June 24-26th - You know it's been a great weekend when...

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

Taz

Post by Taz » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:24 pm

Missy, definitely try and get up there that first weekend in August!
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

mkgg

Post by mkgg » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:14 pm

Hey Taz,

I am going to really try....just gota work a few things out. I hope to make it up to party with you and everyone else again!

Missy

Taz

Post by Taz » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:17 am

Great!

Kelly G

Post by Kelly G » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:19 am

Hey guys!
Yes, I'm alive and made it back (not that I wanted to leave...never do!)

OH WHAT FUN! Every time we go, we have so much to laugh about for months! We left IL about 2:30AM Thursday (I might need to mention that I had been awake since 7AM Wed).
We got on the ferry about 10:30am with our 32oz beverage, this is our little ritual, the thing is, it has to be gone before we hit the island....never a problem for me, except for this time. We started up a conversation with a very nice lady that was sitting by us, and Kelly and I are just sipping here and there, then I looked up and could see land (REAL CLOSE!) I gave Kelly a nudge, we both got wide eyed and said...GO! Yet again, not a problem for me... the problem I had was the long a$$ walk up that hill carring a cooler, my suitcase, my purse- which also could be classified as a suitcase... and my pillow. Oh My God, I thought I was gonna puke!

Although I am very grateful that its all down hill on the way home. Otherwise, I don't think I would be leaving the island...lol

So of course, because it is so early, our room wasn't ready... but that was ok, cuz they let us keep our stuff in there office. SO, off to Frosty's we go. Had a bloody mary.. then off to the boathouse, had a couple there... went to the web cam, called Mills and had our 15 minutes of fame....lol then back to frosty's, went back to check into our room, drop off everything, then off to get something to eat. The girls wanted to go to Frosty's for pizza, but I told them how so many of you rave about the Brewery's pizza, so we headed there. It was good, from what I can remember. (by this time, I had been up for 31-32 hours... I'm lucky that I'm recalling any of this...lol) then it was off to Mr. Ed's (really cool by the way!) then back to the room for a little nap...lol About 2-3 hours later, back out to Mr. Eds then to Frostys, and I'm not really sure if we went anywhere else...lol I know we had to head back WAY earlier than we ever have, some one was DONE... wasn't me!

Friday morning, all refreshed, since that was probably the most sleep I have ever had in one night at the Bay, off to Frosty's for some breakfast and of course bloody mary's. There's a little lapse of time here, but I know we ended up at the Tiki pool. That place is such a blast! Some one brought one of those water balls and it was getting tossed everywhere. Kelly even joined in with the keep away. If there was ever a time for a video camera, that was it! The vision of her jumping from the side and actually catching it, that image will stay with me forever! and then the other is watching the ball hit Toni SMACK in the forehead... I thought I was gonna fall off the side and drown.

Then later we hung out at Frosty's where this guy who was right behind me fell, hit his head on the table then 'THUD' to the floor, I'm not sure what happened but by the time the police got in, they had him up and helping him out the door. It was really hot that day, I think someone said it had hit 98 that day. Then off to Mr. Ed's, then made a trip to the Skyway. It certainly wasn't crowded, I'm sure that's because Mr Eds stays open much later now.

So Saturday, after breakfast (this I find a must....lol along with a bloody mary of course) we rented a golf cart, went back to the Skyway to have a drink, went to the IslandClub to find #98... we found it, but BOY was it quiet! I'm pretty sure it was to early for them, things looked like they really had fun the night before, so we didn't stop. We thought that we might try to make it back a little later, but never happened. Sorry Erik, maybe next time! So...pool time! Lots more people there Sat. And I thought there was lots there on friday! Oh What Fun! But by the time I was near drowning from either being pulled in or re-dunked, and then the 'having some one thrown on my head' it was time for me to get out. I don't know about the rest of you, but after all that alcohol 3 days straight, I can't swim very well...lol

After getting ready to go out and having some dinner (time really flies) we headed up to Mr Eds again, met Taz (thanks for the shot!) -and the twins say hello back! Then Taz intruduced me to mgw and mkgg and their friends, which it was nice to meet you, I really must apologize to all of you at this point, cuz I was so gone...lol Hey Taz.... did you ever find the quarter? lol :?

I kinda left out that we did make a few appearances in the BB (sorry Mobay and Jager-aka-humper....lol) Hey, that reminds me, I didn't see you there humper, aren't you always there? But, we ONLY went because the Menus were there.

Anyways.... that just about sums it up... I know that I only had a couple funnies to share, but they are the kind that aren't funny to anyone else when you have to explain, but I know ALL of you know what I'm talking about.........RIGHT???!!??

We are now planning for Sept. yes, I said Sept.... It's sad that it's SO far away, but that's what we thought about this past weekend, when we booked that in I think Oct! Time is flying! I mean look, can you believe that it is already JULY??? June <poof> YIKES!

I was trying to go for a longer post than the one about "training" which, by the way, is SO funny! I kinda felt like I was there for the whole thing! and I miss them....lol
OK, I'm going!
Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!!
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!
Kelly :)

mkgg

Post by mkgg » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:55 am

Hey Kelly,

Wow, sounds like you had a great time!!!! It was nice meeting you at Mr. Ed's. Dawn, Mindy, Jenny and I had so much fun, we also had alot of moments "you just had to be there" to understand! Glad you a great time and thanks for the report :)

Missy

Taz

Post by Taz » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:48 pm

Nicely done Kelly, hope to see all three of you guys again real soon.