June 22-24 Trip Report

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

Mister Kay

June 22-24 Trip Report

Post by Mister Kay » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:30 am

I had fun.
More details later. Made it home just fine and had a great time with everyone.
I think there were many people in the bachelor party that really regretted they had never taken Matt and I up on our offers to go to PIB before.
Luckily all 15 of them made it through the weekend with no problem.

I have already heard the story twice since being home about Taz and his remarkable ability not to let any margarita hit the ground.

Good to meet Amy and friends also, although we have met before, and may have even talked about it.....who knows. I had a great time but it's nice to be on land.

Also, I was going for the corndog record, I ended up eating 5 on Saturday plus the mini one that the guy tossed down from the pool bar 30 feet with ketchup and mustard on it for me, which I asked for. Nice guy!

OK, more details later but right now I need some spicy Thai food.

See ya!

Mills

Post by Mills » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:52 am

My trip report is still to come too, maybe tomorrow, but definitely by the end of the week. :D
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Taz

Post by Taz » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:11 pm

Reflexes like a cat, Andy! El Gatto [banned], baby! :lol: Had a great time with you guys on Saturday, I wish I could've stayed longer, hopefully we'll be able to get together at some point this summer. Talk to everyone soon.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

CabinGirl

Post by CabinGirl » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:57 am

So we going to get the reports today? The suspense is killing me! :wink: Did you guys see the guy life flighted out of the Bay? Read that someone broke his leg (compound fracture) on Sat I think and had to be life flighted to Toledo. Wasn't anyone you knew was it?

Taz

Post by Taz » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:20 pm

Nobody I know so far, I saw an ambulance or two, but that's about it.

I got on the Island around eleven am, headed straight over to "A" dock and met Andy and Mills, Katie was showering, she showed up shortly after that, then Matt, with Amy and her friends. We hung out at the boat for a while, then went up on the board walk for Margaritas, where I performed my miracle reflex act. One of Andys friends was pouring Margaritas around and after one pour spilled a big glop of mix, I dropped down to the ground with my glass and caught it in the air right before it hit the ground. It was poetry in motion, LOL..... :roll: We all had a big laugh about it. After that we went back to the boats for a bit then over to the pools, where it was packed. We sat on the new Pirate Ship, that's inbetween Spla$h and [banned] pools, but left after some weirdo DUDE in a thong kept bothering us. After that we went over to the I$landerk Pool and hung out for a while, ran into a couple of people I knew, met some new friends. After that I'm a little grey on what happened, but I had to head home soon after that.

Bullette

Post by Bullette » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:52 pm

Sounds like a good time for sure! Taz is sure to catch any alcohol abuse before it happens!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

Taz

Post by Taz » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:06 pm

I try not to let anything get past me.

Mills

Post by Mills » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:46 am

OK, here goes.....

Katie and I arrived at the Miller Ferry and caught the 6:30 ferry across. We enjoyed a few cold beers on the ride across and met the owner of the mo-ped and bike rental Paul (great guy)! Next we arrived at the Fox Den campground and quickly set up and headed straight for Mr. Ed's to see some old friend, dinner, and a few drinks :lol: Next we hit up Frosty's, but with the high # of hillbilly's decided to head to the Round House. I ran into Roger (kingpin) there and had a drink with him and his wife :D The highlight of the Round House if you call it a highlight was a drunk chick walking around in a robe type of shirt wide open with no bra and showed me her goods :? After the show, we went back to Mr. Ed's for a few more drinks. While there I noticed a drunk continually hitting on another guys girlfriend and after the 3rd time the two of them were on the floor rolling :shock: Since I realized the guy whose girl was getting hit on was innocent, I ran up and told Tiny and the other bouncers that he should be allowed to stay. The guy thanked me and told me "he was simply trying to spend some time with his girl while he was home on leave from the Army"!! Gotta take care of our soldiers!!! After about 4 different guys hit on Katie we decided to call it a night and head back to camp.

