Memorial Day 2008

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

Mister Kay

Memorial Day 2008

Postby Mister Kay » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:14 pm

So better late then never.

Started the weekend by taking my boat from Harrison Township where I live, to St. Clair Shores, where the 2 other boats were leaving from. Got up at 6am Saturday and loaded up my friends and all of their crap and were under way by 6:40am.

We had 6 on our boat, 6 on another boat, and 2 on another. The ride down was nice, made it to Ecorse by about 9 or so.

Then made it to the Bay before 11am. It was hot and we partied on the boats and made some burgers and dogs on my new grill. Stayed at the boats until about 3. Then started making the rounds to the bars, hit up the fish bowl, Mr. Eds, Boathouse, and the Boardwalk.

Then we came back to the boat and changed and relaxed. Bryan and his wife came to visit and I had a good time visiting with them, we shared some drinks and some stories. Then I headed out to meet up with everyone at the many bars we stopped at. Had a great time and almost made it to the brewery to dance at 12:30 but I had nothing left in the tank, I am almost 30, can't hang like the younger guys or the older guys. Talked to Mills about that, younger guys can naturally go longer as they are young, older know how to pace themselves and make it the night. I am too young to pace and too old to have 14 hours of drinking in me. :)

Next day got up and had mamossas and bloody marys, had a few beers and then it was off to golf cart day. Rented 2 carts and went to Joes, the Skyway, and of course the winery where we played some flippy cup.
Also stopped at the DQ for some corndogs, and had a sloppy joe at Joe's which are really good.

Then back to the boat to relax and then off to the bars again for a night of debauchury. Tried to go to all bars with outside areas so I could smoke.

Had a great time and once again didn't make it until 12:30 to dance at the brewery. :(

So headed back to the boat and went to sleep. I wanted to let my buddy and his girl have some time alone so I just went to sleep on the back deck, luckily the people on the other boats we were with woke me up before the rain hit at 5am. I am a heavy sleeper and would have slept until it started pouring. The rain didn't last long and other than that it was sunny and 80 the whole weekend, the best weather for memorial day the last 6 years.

The next day woke with mamossas and a few beers and made the nice trip home. Dropped everyone back off in st. clair shores and took the boat back home to Captain Matt's place by myself. Had a beer with him and then hit the bar for the Piston's game.

So, here are the two funny stories.

First, I have a/c on the boat, but I don't use it much as I need to be plugged into 30 amp and it needs to be really hot, which on the water it really isn't that bad. So I am going to run my bilge pump in the morning and I can't figure out why it won't stop pumping water, I think I am sinking or something, but the bilge doesn't look that bad. We'll, my buddy comes back from a shower and shuts off the a/c and it stops, I didn't know that the a/c is pumping water throught the bilge hole. So, 5 of us are members of the US Power Squadron, so I have been taking a little heat for that for the last few weeks.

Next story, one of my friends who came is from Chicago, and his girlfriend is from Texas. (they met on st. pattys day in Chi town) So needless to say they don't see eachother much. So I come back to the boat one night and two of the girls are sleeping in the v-bunks and I go down to use the bathroom on the boat, I open the door and there is my buddy and his girlfriend going at it in the head. I can barely fit into there to shower, they were some freakin contortionist. :lol:

So all and all it was a great weekend, good to meet Bryan and make another friend from PIB. Unfortunately I didn't run into any old friends there, but hopefully I will be back again this year...as long as gas prices don't go up too much more.

-Mister Kay

Mills

Postby Mills » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:35 pm

Nice trip report Mr. Kay it is making me even more ready for my 1st trip in less than 40 hours!! :lol:

I want a bloody Mary from Frosty's right now!!!!

Let me know when you are going back Katie and I are in!!! :D
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:18 pm

Great write up Mister Kay!

It was a pleasure meeting you too!

WCM

Postby WCM » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:43 am

Wait...you were at the Winery the Sunday of Memorial Day playing flip cup? In the farthest back patio area? I think I played a few rounds with you! I was part of the group sitting at the table closest to the fence between the two sections - I guess your table was behind us?.

It was great when people would walk back there with more wine, coming back from the bathroom, or just whatever and everyone would start cheering and clapping...love great winery days like that!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:12 pm

WCM wrote:Wait...you were at the Winery the Sunday of Memorial Day playing flip cup? In the farthest back patio area? I think I played a few rounds with you! I was part of the group sitting at the table closest to the fence between the two sections - I guess your table was behind us?.

It was great when people would walk back there with more wine, coming back from the bathroom, or just whatever and everyone would start cheering and clapping...love great winery days like that!

That was us!!!! We started playing and then some other people in a bench by us started playing also. That cheering thing we started 6 years ago, anytime someone walks back we start it up. We forgot to do our socials this year though, I rememered as we were walking out, thought about going back in and doing a few.

Anyone is welcome to play some flip cup with us, we are there every memorial day Sunday playing.

It was a good time, Mills, I will let you know when I will be going back. Pretty busy right now with law school and trying to get some local boating in.

Once again, good to meet you Bryan.

Hope to meet some more people.

Mister Kay

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:21 pm

WCM wrote:Wait...you were at the Winery the Sunday of Memorial Day playing flip cup? In the farthest back patio area? I think I played a few rounds with you! I was part of the group sitting at the table closest to the fence between the two sections - I guess your table was behind us?.

That was us!!!! We started playing and then some other people in a bench by us started playing also. That cheering thing we started 6 years ago, anytime someone walks back we start it up. We forgot to do our socials this year though, I rememered as we were walking out, thought about going back in and doing a few.

Anyone is welcome to play some flip cup with us, we are there every memorial day Sunday playing.

It was a good time, Mills, I will let you know when I will be going back. Pretty busy right now with law school and trying to get some local boating in.

Once again, good to meet you Bryan.

Hope to meet some more people.

Mister Kay

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:33 pm

Sounds good Andy :D July 11th weekend does work for us!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:51 pm

Man oh Man.. I wish I was one of the old friends that you could've run into... Xmas... it's all abou Xmas!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

WCM

Postby WCM » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:23 pm

Mister Kay wrote:That was us!!!! We started playing and then some other people in a bench by us started playing also. That cheering thing we started 6 years ago, anytime someone walks back we start it up. We forgot to do our socials this year though, I rememered as we were walking out, thought about going back in and doing a few.

Awesome...nice "meeting" you :wink: (you could probably say that after every trip to the winery). I'll look for you again next year!

Return to “Trip Reports!”