Trip report 5-7/5-8

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

baylink

Trip report 5-7/5-8

Post by baylink » Mon May 23, 2005 2:17 pm

Got on the Miller Ferry 2:30 Sat. Checked in at our hotel and headed uptown. First stop was the window seat at the Fish Bowl the day was absolutely beautiful and if you have never done this it is a must do at the Bay, just sipping your beverage and watching everyone go by. Next stop was accross the road to the Boardwalk and the skybar, this has to be the best kept secret on the island as the view on a day like today is unbelievable. Amanda the bartender was great as were the libations she was making for us. Could have spent more time there but onward we went to our next stop Mr. Ed's this was about 5:30 and they were not charging a cover as the band was not playing inside yet, was very impressed with the looks of the new bar and there were people upstairs on the balcony but we didn't go up this time. After a couple we moved down to Frosty's for a mug of beer, from there we went to the roundhouse the Sped's were playing and the place was full, only had one there and moved on to the Boathouse, it does look great, while there we decided to eat, I had the Walleye and it was fantastic. Laura are waitress was very good also. After dinner we went back to the hotel for a short rest and then it was on to the Beer Barel for Wally & the Beavs, they were great as usual, stayed there for quite awhile then stopped in for one at Tipper's Darryl and Allie were playing there. The last stop of the night was at the Brewery and they finally chased us out of there about 2:40 AM. For some reason when I awoke Sunday I didn't feel much like drinking anything but coffee and pepsi, although my buddy did start out with a bloody mary. It was a beautiful weekend at the Bay and I hope for all of you going this weekend it is just as beautiful.

Taz

Post by Taz » Thu May 26, 2005 7:34 pm

Sounds like you had a good time.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!