Friday we woke up and went straight to Frosty's for breakfast :lol: After a few Bloody Mary's and eggs we were ready for the day!! Jen and Chris arrived to the camp site and set up and we had a few drinks and headed to Mr. Ed's tiki bar :D The weather was awesome and music good as usual. I ran into Jer Ber and Jeremy F. and the boys while at the tiki!! Next we went to the docks to party with Big Don who had just arrived. Sure enough it was root beer bomb & cherry bomb time and before long we were all drunk and happy :D Around 8:00 that night while still on A dock Jen decided to take a nap since Don knows how to make a shot :shock: After helping her to the car we went back to the camp for a nap, well to say the least all 4 of us passed out and woke up at 3:00 a.m. :evil: At least we would be rested for Saturday!

Saturday we woke up around 7:30 since we were ready to ROCK!! Frosty's was calling our names again, Bloody Mary's were in order as usual. Next we went to the A dock to find Mr. Kay and Captain Matt. Their boat was empty so we walked to B and ended up on a boat and drinking at 9:00 a.m. with new friends Travis and Barb :) I then received a text from Mr. Kay so we went back to his boat for Mimosa's and to catch up! Next Taz showed up around 11:30 and we began the party immediately! Pure Amy and her friends showed up on Andy's boat and the day was going. Then Mr. Kay's friends who were there for a bachelor party showed up and we went to the Margarita bar on top of the Boardwalk. AWESOME view from up there 8) This is where Taz performed his now famous Margarita saving catch :shock: :lol: We then headed to the World's lagest Urinal, but as soon as we arrived we realized why we don't go there! There was nothing but dudes and the water was not the freshest :? We noticed the P!rate ship bar and walked up and the view there was pretty decent. Next came the weird dude in a thong with a WHITE WHITE butt who was getting a little too close for comfort for Taz and I so we walked over to the I*lander pool to find my boys Dave and his brothers from Cincy!! They were easy enough to spot in the hot tub! They boys had quite a few of the girls showing their RACKS :o Taz seemed to be hitting it off pretty well with a bachelorette party when they disappeared, sorry Taz :x By this time it was time to go back to camp and grill out and get ready for the night. After arriving back in town I have to say it seemed a lot more crowded everywhere than normal :shock: Since Mr. Ed's and Frosty's was packed we went to the Fish Bowl for what else a FISH BOWL :wink: Since I was ROCKING my Chad Johnson jersey I was an easy target for conversation. WHO DEY!!! After a while Katie and I decided some fresh air in the park to watch the drunks was a good idea! We met this older guy who self proclaimed himself as "A bada**"" who was a riot and even offered us some of the wacky tobacco, too many cops around so we declined. Then came a dude who asked us about 5x to smoke with him, but since we both don't smoke declined this offer too. If anyone is ever tired of the crowded bars, I definitely reccommend sitting on a park bench and taking in the scenery, you will be amused :lol: That concluded trip #1 for the year, see everyone for X-mas!!!! :lol: 8) :wink:
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Mills

Post by Mills » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:49 am

OK, here goes.....

Katie and I arrived at the Miller Ferry and caught the 6:30 ferry across. We enjoyed a few cold beers on the ride across and met the owner of the mo-ped and bike rental Paul (great guy)! Next we arrived at the Fox Den campground and quickly set up and headed straight for Mr. Ed's to see some old friend, dinner, and a few drinks :lol: Next we hit up Frosty's, but with the high # of hillbilly's decided to head to the Round House. I ran into Roger (kingpin) there and had a drink with him and his wife :D The highlight of the Round House if you call it a highlight was a drunk chick walking around in a robe type of shirt wide open with no bra and showed me her goods :? After the show, we went back to Mr. Ed's for a few more drinks. While there I noticed a drunk continually hitting on another guys girlfriend and after the 3rd time the two of them were on the floor rolling :shock: Since I realized the guy whose girl was getting hit on was innocent, I ran up and told Tiny and the other bouncers that he should be allowed to stay. The guy thanked me and told me "he was simply trying to spend some time with his girl while he was home on leave from the Army"!! Gotta take care of our soldiers!!! After about 4 different guys hit on Katie we decided to call it a night and head back to camp.

