August 4-7

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

Mills

August 4-7

Post by Mills » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:11 pm

We arrived Thursday and caught the 12:30 Miller Ferry and celebrated "Crack Open" which is the first beer of the weekend approx 12:33! Checked in the hotel and decided we would hit the Is-lander pool since Ed's tiki was pretty dead. Once at the pool it was a little overcast and drizzled, but quickly became sunny and met some cool little kids who wanted to play football in the pool until Cronin (or otherwise known as Corona) rippped the football in half ending the kids fun or rather us big kids fun LOL!! After this it was time for dinner at good old Frosty's for some over-rated pizza and beer! We stayed here until the bartenders decided they would no longer serve us b/c we were apparently too drunk LOL!! So it was back to our home away from home Mr. Ed's. Around midnight I along with 4 old friends from Columbus went back to the room and ordered $53 worth of pizza from Cameo and called it a night!

Friday morning I received a wake up call from Big Dan from the board who called me from the hospital in Vegas. Unfortunately, Big Dan was in a car accident and broke his femur and is in traction. Don't worry he is going to make a full recovery and I toasted to him several times during the course of the day!! After finishing off the rest of the pizza for breakfast/lunch we headed to Jody's boat on C dock to soak in the rays and drink! We headed back to the pool around 3:00 and DJ Jeff was in full effect at Mr. Ed's tiki! Great times doing flips and cannon balls in the pool! At 5:45 I realized we had a Baychat board member meeting and ran to the room and got ready and arrived about 6:05, however nobody showed up. I did run into Kingpin at Ed's and bought him a drink and had a little talk. Around 8:00 or 8:30 I ran into mgw and partied with her and her friends for a while. I then conducted my now famous vanishing act around 11:30 or so :? On the way to the Brewery we decided to stop and eat the $3 hot dogs instead and called it a night :P

Woke up Saturday and went straight to the pool since the weather was beautiful! Also played about 10 games of cornhole (bean bag game) with my friends as well as some NY firefighters who were really nice! Jeff the pool DJ played again and had a great time as usual! Went to the Is-lander pool around 3:00 and was reminded why we try and not frequent that hotel/pool! My buddy V ordered 2 beers which was $10 :x and laid a $10 bill on the counter and walked away. The chick bartender yelled for him to pay, so he went back and told her he laid the money down already. These two went back and forth for a while and he basically said I am not paying twice! The bouncer came over and this continued till another friend said "here is $20, just shut up"! The bouncer came back with the $10 change then V went back to talk to the bartender and she gave him $10 change as well so it all ended up good till she realized what happened and kicked us out :twisted: Oh well it was back to Ed's tiki bar and stayed at the pool till 7:00ish with no problems as usual then went to get ready for the night. First went with my Columbus friends to meet their other friend at the Jet at 8:30 and headed straight for the Fishbowl for some drinking and a lot of singing! Walked into the bar to "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond and knew it was going to be an interesting night :lol: After a few rounds of shotgunning 16 oz beers we decided it was time to head back to Ed's. After blowing a .265 on the breathalizer I once again ran into mgw and said I would be right over to the dance floor. However, this did not happen as it was time for Mills to cash out on the weekend and took a little nap on the stairs going up to the hotel until 2 friends found me and took me to the room :?
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

pureamy

Post by pureamy » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:45 pm

I'm exausted just from reading that.........but its all good!! Were you feeling a little fuzzy on the way home?

Mills

Post by Mills » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:10 am

Oh yea I was fuzzy all day Sunday!! Luckily my buddy Corona drove home!!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

cheergirl99

Post by cheergirl99 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:50 am

I was glad to meet mgw. She is so nice!

I have to admit that this wasn't my favorite trip. My boating buddies, Don, Paul, Stu, and Cory weren't there. Just wasn't the same. Plus, Mr. Ed's wasn't playing the usual music that I like. They had a good live band, but I like hip hop music better so I was disappointed...

Not sure if I am coming up to the bay again this year...
Amy from Cincinnati, 24 Years Old

funboy2121

x

Post by funboy2121 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:29 am

Good job Mills! You keep going to the Bay and telling us how the trip went,and make us feel like we were there too. I'm telling you though, we got to party next year because the way you and some of the rest of your buddies drink is right up my alley! I'm a little disappointed that you only blew a .265. Hey maybe it wasn't working right!
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

Mills

Post by Mills » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:39 am

funboy, you are right next year we will party for sure! Make sure to let me know when picking the weekends you will be there.

I was thinking the same thing about the breathalyzer myslef :o !!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

funboy2121

x

Post by funboy2121 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:59 am

I'll be sure to let you know! Hey did you ever try one of those drinks at Frosty's I was telling you about? Remember: Cruzin Rasberry Rum, Sky Vodka, and lemonade! Awsome! It does not have a name though! I bought the stuff here in Chicago for a party and called them FUNBOY FROSTYS. They were a big hit, but some of the girls wanted to kill me because they felt terrible the next day. YOU GOTTA LOVE IT WHEN YOU CAN'T TASTE IT, BUT IT'S DOING THE JOB!
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

Mills

Post by Mills » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:16 pm

You know what I went out that week and bought Sky vodka, and the raspberry rum too and have been drinking them every weekend myself! I call the drink "Mills lemonade"!!! They get you very drunk and fast! I actually drank 3 last night before heading to the bar. Great minds think alike!
Mills, from Cincinnati

funboy2121

x

Post by funboy2121 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:25 pm

Hey they didn't name it so here's a Funboy Frosty for you in Chicago ,and a Mills Lemonade in Cincy.I'll drink to that!
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

Mills

Post by Mills » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:31 pm

I will also drink to that funboy! OLAY, OLAY, OLAY, OLAY, OLAY..... HEY CHEERS B*TCH!!! I love that toast!!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

mkgg

Post by mkgg » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:36 am

Great report Mills!!! Too bad I missed it!! Mgw and I are great friends and I couldn't make it up that weekend. Although she told me all about what a great guy you are and what a great time she had with you guys!! Can I get the drink recipe? Sounds awesome!!!

Thanks,
Missy