Halloween Oct 31st (MBI)

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

Mills

Halloween Oct 31st (MBI)

Postby Mills » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:49 pm

Katie and I left Cincinnati ar 5:00 a.m. on that Saturday and met up with Bryan at the Lowes in Port Clinton and followed each other the rest of the way to the Miller ferry. Caught the 9:15 ferry and we were on our way. The ride over was a little rough as it was really windy! Our first stop was the post office which on Middle Bass is actually a house that doubles as the island post office. I was wearing my Cincinnati Bengals hooded sweatshirt and snow hat, and as soon as I step out of the truck the dog that lives at the house tears off toward me barking :shock: So I stood still and hend my hand out in a calm manner, luckily the dog calmed down and sniffed me and was fine even though his fur was still standing up. As I am walking into the house I spot the reason the dog did not take too kindly to me, the house had a Pittsburgh Steelers flag hanging and he apparently does not like any teams with the color orange!! Watch out Browns fans :shock: Next stop was the general store for some ice as we needed to make drinks at the house! I have to say guys that walking into Bryan's house was quite a shock as the hardwood floor, almost finished kitchen, doors, and tiled bathroom looked AMAZING, he has done quite a great job! Anyone looking for a house finisher just give Bryan a call as he is for hire LOL!! After checking out the house and catching up it was time for some adult beverages. We started the drinking marathon at 11:00 a.m. and the day was off! Next Bryan and I unloaded some material for the tile countertops and his brand new toy a barely used 4 wheeler! I can already see some good times on that machine next spring/summer :) In the late afternoon we decided to take a little siesta and woke up to fresh hamburgers from the grill that Bryan's wife Jennifer had grilled :D

Next we all got dressed for the main attraction the Halloween party at JF Walleyes! Ironically both Katie and Jennifer had decided to dress as Octomom (the lady with 8 babies) and both were a total hit! Bryan went as an Amish man and I a doctor that delivered the babies. We arrived at Walleyes around 9:00 and the party was hopping. I have to add that Jennifer had decided to drink the entire bottle of Captain Morgan I brought her and she was well on her way when we arrived :lol: I have to say there were some good costumes at the party including a couple dressed as Swine Flu (most original award), Elvis, a lady dressed like a house (best costume award), and of coures Bryan as the Amish man (sexiest costume award). Yes folks you heard me right Bryan won the sexiest costume award 8) I never imagined an Amish man to be considered sexy, but apparently Bryan has some mojo kicking in this costume as one lady was alllllll over him all night!!! As the night continued everyone was getting a little drunker by the minute and sure enough I glance down the bar and see Bryan taking a little nap on the end of the bar!! Gotta live a night that ends with a nap on the bar, what a trooper :D Bryan somehow ended up in the front seat of the truck and we found him there around 2:30, since Jennifer was drunk when we arrived it was yours truly who made the drive home which on the island in October consists of ZERO cops!! On the way home I missed a turn and instead of turning around Bryan instructed me to turn anyway and I did as I drove through the grass we were all laughing hysterically as Jennifer was bouncing around the bed of the truck :o Upon arrival home we looked at the side of the truck at the damage Bryan had done hanging out the window you can fill in the blank here.... The next morning I wake up and hear that Bryan had bribed his son Kevin to hose down the truck for a ride on the new 4 wheeler, now that is using your resources! That pretty much concludes the Halloween trip and until my next trip report in 2010 :D
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Bryan

Re: Halloween Oct 31st (MBI)

Postby Bryan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:43 pm

Like always...awesome trip report!!!
You definatly have a way with words!! :lol:

JodellandJon

Postby JodellandJon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:54 pm

Great trip report Mills! Can't believe the season is officialy over! :( Until next year... have a great winter, and happy holidays!
Married at the Bay in 2003!!!

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:43 am

I know this season flew by!! Thanks and happy holidays to you and your family too :D
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Return to “Trip Reports!”