Friday we woke up and went straight to Frosty's for breakfast :lol: After a few Bloody Mary's and eggs we were ready for the day!! Jen and Chris arrived to the camp site and set up and we had a few drinks and headed to Mr. Ed's tiki bar :D The weather was awesome and music good as usual. I ran into Jer Ber and Jeremy F. and the boys while at the tiki!! Next we went to the docks to party with Big Don who had just arrived. Sure enough it was root beer bomb & cherry bomb time and before long we were all drunk and happy :D Around 8:00 that night while still on A dock Jen decided to take a nap since Don knows how to make a shot :shock: After helping her to the car we went back to the camp for a nap, well to say the least all 4 of us passed out and woke up at 3:00 a.m. :evil: At least we would be rested for Saturday!

Saturday we woke up around 7:30 since we were ready to ROCK!! Frosty's was calling our names again, Bloody Mary's were in order as usual. Next we went to the A dock to find Mr. Kay and Captain Matt. Their boat was empty so we walked to B and ended up on a boat and drinking at 9:00 a.m. with new friends Travis and Barb :) I then received a text from Mr. Kay so we went back to his boat for Mimosa's and to catch up! Next Taz showed up around 11:30 and we began the party immediately! Pure Amy and her friends showed up on Andy's boat and the day was going. Then Mr. Kay's friends who were there for a bachelor party showed up and we went to the Margarita bar on top of the Boardwalk. AWESOME view from up there 8) This is where Taz performed his now famous Margarita saving catch :shock: :lol: We then headed to the World's lagest Urinal, but as soon as we arrived we realized why we don't go there! There was nothing but dudes and the water was not the freshest :? We noticed the P!rate ship bar and walked up and the view there was pretty decent. Next came the weird dude in a thong with a WHITE WHITE butt who was getting a little too close for comfort for Taz and I so we walked over to the I*lander pool to find my boys Dave and his brothers from Cincy!! They were easy enough to spot in the hot tub! They boys had quite a few of the girls showing their RACKS :o Taz seemed to be hitting it off pretty well with a bachelorette party when they disappeared, sorry Taz :x By this time it was time to go back to camp and grill out and get ready for the night. After arriving back in town I have to say it seemed a lot more crowded everywhere than normal :shock: Since Mr. Ed's and Frosty's was packed we went to the Fish Bowl for what else a FISH BOWL :wink: Since I was ROCKING my Chad Johnson jersey I was an easy target for conversation. WHO DEY!!! After a while Katie and I decided some fresh air in the park to watch the drunks was a good idea! We met this older guy who self proclaimed himself as "A bada**"" who was a riot and even offered us some of the wacky tobacco, too many cops around so we declined. Then came a dude who asked us about 5x to smoke with him, but since we both don't smoke declined this offer too. If anyone is ever tired of the crowded bars, I definitely reccommend sitting on a park bench and taking in the scenery, you will be amused :lol: That concluded trip #1 for the year, see everyone for X-mas!!!! :lol: 8) :wink:
Mills, from Cincinnati

Mills

Post by Mills » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:54 am

OK, here goes.....

Mills, from Cincinnati

Mills

Post by Mills » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:56 am

Sorry about posting the trip report 3x :oops:
Mills, from Cincinnati

funboy2121

xxx

Post by funboy2121 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:23 am

It's not your fault. This site has been screwy lately! I did it too!
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

CabinGirl

Post by CabinGirl » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:43 am

Woohoo thanks for the reports (three times haha)! Can't wait till xmas too!!

kindy52

Post by kindy52 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:06 pm

Nice trip report, Bro! Hopefully I didn't miss too much!
We'll be on the River this weekend and probably a Reds game.

The countdown to Xmas is on!
Hide the Rum!

Mills

Post by Mills » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:09 pm

Jody,

where are you going Sat night?
Mills, from Cincinnati