Reporting in for Sept 9th weekend!

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

Kelly G

Reporting in for Sept 9th weekend!

Post by Kelly G » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:30 am

Hey Gang!!!

Sorry it has taken me so long, but there was no way Monday I could have made a report. And yesterday, I was too busy. So, let's see what I can recall to report....
Thursday evening, before we left, I had to go bowling (first night, needed to set an average...can't wait to see it...lol) Then of course after we were done, we HAD to go to the bar and rub it in to everyone that we were leaving in a few hours for the Bay. So, after a few drinks and a couple of shots... off we went to my friends to get a couple hours of sleep before driving. Well, the driver got about an hour and 45min. (we stayed a little longer at the bar than we planned...lol) So 2:30 AM and we were off! I'm not sure what time we got to the ferry, but we made pretty good time, got our 32oz beverage for the ferry ride... made it up that hill! Got to the Commodore, put our bags in the room and off to the bars! I guess we picked a slower weekend, but that was OK, it still was fun! I know we went to Frosty's and Mr. Ed's... we went to see who was playing this weekend at the BB, but that was the last time we went in there....lol then we took a walk to the boardwalk, had a drink there.... then to the web cam (sorry I didn't call.... I had the wrong # :oops: ) We went to the Roundhouse and enjoyed a very good band, SPED. I don't think they will forget us....LMAO (big hands...big hands....lol) We actually spent alot of time at the Roundhouse this trip. After bar hopping around all day (no nap!) we showered and went to Mossback for dinner... (the other Kelly didn't make it past her first bite of food... she HAD to go back to the room and sleep for about an hour) which is OK, we let her and went to a couple of bars and came back to get her, and she was refreshed and good to go! Then it was back to the Roundhouse. There seemed to be alot of bachelor parties this past weekend (suckers!!!) Usually, all you see are the bachelorettes... not sure where they were????
Saturday morning, off to Frosty's for breakfast... I ate too...lol The bloodymary's were really spicy so I could only down 1. We bar hopped around again all day... there was a parade, that was fun! Rented a golf cart for a couple of hours, went to the tiki bar at Mr Ed's... watched our neighbor boys play football (one crashed into the dumpster... ouchie!!!) Found out that you can get arrested for pee'ing in an alley...(wasn't me) lol .... but good to know!!! Then it was time to shower and get ready for the evening once again... I hate how fast time goes by!!!!
Saturday night was CRAZY with all of the college football fans!!! (day too)but by night time, they all had more to drink by then, so they were ROWDY!!! I've heard that you Ohio people take football seriously.... but WOW!!!!! You even have high school football on the news!!! But it was fun to see everyone so into it. We went to the Roundhouse for a little bit, and then Frosty's, but then spent most of the evening at Mr. Ed's. The DJ was really playing some good songs! I never made it upstairs (I'm not sure I would have made it...lol) I did however, finally get some sleep Saturday night... I think about 3 hours.... then it was time to pack up and get home :cry:
That's about it... other than a few of the 'funnies' that, as you know, aren't funny to anyone else, unless they were there. Like my cell phone... I couldn't find it before leaving the room saturday night, so I had my GF call me so we could listen for the ring... I was going through my suitcase... tearing up the bed... she kept calling it back, she was looking too.... then all of the sudden, my leg started to vibrate... it was in my leg pocket the whole time... we were just dieing... but no one else gets it. then to top it off, there was a voice message, and all you can hear is... I hear it, WTF... look here, is it over here...then, OMG!!! followed by laughing.

We had so much fun, and wish we could come back again this weekend, or even some other weekend. Not sure if we could really pull it off, but ya never know.... we did last year...lol
I better get this report off...
Happy WEDNESDAY gang!!!
Hope you're having a GREAT day!!!
ENJOY!!!
Kelly :)

Taz

Post by Taz » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:14 pm

Great report Kelly sorry I missed you guys. Maybe next time. Wish I could've been there!
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Mills

Post by Mills » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:23 pm

Kelly,

It sounds like you had a blast, but I am not surprised!! I was wondering where my phone call was???? Oh well I will forgive you this time LOL!!

Oh yea football is huge in Ohio!! Especially the Buckeyes and high school does get more news than some pro teams in Cincy!! I just hope there were not any Texas fans there otherwise they may have been in for a rude awakening LOL!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Kelly G

Post by Kelly G » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:07 pm

Hey Mills... it's funny you should say that about the Texas fans! We were walking back from the Roundhouse and going to Frosty's, they had this big huge TV screen that you could see from the street and inside the bar, so there were people standing on the side walk watching the game. I know that none of you know this, but our first time hearing the sloopy song and doing the O H I O, well, lets just say, we brought it home with us. Anyway, there were tons of people doing that all day and night, but there was this one girl who was really pretty funny... she stops everyone from doing the OHIO and starts doing... T E X.... then points to her butt and says 'a$$'... we were laughing so hard. The true fans weren't though. I don't think anyone would stand around long enough for us to spell out our state....lol So now we have another one to show.. but no song to go with it...lol
Well, speaking of football... gotta get my kid to his game.
Talk to you later
Kelly :)
Taz... it would have been nice to see you too.... maybe on our 3rd trip..lol If I say it enough, it just might happen...lol

Taz

Post by Taz » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:12 pm

Keep saying it then, I'm due for a trip! I'd like to get up there one or two more times this year! The only weekend I can't go for sure is Halloween.

Kelly G

Post by Kelly G » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:52 am

Taz wrote:Keep saying it then, I'm due for a trip! I'd like to get up there one or two more times this year! The only weekend I can't go for sure is Halloween.

That's funny! Toni keeps talking about trying for Halloween.

Mister Kay

Post by Mister Kay » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:03 pm

I was going for Texas.

OSU went down!!!!! :D

Hey, I am going to PIB for the MSU v OSU game, I'll start a post later about it, but it's also customer appreciation weekend.

Kelly G

Post by Kelly G » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:30 pm

Kelly G wrote:
Taz wrote:Keep saying it then, I'm due for a trip! I'd like to get up there one or two more times this year! The only weekend I can't go for sure is Halloween.

That's funny! Toni keeps talking about trying for Halloween.

OMG!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :shock: I thought you said, CAN...

it figures!!!!!!!!

Taz

Post by Taz » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:27 pm

I'll be in Key West for Halloween.

Kelly G

Post by Kelly G » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:11 pm

Well that sounds like a good time too!
We actually couldn't make it for Halloween either if we could. Our girls have a cheerleading competition that weekend. So now we are joking about the weekend before. Isn't that the weekend of the wake? Last year when just Kelly and I went in Oct. it was the wake weekend, it wasn't really crowded, but it sure was fun!
I'm all bummed today :( This time last week, I was at the Bay... I miss home!!! lol