June 3-5

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

Baywatch

June 3-5

Post by Baywatch » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:55 pm

It's Tuesday, where are the posts of this past weekend? Since I can't be there, I look forward to seeing what crazy things went on. It was beautiful, so I'm sure something had to happen :lol: Right now this is my only link until I can get there in July. Everyone still hungover? :lol:
Baywatch

"I drank to drown my pain, but the damned pain learned how to swim, and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good behavior."

CabinGirl

Post by CabinGirl » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:24 pm

Ok, here is the report you’ve all been waiting for (sorry I slacked!)

It was awesome to get back to the Bay this past weekend! And this was my first bachelorette party there and it definitely met all expectations. Everything looked great and the updates are definitely nice too! The weather couldn’t have been better.

Friday night we went to Boathouse and then to Mr Eds. The Boathouse looked great. There are some great life-size pirates that are fun to pose by if you like that kinda thing...which my friends do 8) The band was really loud so we grabbed a table outside. We had some yummy appetizers and our server was really cool. She was having a rough night but was still very good to us. Then it was off to Mr Ed’s which was great as usual...no worries about missing the old place. The $5 cover didn’t stop us but I liked it better when it was free…maybe I’m just cheap. :wink: The band was ok…I’d rather just hear dance music though when I’m in there. We met Scuba Steve and the rest of his bro’s bachelor party. They were awesome! They closed the roof that night so everyone was downstairs. It seemed really crowded to me…although I’ve heard from others that they thought it was dead…I guess we were just having fun in our group! But we did crash around 12:30…I know that’s early but our tolerance is quite up to where it should be!

Saturday morning we got our suits on and laid out at the state park for awhile. It was SO hot and perfect summer weather! It felt great. We walked down by the water on the rock beach for awhile until we saw two snakes swimming in the water. We quickly climbed back up the little cliff and looked back down towards the water and saw about five more snakes slithering around and hanging out on the rocks. It was good that we got out of there! I mean – I like snakes but not that close :wink: Then we cooked some dogs for lunch, got a great boat ride around the island, played a lot of Flip cup, and then got dinner at the Boardwalk…lobster bisque is even good in 80 degree weather!

Sat night we made it out to Frosty’s where we had some fun and my bachelorette did some body shots. It was cool in there but so bright. I didn't remember the lights being turned up that high. Don’t know what was up with that?? I saw pbosak, Stu, and Ron (Big Ron to be exact!) there. That was cool! We then quickly visited the Beer Barrel b/c we had some people who just wanted to be able to say they’ve been at the longest bar. We were in there maybe 10 mins and then left to go to Mr Eds. We got there around 11 or so and they told us that they were filled to capacity and they weren’t letting anyone in. It was strange and the bouncer wasn’t being too cool about it. There were also a ton of cops around. They really seem to be cracking down this year. I just wonder what will happen when a busy weekend hits. Then I think Tiny the bouncer mentioned that there was someone famous in there…never found out who though. After a little begging we eventually got in thanks to Tiny! He got a kiss from everyone :D Thanks again Tiny (if you read this)! When we got in there, it wasn’t very full! That was weird. We met a lot of people…especially from the Cols area which was cool. After some dancing it really got hot so we chilled outside for awhile. There was an ambulance that was there for someone who fainted…I think it was a Mr Ed’s employee. But I’m not sure about that. So it was almost time for the bars to close so we decided we wanted pizza. We walked towards the Brewery and then saw the sign for Cameos. It was right across the street and up stairs at the Blue Iguana so we decided to check it out. That’s a nice bar and it has a balcony so you can look over Catawba. That was some good pizza!

And that’s about it…the ride home was awful b/c my friend was sick the whole way but let’s not dwell on that :wink:

Hope I gave a good summary and you feel like you got a little taste of the Bay. Can’t wait to go back for Xmas in July! Just let me know if you have any questions about the weekend :D

Mills

Post by Mills » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:00 pm

Cabingirl,

That sounds like a good weekend and I am jealous I missed out! Why was the roof closed at Mr. Ed's?
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

CabinGirl

Post by CabinGirl » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:48 pm

Hey Mills,
You would have definitely had a good time this last weekend! But I'm sure you'll have lots of opportunities to have good times up there this year eh? How many times do you think you'll be there?

I'm not sure why they closed the roof Friday night. It was a little chilly and windy...maybe that's why??

Baywatch

Post by Baywatch » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:42 am

Thanks Cabingirl for the update. Sounds like you had a good time (hard to have a bad one at the Bay). I don't like snake period, in person or not. It's a good thing you got out of there when you did. Did you get a chance to hang out at the new pool?

Now I've got a mental picture of the Bay for the rest of the day. It would be a good day to be there.
Baywatch

"I drank to drown my pain, but the damned pain learned how to swim, and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good behavior."