The first mid-trip trip report, July 3-8

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

WCM

The first mid-trip trip report, July 3-8

Postby WCM » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:09 pm

I came into the office today basically because by checking in I don't have to use a vacation day, but I'm pretty worthless right now. I went to Joe's for lunch yesterday (Beer is food. Eat at Joe's) and had a great time, saw the parade go by, got some beads, remembered that beads were stupid and gave them away. Then I went down to Oddfellows for one because I had $7 left on a gift card (Oddfellows and Frosty's have gift cards - good gift idea). After that, met up with some friends at Rita's Cantina (Boardwalk). I really like it up there...can't beat the view. Had a lobster dinner then headed over to the Fishbowl for a bucket of beer - $10 during Tribe games - before the fireworks. Watched the fireworks from my boat dock - they were good, but they have been better...I did meet the guy though who was the one that jumped off the barge during a fireworks show as there was a mishap on the barge and the fireworks all started going off on the barge...lol...I think that was 15 years ago or so....funniest thing I've ever seen - fireworks going crazy on the barge and all of a sudden you see a siloette of a man jumping off the barge into the lake. Wish I had that on video.

Anyway, I'm not sure what exactly happened after that....there were stops at Eds and the Round House before The Brewery and finally, Cameo's Pizza. I'm not even sure I ate the pizza...I've made a mental note to just go home when I'm that wasted...lol.

Of course, I woke up and took the 10:00 boat and came into work. I meant to take the business man express (aka, the 6:00 boat) but I was just way to hammered to even think about getting up at 6:00. If I can stop surfing the Internet and get things done, I should be able to get out of here by 4:00 and catch the 5:30 back to the Bay. It's always a lot easier to leave the Island when you know you're coming right back!

If anyone is up this weekend and you think you recognize me, be sure to say hello!

islander

Postby islander » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:24 pm

Bill will you be around the rock this weekend? I will be out to the bars after Sat. once the flamingos arrive. If you are in the Round and see a group of old school that is probably where I'll be, so come say hi.
Do you ever go out swimming with Dan and/or Tom on the weekends, I run into them from time to time anchored around.
I agree the fireworks have been better, but the weather ended up perfect. We tied off a police ball, and had nobody between us and them so the view was great.
Sounds like you have been around the islands a lot this summer, are you going back and forth often? I've been spending as much time as I can on the islands, or floating near one....17 days out of the last 30, heading up tomorrow for another week and half :D

WCM

Postby WCM » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:02 pm

Hey Robin! Yes, I'll be on the Island this weekend - it's my girlfriend's 30th birthday tomorrow so we'll be out and about for sure. We are actually planning on hitting up the party barge Saturday afternoon if you're around - we'll be on a 25 ft Tiara called "Hornet" (my Dad and brother went to Kalamazoo College - the Hornets. Maybe the dumbest boat name ever, but whatever). Regardless, I'll look for you at the Roundy Sat night - we're usually on and off the back patio/back bar.

I've been up pretty much every weekend since the ferry started running, minus a few weekends in May, plus a few times during the week when my schedule permits. I play for the Boardwalk softball team so I'm at least up for every game. Speaking of, we play Kelly's at Kelly's Sunday night if you can stick around until Monday...some Brandy Alexanders and Strawberry shots perhaps?

WCM

Postby WCM » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:13 pm

Test

islander

Postby islander » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:44 am

Bill I didn't make it as you can probably guess. I made it to NBI but not to the Bay until Tues. Had to go to the Calender signing at the Boardwalk, since my Dad is now a centerfold and all. :shock: What a hoot!! I love them all. Marv's picture was great...one of the better ones for sure. Joe's...Geo's...Scott's...all great. :wink:
Our sitter fell through so I didn't make it "out" until this last Sun. which worked out better anyways, I love the Websters, and there were a ton of islanders out to play, but the island was still packed and that got a little on my nerves.
We were at the Barge this last Sat. but left for the Marsh when the wind switched. Do you go out often in the boat? We find ourselves at the marsh more often than the barge any more as it can get rocky when there is a lot of traffic around or the wind is out of the sw. If you haven't been over it is right off of MBI directly across from the barge. Sandy bottom and clamer than School House. I usally run into a number of islanders over there.
We are drying out until the 2nd, then up for 18 days straight. And we'll be in the drink everyday but the day of the Historical Tour on NB. If you are out on the lake I have a 28 carver express, looks alot like a tiara though, more so than a carver. In fact I call it my poor man's tiara. It is white, with a teal top and if we are at the marsh we anchor pretty close to the keg. What color is your boat? Tan or white?

WCM

Postby WCM » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:58 pm

Hey...

Yeah, actually that Saturday was real windy. We loaded up the cooler and gave it a go, but got as far as just out of the harbor next to Gibralter and decided it was just too rough to even make the trip. So we polished off the cooler sitting at the dock...kind of like being on the party barge, except I have to walk to the state park to piss instead of jump in the lake ;)

We do also go to the "Marsh" some. We go out on the boat a lot, but mostly just for a cruise or to head to Kelly's or Pelee...need to incorporate more hanging out in the lake!

Our boat is white, white canopy top, with "Pursuit" written on both sides of the boat. My friend, Poe, also hasa 22' sea ray (oh bay me II) that we alternate taking out. It's blue and white.

I was thinking about trying to take the NB tour - are you the tour guide?

islander

Postby islander » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:00 pm

If I see a pursuit or 22 ray I'll swim over. Yes the weather the week before just wasn't good swimming weather...and we found our selves doing the same thing, rottin' on the dock, drinking most days by 11, just because there wasn't much else to do.
If you have ever wanted to see NB, this tour is the one to go on. It is going to be a blast. There will be a poker run with fun games to win a card, you'll have to go all over the island to get cards, but there will be a map. We are going to have a speak easy which will serve wine, and there will be two live music shows in the church. Hot dogs fresh off the grill for lunch, crafts, I'll have NB t-shirts and hats for sale. As for me I talk the history. I'll be dressed up as Aunt Sophia Welch, and old [banned] and it will be my speak easy you'll be drinkin at. So I'll walk around and answer questions about the island and its past, plus tell island stories, I'll probably have to give a talk at the end of the day as well. That type of thing. But as for seeing the island, you do that at your own pace.
If you think you are coming let me know and I'll fill you in via email on some other important things you might need to know but can't mention here.

Return to “Trip Reports!”