June 14th-15th

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

Bryan

June 14th-15th

Postby Bryan » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:04 pm

This weekend was the most fun I have EVER had at the Bay...bar none!!

It went something like this...

10:30 am Jennifer and I are touching down at the PIB airport, excitement already as a sea gull just misses our prop by a few inches and gets grazed by the left (airplane) wing! Thankfuly there is no damage! (I really hate those birds!)
We get our tent set up and head to Joe's Bar for our first beer of the day and shoot the breeze with Jamaican Jon.
Then we head to town and get our number for the Historical Soc. auction. After getting out bid on several things I notice it is 2:30 and I leave Jennifer at the auction and go to find Mills and the crew at Mr Eds Tiki Bar.
3 seconds after getting there I notice I'm a little overdressed for the occasion, I'm the only one there wearing blue jeans! :lol: After hanging out with Mills, Kindy, Taz, Katie, (all awesome folks!) Jennifer catches up and tells me our contractor is waiting on us at the Round House. So we say bye to the crew and head to the RH and pay the contractor some money. After an hour or so the contractor, Jennifer and I head to the Tiki bar (never did see the rest of the crew!). There we meet up with Mr Ed himself (the contractor that is building our house and Ed are good friends), Ed then invites Jennifer and I to a party so we pile in a taxi and head out.
Now here it gets funny, at the party we are having a GREAT time, nice people, ect. After a couple of hours folks are heading out and we head to town as well. Jennifer then tells me there some guys from the Browns football team at the party, I ask who and she says some guy named Brady. Now we dont follow football so I have no clue who she is talking about, so I send my little brother a text to see if he has ever heard of that name and he's like "DUH!!" :lol: You can see which brother follows sports and the one who dont! :D
I probably talked to some of the players, but I can bet it wasn't about football, I really dont know the first thing about the game.
Next thing we did was hit the docks! A friend had a boat on A dock and invited us over, spent the next couple of hours on his boat. A girl on the next boat over had a little too much to drink and was feeding the fish from the swim platform, how she never fell in was a miracle!
About 10:15 we went to Tony's Place and after 1 beer I needed to get some Pizza in attempt to get my "second wind". Cameos to the rescue!!! :D I must be getting old, because after pizza I just wanted to go to sleep. I used to be able to get a few slices of pizza and then close down the Brewery dancing (actually I do the white boy shuffle).

Got up the next day feeling pretty good, went back to my friends boat and then we all headed to Tippers and got breakfast. The boat friends motored home and Jennifer and I toured the Doller house, what a BEAUTIFUL home!
A couple of times through out the day we checked the weather and things looked good. Fast forward to 6pm...yikes! A huge storm was heading right for home, I told Jennifer we GOT to get out of Dodge!
We got out stuff and headed to the airport, filed our flight plan and we were home bound.
I tell you what, NEVER have I cut it close on beating a storm like I did yesterday. Air traffic control informed me that my ETA to the airport would be almost the same as the storm. We touched down at the airport less than 5 minutes before mother nature let it all out! Before we could even taxi to the hangar the wind speed had tripled, changed direction and rain drops had started to fall. I got the plane in the hangar about the same time is started to dump buckets! Too close!

We forgot our camera so all we have is a few cell phone pics, Jennifer took this about 10 minutes before landing, the amount of lighting this storm produced was unbelievable!

Mills

Postby Mills » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:49 am

AWESOME trip report Bryan! It was nice meeting you and your lovely wife at Mr. Ed's tiki bar :D Next time we will have to hang out for a few more drinks and party!!! :)

That is funny you were talking with Browns players and did not even know it! They probably appreciated the fact you were not talking about football actually and just as regular people.
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

kindy52

Postby kindy52 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:03 am

Nice meeting you, Bryan! Great Report!
Hide the Rum!

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:48 pm

Mills wrote:AWESOME trip report Bryan! Next time we will have to hang out for a few more drinks and party!!! :)

That is funny you were talking with Browns players and did not even know it! They probably appreciated the fact you were not talking about football actually and just as regular people.
Thanks man!
Yes! Less running...more partying!! :lol:

Yeah I never thought of it like that, they probably get hounded quite a bit!

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:56 pm

kindy52 wrote:Nice meeting you, Bryan! Great Report!
Thanks!!
Great meeting you too!! 8)

Taz

Postby Taz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:38 am

Nice report Bryan, great meeting you guys as well.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:23 pm

Taz wrote:Nice report Bryan, great meeting you guys as well.
Thanks man!!

Great meeting you too!

Return to “Trip Reports!”