June 12-15th

Post the dates or your visit to Put-in-Bay and meet new friends!

Moderator: admin1

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:25 pm

[banned] wrote:You fly, we are planning a Fly In fund raiser on NB, for our 110 year old church. We'll have lunch, cemetery walks and talks, church tours, we'll have our one room school open, plus some other things. This will be our first one, so it is still in the planning stages, don't know if we'll be able to get it together this year before the summer is over, it might have to wait for next summer because we are really going all out for our annual historical tour this Aug and that is our main focus right now. However when it does happen it may be something you and your family might enjoy.
That sounds great, we'll definatly make it up!
If you need any help with the planning, let me know. My wife ran the airport in Van Wert OH for a couple of years and we held several fly-ins, just ask if you need anything.
Also, be sure to list it on www.flyins.com Pretty popular place for pilots.

islander

Postby islander » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:28 am

Thanks for the link as well as the advice offer. We are always looking for new ideas to help raise money for the island Church, and I came up with the Fly In idea because a quarter of the island population are pilots...which is all of four people, and if you live there flying is a part of every day life, from getting to school to getting your mail. So I thought it would be something fun for them as well as something different to do for those who enjoy to fly to their destinations.
The biggest issues that I can possibly see is organizing landing and take off times, and how many planes we can handle based on the amount of passengers each plane will be bringing. We need to have a cap on how many folks can attend due to the fact we have so few people to put this on.
However, I just think it would be a really fun day for every one, not to mention it is some thing that has only been done once on the islands and that was on KI years ago.

funboy2121

x

Postby funboy2121 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I'm there next week also. I'm coming on Wednesday the 11th thru the 15th. We will have to set something up for Saturday the 14th or Friday. Jager Bombs MILLS!
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

Mills

Postby Mills » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:40 pm

It's on!! You should be able to find at Mr. Ed's tiki during the day!! JAGER BOMBS, JAGER BOMBS, JAGER BOMBS!!!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:08 pm

Mills, you should be easy to pick out of the crowd...I'm guessing you'll be the one hanging out with the giant Lepruchan! :lol:

JAGER BOMBS!!!!

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:27 pm

[banned] wrote:Thanks for the link as well as the advice offer.

The biggest issues that I can possibly see is organizing landing and take off times, and how many planes we can handle based on the amount of passengers each plane will be bringing. We need to have a cap on how many folks can attend due to the fact we have so few people to put this on.
However, I just think it would be a really fun day for every one, not to mention it is some thing that has only been done once on the islands and that was on KI years ago.
Actually that is the easiest part, as long as there is some parking, ramp, grass, ect, the pilots can take care of that themselves.
Keep it simple for the pilots as possible, otherwise they'll go to some other fly-in.

We always kept the menue simple too...pancakes and sausage! Take it or leave it! :lol:
The more helpers the better, things will run pretty smooth with about a dozen people/volunteers. I think I'll volunteer myself, wife and two kids to help even though they dont know it yet! :D Of all the fly-ins we held, I think our largest turnout had about 300 people, most drove in though, I think we only had about 20 planes come in. Whenever you can get a date, just drop me a line.

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:29 am

Yes I should be pretty easy to spot with the bald head :D And yes you cannot miss funboy he is a riot!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Katrinka

Postby Katrinka » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:14 pm

Funboy is a blast. I hope to be there too on Sat. Let me know what time. Maybe Funboy won't get kicked out so quickly after we meet this time. lol

funboy2121

xxxx

Postby funboy2121 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:41 am

I will not have the costume on this year. But you never know, I may find something at the Round Bar to wear. I can't wait till next week. Saturday the 14th we should meet at the pool. We rent golf carts and go to the whinery and skyway etc... but were done by noon or so. Thats when I go to the pool. (basically DRUNK)
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:56 am

That is a great plan to meet at the pool Saturday afternoonfunboy!! Smart also to take the golf carts back before getting totally wasted :lol:
Mills, from Cincinnati

funboy2121

xx

Postby funboy2121 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:14 pm

Yeah, that's all I need is a DUI on a golf cart. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:19 pm

Less than 3 days now!!! :lol: 8)
Mills, from Cincinnati

kindy52

Postby kindy52 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:43 am

CANNOT WAIT TO GET TO THE LAKE !!!!!!! 8)
Hide the Rum!

kindy52

Postby kindy52 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:45 am

Man, just saw the MENUS are playing! This might be a good one!
Hide the Rum!

Mills

Postby Mills » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:14 am

Oh it is sooooo on!!!!! This weekend is going to be the best one yet I can feel it :D
Mills, from Cincinnati

Return to “Roll Calls”