May 4-6

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

WCM

May 4-6

Post by WCM » Mon May 07, 2007 9:37 am

Quick Trip report from this past weekend ("quick" becuase I don't remember much...lol)

I was THRILLED to see the Chicken Patio open for dinner Friday night...helped myself to a chicken dinner...great as always!

Went to The Brewery to watch the Indians play - bowled a 218 on Silver Strike...I think that was good for 25th place! Then went out to Joe's to meet up with some people. I have to say, I really love Joe's. Mostly because there's that period during the night where you're not hammered yet and you just want to catch up with people and not deal with huge crowds and Joe's is perfect for that. Plus Joe himself is fun. I would also put The Fishbowl and Oddfellows in this category. Went to the Roundy to watch Emily's Toy Box after that - they're pretty good. Anyone who smokes, the Round House has made the back enterence area into a little smoking patio, not to mention the front porch. Actually kind of cool to go back there and get out of the bar for a minute and be able to hear yourself talk (I think I sould like I'm getting old...sad...).

Saturday was pretty much a disaster - opened Joe's up at noon after breakfast at Frosty's (and some misc chores). Saw the first puker of the day at about 1:30 (somehow had to walk from downtown heading back to the Island Club...did a shot and a beer at each bar along the way...puked over the rail outside Joe's). Hit up the Winery for a couple bottles then went to Frosty's for some food (meaball/sausage sub was great!), then over to the Boat House...had a root beer float shot (among other things)...I'll have to remember that one - it was good. Ran into some girls with Flabangos at Frosty's, and they were at the Boat House as well...I think that was pretty much the start of my undoing (around 5:45). Then we started on the whole "let's try to go everywhere" tour. Off to The Crew's Nest for some drinks, then we hit up the Island Club for the end of the Spring Fling party. It seemed like it was a pretty cool event, but it was winding down as we got there. Then we stopped back at Joes (I mean, since we were out there) and then to the Round House where I think I pretty much walked in and left because I couldn't see anymore. Face down on my bed around 10:00. Good times.

Stuff that's new and coming along: The Boardwalk has made some progress - has new signs on the side of the building now. Tailfins race track is now paved - I hope they put up a fence between the track and Toledo - the race track is pretty close!. Didn't see much progress with the new Crescent Patio - still no new railing or tables. And one other thing that took me a minute (may not apply to you) was getting used to the new enterence/exit to the Miller Ferry parking lot (on the Island side)...I thought I was trapped for a minute!

Next trip to be May 17/18...I think everything should be fully open by then!

Katrinka

Post by Katrinka » Mon May 07, 2007 2:18 pm

THANKS for a great report.

Taz

Post by Taz » Mon May 07, 2007 5:33 pm

Great report, can't wait to get there!
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

kindy52

Post by kindy52 » Tue May 08, 2007 9:36 am

Thanks for the report!
Hide the Rum!

Bullette

Post by Bullette » Tue May 08, 2007 10:57 am

Sounds like a good time for sure! I was talking to my neighbors last night about PIB, and as I was telling some of the fun stories, I got that rush feeling that you get when you are about to step onto the ferry. I totally can't wait to get up there!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

Mister Kay

Post by Mister Kay » Tue May 08, 2007 1:16 pm

Bullette wrote:Sounds like a good time for sure! I was talking to my neighbors last night about PIB, and as I was telling some of the fun stories, I got that rush feeling that you get when you are about to step onto the ferry. I totally can't wait to get up there!

That is called beer going into the stomach. :)

Bullette

Post by Bullette » Tue May 08, 2007 2:56 pm

Oh yeah!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

pbosak

Post by pbosak » Wed May 09, 2007 11:25 am

Great report WCM. It's always nice to get the scoop. Did you try your Mint Julep?

WCM

Post by WCM » Wed May 09, 2007 1:46 pm

I fully intended on trying one, but Saturday was such a drunken mess that by the time the Derby rolled around, I had no idea what was going on. And maybe I was a little infatuated with the flambongos...

Steph

Post by Steph » Wed May 09, 2007 5:19 pm

Nice report. Gotta love Joe's (love the food menu there too...lol). Can't wait to see the progress and the changes to the island. Could go for a bucket of beer right about now.

kindy52

Post by kindy52 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:37 pm

Bobdog & I actually got the boot from Joe's once!

Still love the place, though. It is set up for a tame croud!
Hide the Rum!

Mills

Post by Mills » Thu May 10, 2007 3:59 pm

Jody, now that is not not surprising :lol:

NICE SHIRT MAAAAAAAM!!! :lol:
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!