Sat June 24

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

CabinGirl

Sat June 24

Post by CabinGirl » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:17 pm

OK, made a last minute trip to the Bay on Sat and it was awesome!

First off...important newsflash...we learned on Sat that a big chunk fell off the monument on Thursday night and they now have it closed! Could be closed all summer while they see what’s happening. I heard that the chunk was around 500 lbs and you could see where it came off of the monument from the ground. They have it fenced off all the way around. You guys who haven’t been up yet (my posse & Mills for example!) should have gone up in it when you had the chance haha!

Ok, onto my only slightly less important news...there were so many people there this weekend it seemed like xmas in July! OK, maybe not THAT busy but it was close. We tried to get a buoy to stay the night on the boat but they were all taken. SO we then asked the dock master at Boardwalk where we could dock for the day at least. He very helpfully directed us to Ladds and Fox's and the State Docks. We went to Fox and they were all booked so we then tried Ladd’s and got the last spot available! It was on the north wall so it was a little ify whether we’d trust the boat there but the dock masters were the BEST and rigged the fenders perfectly so the boat wouldn’t be damaged. So we got on the island and went to a place to get a golf cart and they were all out! We went next door and thankfully they had one available. Every place looked like it was rocking and they were packed! Gazebo, Boathouse, Eds, and that shop along the sidewalk with the funky hats :D were especially busy. Guys were loving the Capt Morgan girls! We got the cart and went to the winery and had some wine that was of course great. It was also packed there. I did not notice the guy ratio being more than the girl…but I’m of course looking at the guys so I was happy! We went to chicken patio and had an awesome dinner and that was about it. We went back to our marina around Marblehead later that evening. The weather was PERFECT both Sat and Sun!

Taz – did you end up going to the Rib/Browns party? We went by quickly. Looked like fun!

Can't wait to go again! Hope it's SOON

kindy52

Post by kindy52 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:30 pm

Good Report! Hope it kicks ass July 15th weekend. That'll be our next trip. We got room, now, Taz, Let me know!

Out. 8)
Hide the Rum!

mgw

Post by mgw » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:35 am

So Kindy, are you not coming up for Xmas now? What happened to that?

Mills

Post by Mills » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:48 am

Nice trip report Cabingirl!! It looks like I may never get up in the monument LOL!!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Taz

Post by Taz » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:58 pm

This is how my weekend went, came up on Saturday met up with the walkers at Mr Eds pool. Hung out there for a bit then went over to $plash, but it was packed so we went to the I$$LANDER pool and hung there for a while. Ran into some old friends, spent time at Mr Eds, Frostys, then over to the boathouse to see PIB Patty. Luv that girl! She got me hammered, again! I can't remember where we went after that, too many shots! :oops: Got up the next morning, big hangover, went back to the pools made friends with a couple of girls and ended up drinking with them all day, and passed out at the pool. Woke up around seven thirty, caught the nine O'clock jet back to Port Clinton but was too hammered to drive home so I slept in my car in the Jet parking lot until about 7am this morning. Does that make me bad? Then drove home and slept until 1PM. Man I'm getting too old for this crap! Maybe not..
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Mills

Post by Mills » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:25 pm

Now that is what I call a good trip report Taz!!! That is awesome you slept in your car b/c you were too hammered! Good call on not driving if you were that bad!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

kindy52

Post by kindy52 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:51 pm

xmas just happens to fall on the weekend before football (I coach 7th & 8th graders), So we have to do alot to prepare that weekend. As it stands, my brother (the head coach) will probably move to Chicago this Winter so I should never miss another xmas in July. We're going the 15th of July and the 5th of August. :roll:
Hide the Rum!

Taz

Post by Taz » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:43 am

Mills, I was almost as bad as katie was, minus the projectile vomiting!

funboy2121

xxx

Post by funboy2121 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:14 am

Where in Chicago Kindy?
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

Mills

Post by Mills » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:07 pm

Nobody can projectile vomit like Katie :?
Mills, from Cincinnati

mkgg

Post by mkgg » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:55 pm

Hey guys,

Kindy, we are going to miss you at the pool bar for xmas!!! Mills and Taz, you guys need to come over to the pool bar and party with our group of girls! Can't wait to get to the bay!!

Missy

Mills

Post by Mills » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:21 pm

You know we will be ready to party Missy 8)
Mills, from Cincinnati

kindy52

Post by kindy52 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:43 pm

Don't know where in chi town. I'll find out.
Hide the Rum!

Taz

Post by Taz » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:21 pm

Don't worry Missy, we'll be ready!

Angela Delligatti

June 24th, my birthday...

Post by Angela Delligatti » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:35 am

We started off at Mr. Ed's pool, pretty uneventful..Went to Splash, all down hill from there. Several rum runners later, hooked up with poolboys at Roundhouse, Great Band, party ,party, party...Looking forward to Round II the end of the month... :twisted: :twisted: