Miss me?

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

Kelly G

Miss me?

Post by Kelly G » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:47 pm

Hey Gang!!!
Sorry I haven't posted a trip report for OVER a month ago....lol
I seriously haven't been on here since the end of August.
I just got done catching up with all the posts, sounds like everyone was having fun!
Oh my Gosh! our Sept trip was a blast! (like there was any doubt it wouldn't be!!!)
We spent most of our time Friday going between Ed's, Frosty's and the Roundhouse. Watched the SPEDS... then later in the evening, we were at the Boathouse dancing away with Disco Inferno.... they are too funny!
Saturday was the Parade and we again, were all over testing to make sure the drinks were flowing properly at selected bars...lol (all is well...lol) Kelly hopped on a golf cart with a bunch of boyscouts, so of course, Toni and I had to get on with her so we didn't lose her.... OMG, that was HYSTERICAL!
Then, later on, after dinner... We had no idea there was a BIG game on. (BTW, Happy Belated B-Day Mobay!) We walk in to Mr. Ed's... All you could see was RED... Everyone, I mean, EVERYONE (except for us....lol) was wearing red! We were like... ok, what's going on??? Every TV was on the same channel... some guy gave me an entire thing of beads... (the tag holding them all together was still on...lol) That had a little funny in itself.... Kelly says to me.... "hey, how come you got so many beads? I only got a few????" .... I then reply, (Standing straighter...lol) "Do I REALLY have to explain....lol " and then Toni says.... "I only got 2. " I looked at her and said.... "Again, do I have to say anymore????" OK, so then... we get how everyone is all about the college game about to start, (in IL, college ball isn't as big... but that's ok) so... everyone starts to BOOOO, and Toni asks me, why is everyone doing that??? I looked up at the TV and said to her, probably because Texas just took the field. Then she says... "Oh, that's not very nice! "(little pause)... then she says (not really loud... but not quiet either) "Come On... give me a "T".... I'm like ...OMG, shut up...what are you doing????
We were laughing so hard after that. Then there was the "farter" in the bar... OMG, he could clear the room! So that was something else we were laughing so hard about. Security was over by him later, and Toni said, ut oh, wonder what happened.... then the whole funny about him getting kicked out for farting.... I was laughing so hard that I thought I was going to throw up. Then, at some point, Texas scored a touchdown, and the whole bar was not happy, I think they played the A$$hole song, I can't remember, because all I can remember from that point is Toni asking... now what's going on? and I told her they scored, and then she perks up and starts... ALRIGHT!!! Give me a Capital "T".... I never laughed so hard, and I thought we were gonna get the crap kicked out of us.
I know that these are the funnies that are most likely only funny to us... but we, once again, had such a GREAT time!!! I wanted to come back one more time, but it doesn't look like we can. I can... but neither one of the other two can, and I don't want to go by myself. (although I have tossed the idea around, but I can't see me doing it.)
I wish I could tell you more stuff about the weekend, but this is getting way too long and I need to get off of here and do some laundry (oh, yippie!!!) lol
I hope everyone is doing GREAT!!!!
ENJOY!!!!!
Kelly
ALCOHOL :
Some of the Best Times
You'll Never REMEMBER!!!!!

kindy52

Post by kindy52 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:41 am

Sounded like a fun trip!

I've never been kicked out of a bar for that!
Hide the Rum!

Mills

Post by Mills » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:01 am

Watching an OSU game on the island sounds like a blast!! :lol: Except for Freddy farts a lot :evil:
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

dockrocker

Post by dockrocker » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:22 pm

That's classic...Every time we go to pib we try to wear our michigan hats especially if michigan is playing ohio, we always get some kind of interesting reaction the funniest was probably when someone asked my friend "who $hit on your head", it's all in good fun though.

I haven't made it out there very much this year either we probably only went 4 or 5 times usually i'm out there twice as much, there was just too much going on, oh well, I'm going to try to make it out there for halloween unless everyone backs out on me or the weather doesn't cooperate. Have any of you guys been there for halloween?

Kelly G

Post by Kelly G » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:51 pm

Yes, we've been there once for Halloween, about 2 maybe 3 years ago... I'm not sure, time is just flying by so fast!!! But it was A LOT of FUN!! some of the costumes are just a riot! We were going to go up this year for Halloween, but my daughter has a cheer competition that weekend, so then we were going to go the weekend before, but that didn't work out for one of the other girls, so then, we were going to go this weekend, but as you can see, I'm sitting here at home typing this, so obviously, this weeknd wasn't working out for the other friend. So now, we wait until next summer. AND, probably not until July... oh man, I am so bummed right now!!! :cry:
ALCOHOL :
Some of the Best Times
You'll Never REMEMBER!!!!!

Taz

Post by Taz » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:08 pm

I'll be in Key West again this year for Halloween, so you guys enjoy!
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

WCM

Post by WCM » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:14 pm

dockrocker wrote:That's classic...Every time we go to pib we try to wear our michigan hats especially if michigan is playing ohio

When are Michigan and Ohio (St.) playing in the summer, when school is out?

Mills

Post by Mills » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:01 pm

Football season does not begin until September when school is just starting again. But they always play the last game of the season vs each other in late November.
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

funboy2121

xxx

Post by funboy2121 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:45 pm

Could Be College Basketball too!
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

WCM

Post by WCM » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:06 am

I know - and the basketball games are either in Jan or Feb...hence it made me wonder...

Mills

Post by Mills » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:16 am

OK, now I get it, you were asking why they were wearing their Michigan and OSU hats in the summer. :lol: Good point!

I root for OSU, but don't quite get in the rivalry like a lot of people do!
Mills, from Cincinnati