March 24-25 trip report

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

BuckNut

March 24-25 trip report

Post by BuckNut » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:52 pm

Hey all.

Made a journey up to the Bay this weekend and thought I would relay a couple interesting things.

We made it to the first ferry on Sat morning at 8:30. It was chilly and very foggy. You couldn't see more than 50 yards in any direction. I guess the weather had changed and blown some of the ice back in the path of the Miller ferry. Consequently, the ferry had to slow down to push its way through the ice. I have never seen anything like it, but it was neat. By the end of the ferry ride we were engulfed in a rain/snow mix. It rained for half the day on Sat then cleared up. The sun came out and it actually made it into the sixties. Sunday was a little chillier but plenty of sunshine. Visited a couple of the bars and had some food and drinks, but mainly worked around the house and relaxed. The Bay is very peaceful this time of year, but you can sense the impending activity.
Go Bucks!!!

Taz

Post by Taz » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:42 pm

THX 4 the info Bucknut.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Mister Kay

Post by Mister Kay » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:01 pm

Were people smoking in the bars???

Bullette

Post by Bullette » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:29 pm

Sounds like you had a nice weekend! Too bad you didn't have that 70 degree weather that we had yesterday over the weekend!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

BuckNut

Post by BuckNut » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:20 pm

Yeah, people were smoking in the two bars I went into. Keep in mind, that neither of them were crowded and the few people I did see seemed like locals.

I was lamenting the weather when the snow started coming down since it was at least 20 degrees warmer back in Dayton.

As some of you may know, over the winter public water was installed on the island. There are now many new shiny red fire hydrants and many of the roads are quite torn up. There are many places where they dug and just covered it back up with dirt. Hopefully, they get to fixing that before the masses ride their bikes or it could make it a little treacherous.

Also, the addition to the Boardwalk is huge and the hardware store is expanding a little.
Go Bucks!!!

BuckNut

Post by BuckNut » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:36 pm

One other thing.

Does anybody know the name of the little outdoor bar that was at the end of the Jet Express dock and next to Dairy Queen?

I noticed it had a for sale sign on it.
Go Bucks!!!

WCM

Post by WCM » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:49 pm

Hey BuckNut...I was in The Brewery for most of Saturday...maybe we ran into each other. I also popped into Tipper's and The Skyway for a bit...

The ferry ride was great...I've never seen it like that before. I posted this on another thread but it seemed to have been over taken by the smoking discussion...but I took some pictures of the fog/ice from the boat. Here's a link:

http://photos.yahoo.com/teets43456

BuckNut

Post by BuckNut » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:06 am

I was in the Brewery just after the OSU game on Sat night. I was with a party of six and we got some pizza. There were some people just behind us playing shuffleboard. Was that you?

I also went into Skyway bewteen 2 and 3 pm on Sun.

I noticed from your pictures you made it the Glendale for the butt whoopin'. I have only missed one OSU home football game in the last 7 years and have gone to countless away games, but couldn't make it to AZ.
Go Bucks!!!

Bullette

Post by Bullette » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:44 am

Those are awesome pics... are those your dogs?

BuckNut

Post by BuckNut » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:32 pm

WCM,

I was in the Brewery sat night just after the OSU game. I was with a party of 6 eating pizza. There were some people behind us playing shuffleboard. Was that you?

Those are some sweet pics.
Go Bucks!!!

WCM

Post by WCM » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:36 pm

Thanks - it was a really cool ferry trip...

Yes - the brown dog (Jack Russell mutt) is my dog, Dailey. The black pug is my girlfriend's dog, Buster. They love the Island too (they always run around and go nuts when we first get there) but I think they're a little sketchy about the ferry...

Bullette

Post by Bullette » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:44 am

Jeez.. If I could bring my dog, I woudln't ever have a problem going up there!

WCM

Post by WCM » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:53 pm

Yup - that was us!

veeder21

Post by veeder21 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:44 am

I also went into Skyway bewteen 2 and 3 pm on Sun.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BuckNut - Where the hell was I when you went to Skyway??

Mister Kay

Post by Mister Kay » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:49 am

Unfortunatly I don't think any hotels are going to want to have dogs there, although I did see one at the pool bar we can mention about 2-3 years ago. It was on a SUnday so that pool was dirty already, but the dog jsut killed it. THey finally kicked the dog out.