JUNE 15TH TRIP REPORT:

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

WILL TAZ BOTHER WITH ANOTHER TRIP TO THE BAY THIS YEAR?

YES:
82%
NO:
18%

Total votes: 11

islander

Post by islander » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:49 pm

Nope...Dale. If it isn't crazy at Ed's, just ask Jeremy H. or his dad they'll give you the scoop. Known Jeremy since the day he was born. His parents have known me since the day I was born. Infact, the Grave Digger story is about Jeremy's granpa (doesn't let you spell it out correctly, too close to the competitions name) and my dad. Jer is from North Bass. He has old, old island roots. His family has been on the islands since the late 1800's. His great granma came back then. His granma was born on the islands and his granpa came about 1925.
Any other family trees? Roger's family has been around even longer.

islander

Post by islander » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:53 pm

I haven't worked on the docks since 1996...maybe I have the wrong Roger too.

Mills

Post by Mills » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:07 pm

I am going to have to ask Jeremy H. about the grave digger story tomorrow when I see him! Sounds very intersting!!! :)

I was referring to the Roger that owns a bowling alley on the mainland. His daughter worked as a dock master last summer. I always run into him and his wife in the summer 8)
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

WCM

Post by WCM » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:14 am

someone should write a book (or enhanced org chart) about family trees on the island...that would be something else. I get confused just thinking about all the dotted lines (and lines that are no longer existant, or existant, but not actively engaged)

islander

Post by islander » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:34 pm

It is a tangled web we weave out on the islands...I believe it might be a bit too hard to explain, not to mention believe, unless other wise experienced. :shock:
I laugh my tail off when I think about my own family, relations and almost relations on the island...who wouldn't the way it all looks with out all the details. Lets just say when it comes to alot of island folks there is a lot of almost "related by a hair" type of stuff going on. :wink:
However the LEIHS has most of the trees done for all the older island families. You can even pull many of them up on their website.
Oh I hear the lake a'callin, I'm outta here!! :D

WCM

Post by WCM » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:42 pm

ah...the lake...I had some of the more pleasant ferry rides last night and this morning as the weather was perfect! Nothing like hopping on the ferry as part of your morning commute to work!

I've looked at the LEIHS site before (I see where you were accredited). Neat to see the early Bass Island surnames and try to piece together who is there today. I'd like to know how many people are related to the same person in more than one fashion...like your step brother gets married to your cousin making your cousin your sister-in-law.