JUNE 15TH TRIP REPORT:

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

WILL TAZ BOTHER WITH ANOTHER TRIP TO THE BAY THIS YEAR?

YES:
82%
NO:
18%

Total votes: 11

Taz

JUNE 15TH TRIP REPORT:

Post by Taz » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:06 am

Since I got drafted to work on Saturday and Sunday I decided to head up to the Bay on Friday and wing it.

TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED!!!! I knew it was gonna be bad when the Jet parking lot was empty.

I arrived on the island around 11 am, took a quick walk thru Frostys and Eds, then headed over to Mr Ed's pool and Tiki Bar. Couldn't find ya Funboy, so I went to Splash. The Pools were very quite, ran into a few of my friends and hung with them all day. Glad they were there because, not a lot was happening, crowd was small and total sausage fest!

After leaving the pools and cleaning up we headed out, the Docks were empty, Eds was a ghost town, Round House had a nice crowd, Rear barrel was quite, but their Patio had a nice crowd. Ended up at The Boat House to see Patty, they had a decent crowd, but over all I'd say the crowds were small and dudes out numbered girls about 50 to 1.

The Mayflies were TERRIBLE!!

I found a new "friend" and was gonna stay the night at her place, but decided against it, so I caught the Midnight jet back to Post Clinton. To top off the bad experience I had some drunk F#$% from Cincinnati, Sorry Mills, giving me crap about my Browns jersey, while waiting under the pavillion waiting for the Jet, almost came to a major brawl, people had to seperate us! Then he started with some other dude on the jet. It was pretty ugly.

So there you have it folks, hopefully saturday will be better for the Bay.

I have to say one of my WORST PIB experiences EVER!
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Mister Kay

Post by Mister Kay » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 am

That is unfortunate.

Don't get into a fist fight over sports teams.

I have to say I wore my Detroit Tigers stuff and Piston's stuff over Memorial Day and had a great time going back and fourth with Cleveland fans for all the games, and it was all in fun and we had a good time with it. Try not to let that get out of hand.

Anyway, sorry Friday wasn't that great, come on back this weekend Taz, however we are bringing a sausage fest as it's a bachelor party.

p.s. The Browns suck!!! :D

Stop smiling Mills, so do the Bengals!!! :D

Mills

Post by Mills » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:52 am

Ha ha good one Andy!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

gomer

Post by gomer » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:38 pm

Taz man sorry your trip wasn't good. I know I don't really know all of you but that stinks. I was actually up at the Bay this weekend as well and my weekend went a lot better then that. Friday was good the crowd at the longest bar and also Brewery late night was solid. Lots of really cute women at both and really not a bad ratio either place. Saturday was great. The pool at the PIB Resort was packed and there were a ton of good looking women and again the ratio wasn't bad. Then I headed to the Boardwalk, Longest Bar, Fishbowl and Brewery and they were all solid and all had lovely ladies and pretty good ratios. By the way I think I know the guy from the dock you are talking about. There was some idiot hammered and drinking like at 10:30 in the morning Sunday when I was getting on the Jet to leave. He was pretty obnoxious and yelling things at the people waiting in line. 4th year in a row to the Bay and I will definitely be back.

Taz

Post by Taz » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm

Real funny Andy, LOL...... :evil:

Cindy

sorry about your trip

Post by Cindy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:13 pm

Sorry about your trip - was there all weekend and yes Friday was pretty laid back but we of course managed to have a great time, you should have called me!!! After struggling with a horrible hangover Saturday managed to swing another hearty night of boozing. Looking forward to the July trip.

kindy52

Post by kindy52 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:01 pm

Anymore, the trips are much funner at xmas and after up there. Cincinnati / Northern KY has been surprisingly pretty happenin' this year, thank God!
Hide the Rum!

funboy2121

xxx

Post by funboy2121 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:19 pm

Taz, were you on the same island as me! There were hardly any Mayflies, it wasn't packed but wasn't empty either, and there was woman( just had to know where to look)! I totally not into writing a report now, but when I start feeling better, then I will post a report! At least I met Katrinka, but she probably thinks I'm the grossest thing on earth, But thats got to wait for my report............. see you in a day or so!
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

Mills

Post by Mills » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:04 pm

OK funboy I would rather wait for a good report when you are ready to write then the short version when you are hung over and tired :lol: I know exactly what you are going through, you now need a vacation to recover from your vacation to the Bay LOL!!! :?
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Taz

Post by Taz » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:28 pm

Funboy, Those tiny little bugs that were flying around were Baby Mayflies. There were thousands of them, they'll mature in about a week or two into the pain in the butt adults we hate so much. And I should have clarified, when i said few women, I meant quality women. I'm sure it got better on Saturday tho. Sorry I missed Katrinka, maybe I'll run into her in Cleveland one day!

Mister Kay

Post by Mister Kay » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:59 am

Mayflies, or as we call them, fishflies, are jsut starting their season. We have them really bad here in St. Clair Shores, Michigan.
Most people are used to them around here so they don't bother people much. The local stores and bars and roads are usually covered with them, but many turn their lights off to keep them down.

However Taz, Mayflies come out of the water fully developed, so any little bugs you were seeing were not them. Also, they only live a day or two. They develop for a year in the water then when are grown hatch and then mate for that day or two out of the water.

I am guessing there had to be at least some the past weekend as we are starting to get them pretty good.

funboy2121

xxx

Post by funboy2121 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:37 am

Thank you Kay, I knew I wasn't nuts(well maybe).I think that Taz was seeing knats because I remember walking into a couple swarms of them!
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

islander

Post by islander » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:16 am

The mayflies while a mess are part of on the lake living. Yes they track everything up, and don't taste the best.. but they are a welcome pest. They are a sign of the lake being clean and healthy. And I love how clear the lake has become out around the islands.
Bugs, snakes and the islands go hand and hand, the more we have the more healthy our eco-system is. Wait till you run face to face with one of the island's famous giant wood spiders, they grow hair out here and have a zero sense of humor.
Heck even the white bass are running again...only because our eco-system is better than it has been in probably 50 years.
Of course I'll be cussing those mayflies out after I have to start scrubing them off my boat a hundred times a day. But swiming in a clean lake is worth the trade off and they are only here for about two weeks...then it is mosquito time.

Mister Kay, question for ya, Do you ever take your boat to Crystal Bay? If so about how long do you think it would take to get there from the islands? I hear a lot of fun things about it and might like to check it out.

Mills

Post by Mills » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:29 am

Thanks for the info [banned] :lol:

I honestly have NEVER had any problems with mayflies when on the island. They do seem attracted to lights, but pretty much just stick to screens and lights and are no big deal.

Who cares about mayflies, I am going to be on the island in about 54 hours!!! 8) :lol: :D
Mills, from Cincinnati

Katrinka

Post by Katrinka » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:35 am

Taz - I agree with Funboy, you must have been on a different island. Saturday was awesome. The mayflies didn't seem nearly as bad to me this year as they have in the past. There seemed to be plenty of people in the bars but not at all crowded which I like. We pounded em pretty hard at the Frosty bar early in the day and met up with Funboy at the tiki bar around 4:00. Hung out with him for a while -until he got kicked out - which I will let him explain because If I think about it I may just ralph. lol He is a riot and I am so glad I got to meet him. Maybe some day I will get to meet Taz too. :wink:
The Round bar had a good band (I think). The Fish Bowl was absolutely dead at about 7:00 - at least I think it was around then- It was still daylight I do know that. Ended the night at the Crescent to see the Boogiemen Band - who were great as usual.
All in all it was a GREAT DAY AT THE BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!