AUG 26th weekend

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

Kelly G

AUG 26th weekend

Post by Kelly G » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:03 am

Where are the trip reports for that weekend?
Anyone else curious as to why we haven't heard anything from VIRGIN DINO? lol :?
What about everyone else that was there? Is everyone under a secret code of silence?
:shock:

Taz

Post by Taz » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:50 pm

The info is coming out a little slow this time?
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

MIDNIGHT

CHEER MOM WEEK-END

Post by MIDNIGHT » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:24 pm

THE CRAZY CHEER MOM'S WERE UP THERE THAT WEEK-END - WHAT A BLAST......WHO IS VIRGIN DINO? FIRST TIME PIB'ER! I AM SURE THAT HE HAD SOME FUN! :lol:

crbdrm

Post by crbdrm » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:00 pm

My trip report just came through under Labor Day Weekend.

CabinGirl

Post by CabinGirl » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:14 am

Who are the cheer moms??

MIDNIGHT

Post by MIDNIGHT » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:58 am

WE ARE A BUNCH OF MOM'S FROM THE CLEVELAND AREA THAT HAVE KIDS THAT ARE ALL STAR CHEERLEADERS (ESPN KIND OF STUFF), WE HAVE FORMED A GREAT BIG FAMILY OF FRIENDS AND TRY AND DO THINGS TOGETHER ALL THE TIME. FOR SOME OF US - IT WAS A FIRST TIME VISIT! ALL HAD A GREAT TIME!

DINO

Post by DINO » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:26 pm

I survived! Although my liver is still a little swollen, I don't think the transplant will be necessary, CabinGirl. Before I got to the island, I thought I knew the place inside and out just from everybody’s posts. Little did I realize the shear volume of beer/booze that would pass my gullet. In short, it was more fun than I imagined and a good report came back with me to So Cal. And we didn't even hit all the spots we planned on. Just give me the PIB Resort pool, a few bucks, Ashley pouring the drinks/opening the beers and Chuck force feeding me food when it looks like I might need it, and I'm fine. The Roundhouse had an awesome band playing on Sunday night, but I was too loaded from an 11 hour stint at the pool bar to notice the name of the band. You're all right on the money about the Beer Barrel. We went in there early on Saturday and we were the only people in there besides the 5 wanna-be's at the front door and the 15 or so people behind the bar. They certainly don't act like my cash was important to them. Mr. Ed’s was top notch as well as the other 8-10 bars we forced ourselves into. We managed to host a bachelorette party since we had a big room and 10 of them shared 2 rooms. And ahhhhh yes....the CHEER MOMS. I only met a couple of them, and for the short time we spent with them was a interesting to say the least. And yes MIDNIGHT, I did have a good time. :D There was a lot more to the weekend then I can put here, but it was definitely a great time. Everyone we met (except for one nut-ball stalker in a bachelor party at the PIB Resort) was great! Next time I'll have to check out the docks though. It just seemed like we were too busy drinkin' at bars to make that looooong walk. Thanks for all the info to all Bay-Talkers!
No Longer a PIB Virgin

Taz

Post by Taz » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:10 pm

Great trip report Dino! Sorry I missed it! Sounds like you guys had a great time!
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

CabinGirl

Post by CabinGirl » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:36 am

Good to hear you're still functioning Dino! You'll be all set for another trip next year eh?
Hmm, more stories that you can't share publicly on here eh?? Must have been a good trip! Thanks for the report :D

DINO

Post by DINO » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:53 am

You bet your bottom dollar we had a good time, Taz! The only thing that kind of threw me off was the attitude of a LOT of tenders in some of the bars. I've been to a few other party destinations around the country and I've never come across the scale of bad or grumpy service to the scale of which I encountered. I mentioned the Beer Barrel, which was bar far the worst. But there were a number of other bars, which I'll keep un-named, that had staff who seemed not to be interested in making a good impression. But, I guess that when the island is pretty much sold out the entire summer and the bars are making cash hand over fist, impressions takes a hit. Not to worry though, it's not going to keep me from coming back to this little gem of a party destination. The places I DID find great, friendly service was the PIB Resort pool bar, Frosty's (including the late night staff at the pizza joint!), the big place with all the decks on the water (I can't remember the name), Pasquale's for breakfast (I think the waitress was trying to get us drunk...and succeeded) and the Boat House. We spent some time in Mr Ed's and liked it, but way too busy for the bar tenders to be personable. Anyway, there's my $.02. Yes, CabinGirl, we’ll be heading out there next year. Probably around the same time or maybe New Years. And as far as sharing stories here, I just thought you wouldn’t want to hear about the charity bake sale, the hop-scotch tournament and the “Save the Bark Beetle” convention we attended while on the island. :wink: Have a great day!
No Longer a PIB Virgin

Mills

Post by Mills » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:03 pm

The bar with the decks was the Boardwalk
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Kelly G

Post by Kelly G » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:28 pm

DINO wrote: And as far as sharing stories here, I just thought you wouldn’t want to hear about the charity bake sale, the hop-scotch tournament and the “Save the Bark Beetle” convention we attended while on the island. :wink: Have a great day!

oooooo..... I wanna hear how the bark beetle convention went!!! And who took 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the hop-scotch tournie????
LMAO!!!
you are too much! I'm happy to hear that it was everything we told you it was.... and hopefully even more!!! :wink: