11-7 and 11-8-09 Indian summer!!

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

11-7 and 11-8-09 Indian summer!!

Postby Bryan » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:33 pm

I dont post a lot on the trip reports because some of my trips to the bay only involve going to Tippers for supper or to the gas dock to fill the gas jugs, and I'm not sure anyone here is interested on what goes on 1/2 mile north at Middle Bass. :lol:

But this weekend was fabulous! Flying up we had a GREAT tailwind that pushed us along at 160 mph getting us to the island in 58 minutes. Weather was picture perfect, plenty of sunshine, put a few miles on the 4 wheeler going on "island patrol", had a few beers and called it a night.
Got up early this morning, wife cooked pancakes for breakfast, I got the yard mowed and sticks picked up before noon and we took a look at the lake...is was perfectly calm, hardly a ripple. So we took the boat out for its last trip of the season, we intended to head to PIB and get some lunch at Tippers but went to Kellys Island instead. The water was so nice it just made perfect sense to go there!
After we got back I went on island patrol again and before you knew it was 5pm and we were just getting airborn heading back to reality in Indiana.

Well that pretty much covers it!
Stay tuned for a trip report by Mills covering Halloween last weekend, it was a MONUMENTAL party weekend at the island, and no one can tell the story like Mills!

Re: 11-7 and 11-8-09 Indian summer!!

Postby JodellandJon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:57 pm

Always happy to read trip reports! :) Hope you and your family have a great winter Bryan and happy holidays to all of you!
Married at the Bay in 2003!!!

Re: 11-7 and 11-8-09 Indian summer!!

Postby Mills » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:45 am

Good trip report Bryan! I love the lake when there is hardly a ripple it seems so peaceful and calm!! How was Kellys island?
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Return to “Trip Reports!”