April 20-22

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

WCM

April 20-22

Post by WCM » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:45 pm

Heading up this weekend...looks like it should be a great spring weekend! Anyone else?

BuckNut

Post by BuckNut » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:53 am

Not this weekend... going to the OSU spring game. Went last weekend for the lighting of the whiskey light.

Have good time, the weather looks fabulous.
Go Bucks!!!

Bullette

Post by Bullette » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:08 am

god.. I would love to go.. I have too much to do, and not enough money this week!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

WCM

Post by WCM » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:59 am

10:00...wondering what the earliest acceptable time to bail on work is...

pbosak

Post by pbosak » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:40 am

Not going this weekend, but will be heading up May 4th. Let us know how it goes this weekend. Seems like construction on the island has been pretty busy over the winter.

WCM

Post by WCM » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:15 pm

Weekend was great - weather was perfect! I got to enjoy some time in the wine garden at Heinemans on saturday afternoon...not sure what i did after that :)

The Boardwalk is coming along nicely - the Uppper Deck restaurant looks like it will be pretty cool, great views from inside (I was fortunate enough to take a tour) but what I am really excited about is the new upstairs bar on the deck they built toward the street over the Sonny-S dock/Little Galley (the hamburger part). I could definately spend a lot of time up there during the day, watching all the boats come in!

The race track thing was kind of carved out where it will go...comes pretty close to the street (Toledo Ave as you're coming into town by the bus stop). I hope they have a fence or something up there - you could easily spin off the track and into the road. Pretty disappointed with the structure that will become where you buy tickets, along with the new hotel next to the Perry Holiday. They both look like they were put up as fast as possible, looking like big storage barns. Oddfellows is expanding its porch and into the store that was next door (Lone Willow maybe?). Should be a good spot to go if you're looking for something a little more laid back.

Made my yearly cameo appearance in the rear barrel - anything and everything was $2 on Friday night so I figured I'd stop in while beers were only moderately priced rather than "I don't care how over-priced you think this is, you're on an Island and there's not a whole lot you can do about it" priced.

All in all, it was a good weekend. I think everything should be open by May 18-20 weekend (Victoria Day). Roundy, Frosty's, Ed's, BB, Tipper's, Brewery, and Heinemen's were all open on Saturday.

pbosak

Post by pbosak » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:42 am

Great report. Must have been great being on the island for the first time. Sounds like the island has been very busy during the off season. Can't wait to check it out for myself. Hopefully next weekend (May 4th). Hopefully I can make it to the customer appreciation party. Last year, Admin's girlfriend gave me a hard time. He must have her trained good :D

Mills

Post by Mills » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:55 pm

Awww man all this island talk is making me jealous!! I just closed my eyes for a minute and I was bonging a beer with Paul on "A" dock, doing an O Bomb with Mr. Kay & Captain Matt on his new boat, doing shots with funboy and Katie, doing belly floppers with Taz at Mr. Ed's tiki, bar hopping with Jagerman, then passing out on the back of a random boat :lol: :D 8) :shock: :P
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

pbosak

Post by pbosak » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:59 pm

Great visual Mills. All that will be a reality soon buddy. I know I'm looking forward to it. I am out of bong shape though so we may need to practice soon. :D

Mills

Post by Mills » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:04 pm

I know man I have not bonged since last summer so I need to get back into shape!! I am in great shape Captain Morgan wise though :P
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Mister Kay

Post by Mister Kay » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:02 am

We are getting ready up here in the North. Matt and I spent a little time getting the boats ready this week but neither of us are in the water yet.

All of the visuals sound good, and they will all become reality shortly.