Heading to PIB 7/23-25 Xmas in July!

Post the dates or your visit to Put-in-Bay and meet new friends!

Moderator: admin1

Scot

Heading to PIB 7/23-25 Xmas in July!

Postby Scot » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:24 am

Hi Everyone!
We're a married couple from Cincinnati who try to make it up to PIB at least every other year.This year we've decided to head up for Xmas in July.We're going with another married couple and are deciding to just wing it.By that I mean we are arriving in Port Clinton on Thursday 23rd and have a hotel.We are just going to hang on the mainland that night. Friday we are heading over to PIB to check out the scene and to see several Cincinnati bands I know (I'm a Cincy musician as well)...4th Day Echo, The Menus, The Websters and my man Bob Cushing. We've decided to throw caution to the wind and not get a hotel for Friday/Saturday....mainly because they are all booked (big surprise right)! Our thought is that we'll hang until the bars close and then just see where the parties are realizing at that point we are stuck on the island until the morning shuttle!We are hoping we'll run into some old friends or even new ones that will allow the four of us to crash with them...or a last minute cancellation will pop up. Any thoughts or ideas? Are we crazy thinking this will work? Thanks!
-S
:D

Mills

Re: Heading to PIB 7/23-25 Xmas in July!

Postby Mills » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:04 am

This plan could work for you, but you never know? I would keep looking and calling to see if there are last minute cancellations at the hotels!

Or you could try the campgrounds maybe?

One piece of advice, do not try and sleeping in the park b/c the cops will get you :? I have seen people getting arressted before.
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Scot

Postby Scot » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:11 am

Thanks for the info!I've been calling just about everyday to the hotels and the campgrounds.Nothings opened up yet.Yeah I heard about the parks, so we won't be going there.Once the bars close do they simply roll up the streets are do people still hang out outside? I'm assuming the cops would consider that loitering...at least they do here in Cincy. Worst case scenario is we take the last ferry back (11:30 I believe).

gomer

Postby gomer » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:47 am

If you were a bunch of girls you probably wouldn't have any problem finding somewhere to crash. With it being two married couples it may be quite a bit more difficult. I am just stating the facts here.

Scot

Postby Scot » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:42 pm

Haha....don't I know it! :D

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:11 pm

You are allowed to be on the streets as long as you want assuming you are not out of control or puking etc... As long as you are awake and moving they will not bother you, but as soon as one of you passes out you could be in trouble! I would take the last ferry back which is scheduled for midnight, but almost every year for X-mas since it is so packed they run til 2 or 3:00 a.m. to get all the people back to the mainland :P
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Scot

Postby Scot » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:20 pm

Thanks Mills!I was wondering if they might extend the ferry hours.Sounds like a plan.

chucksberg

Postby chucksberg » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:13 pm

Cameo Pizza will be open a little past 4. They have a large patio to hang out on. I've stayed there till early in the morning talking with friends.......Also the docks tend to have something going on all night. Then on to Frosty's for breakfast and ferry back to the mainland for a little sleep.....then back for Sat. night and repeat.......

It's a long drive to Cincy after a 2 day bender......

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:07 am

Chuck is right Cincy seems a lot lot longer drive home than to the Bay LOL!! :shock: :?
Mills, from Cincinnati

Return to “Roll Calls”