Great Weekend at PIB

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

PIBCarl

Great Weekend at PIB

Postby PIBCarl » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Spent the weekend of August 6-8 on PIB with the misses. Stayed on the island at a great resort. Place was awesome!
Friday just kind of chilled and checked out the sites, tired from the long drive and crazy week. Saturday we had breakfast at Pasquales, hit the pool bar by 11am and just had a blast. Met some great folks from Cleveland and Columbus, including a couple of bachelorette parties. Stayed at the pool drinking WAY TOO LONG, hit the town for dinner and more drinking around 8pm. We ran into my wife's cousin and friends at the Gazebo for drinks then headed over to hear Mustang Sally, a great all-girl band. Spent the rest of the night having a drink at every bar on the island.
Needless to say, Sunday was the recovery day. Just rented a golf cart as usual, cruised around the island looking at the sites. Hit the winery, antique car parade, and enjoyed a more relaxed day on PIB.
Weather was unbelievable and we didnt want to come home on Monday. Already missing it and looking forward to next year's trip.
I did notice the new places and bars on the island and what also seemed to be an effort to make the bay more "family friendly." While that is okay with me, I hope it never loses its fun, party atmosphere on the weekends. Things were a blast, but it wast too crazy where folks were out of control.
The perfect island getaway :)
PIB Rocks!

Mills

Re: Great Weekend at PIB

Postby Mills » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:27 am

Sounds like you had another great weekend at the Bay although I am not surprised!! lol!! I don't think you need to worry about the island losing it's crazy fun adult atmosphere it will always be crazy!! I think since you went in late August a lot of people have done their summer vacations/trips to the Bay and usually slows down mid August. Maybe try going late June or any weekend in July next year? :D 8)
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

JodellandJon

Postby JodellandJon » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Great trip report! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! :) We will be going up the weekend of Sept. 10th and then our final trip of the year will be the Fall Ball! Can't wait, but also sad to see the season come to an end. :( Mills, when is the big day??? Isn't it coming up?
Married at the Bay in 2003!!!

Mills

Postby Mills » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:07 am

Yes the BIG DAY is October 2nd!!! I am looking forward to it and am not even nervous at least not yet LOL!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

JodellandJon

Postby JodellandJon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:59 am

Thats awesome! Did you have your bachelor party at the bay? You shouldn't be nervous.. the two of you have been together a long time. :)

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:53 am

My bachelor party was in Cincy I figured we go to the Bay enough and wanted all my friends to be there. The Bay would have been a blast, but it just was not in the cards. I am hoping we can make it up 1 more time this year before winter, but is going to be hard with wedding showers almost every weekend and just getting everything finalized and what not.
Mills, from Cincinnati

JodellandJon

Postby JodellandJon » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:00 am

I can understand that. It is quite a drive from your area. Cinci is always a good time too though. Hope you can make it back up one more time before the season is over. If not, maybe next year we will actually get to meet you and Katie and have a drink together!! LOL Best wishes for a beautiful wedding and fabulous life together! Cheers to both of you!! :)

PIBCarl

Postby PIBCarl » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:19 am

I second that, Mills! Kudos on the upcoming nuptials. Your trip reports and info on the bay are great and keep us folks here in Cincy chomping at the bit for our next trip to the bay!
Congrats to you and Katie...BTW, the bay is still a great place even when you are married :) Me and the wife have been heading to PIB each summer since we said I do!
PIB Rocks!

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:27 am

Thanks guys for the best wishes I apprecaite it!! Oh yes we definitely plan on still going to the Bay as we always have!! We all definitely need to all meet next year :D
Mills, from Cincinnati

Return to “Trip Reports!”