4th of July 2009

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

Mills

4th of July 2009

Postby Mills » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:41 pm

OK, since I have taken a leave of absence from trip reports.....back by popular demand I present the 4th of July version :)

Katie and I left Cincinnati at 5:06 am Friday morning. As were about 20 miles from the Bay is when good old Johnny Law caught me doing 72 in a 55 mph zone :cry: I have to say other than the ticket itself the cop was probably the most pleasant cop I have ever dealt with, he only took 8 minutes to write the ticket and get us on our way. We arrived and caught the 9:00 a.m. Miller and were on our way to A dock. We arrived at Chuck and Don's boat around 9:38 am and headed straight for Frosty's for breakfast. Around 11:00 we were back on "A" dock doing shots and drinking Chuck's now island famous Margarita's!! Around 2:30 we hit Mist to check out the pool since the weather was awesome! 8) Of course ran into Ed and Jeremy as well as most of our favorite bartenders on the island!! Around 5:00 we headed back to A dock to meet Bryan who was dropping a couple of friends off at the Bay. Since the docks were packed and more people were arriving Bryan could not stay long and he was thrown off by the dockmasters so we decided to head back to Middle Bass around 6:30. The 3 of us were on our way to Bryan's house while his friend Corey and his girlfriend who shall remain nameless (more to come later on this) hit the bars.... Back at the house we grilled out and had a few cold beverages. Around 8:30 I took a nap and woke up to Bryan poking me with a stick, after a few pokes I was up again and were on our way to JF Walleyes for the night. We had a great time at Walleyes as always, but around 12:30 Bryan received a call from his daughter Leah that there was some drama going down between Corey and his girlfriend!!!! :shock: As we arrived at the house we find out exactly what happened and to make a long story short Jennifer (Bryan's wife) told Corey "her a**is going home on the 1st Miller ferry to the mainland in the morning"!! I went to bed because Jennifer told Bryan and Ito "go the f**k to bed" LOL!!! So thats what we did. Katie and Leah stayed up and played guitar hero and apparently painted my toe nails hot pink and Kevin's (Bryan's son) finger nails while we were sleeping :x

Saturday I wake up around 10:30 and walk into the kitchen where Leah is sitting, at this point I have not noticed my hot pink toes and Leah asks me if I felt gay? Thats when I noticed my toes, Kevin walks out too and says "hey Mills join the club" and shows me his finger nails. Next we went to the store for some supplies for the day and nail polish remover :oops: After watching a few golfers while enjoying a few cold beers on the back deck we took the boat out to Schoolhouse Bay to meet Robin ([banned]) and her husband Matt who are already anchored. We hung out with them for a few hours which was a lot of fun and then headed back to the house to get ready for the fireworks show at 10:00. First we had dinner at Walleyes and ironically enough one of the bartenders had a shirt on that read "A little drama never hurt anyone". Well this is true for everone except the girl who shall remain nameless :o We watched the fireworks show from the Miller dock and I will grade this a solid "A"!! D After the show we hit Wlleyes again for a few hours then headed to Hazzards to finish off the night. When we got back to the house Jennifer made 2 huge boxes of Mac n Cheese for Bryan and I. :? I think I wore more of the Mac n cheese than I ate :? Unfortunately there was no drama this night so I threw in the towel and fell asleep to the sound of Bryan's buzzsaw like snoring LOL!! This concludes another fun filled weekend at the Lake Erie islands and will continue again for the Christmas in July weekend...... To Be Continued......
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Bryan

Re: 4th of July 2009

Postby Bryan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:50 pm

You have a way with words my friend!! Awesome trip report!!! :D

Oh...and I dont snore!! :lol:

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:52 pm

Also...remember when we were hanging out at schoolhouse with I s l a n d e r, that guy with the jet ski people was puking his guts out! The fish ate good that night! :lol:

Mills

Postby Mills » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:08 am

Bryan wrote:You have a way with words my friend!! Awesome trip report!!! :D

Oh...and I dont snore!! :lol:

Oh yes you certainly do snore :D

Also...remember when we were hanging out at schoolhouse with I s l a n d e r, that guy with the jet ski people was puking his guts out! The fish ate good that night!

I almost forgot about the champ who puked his guts out off the back of his boat :shock: He had a little too much fun apparently!! LOL!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

gomer

Postby gomer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:34 am

Great report Mills. Glad you guys had a good time. Sounds like you had better weather then we did at Indian Lake.

Mills

Postby Mills » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:28 pm

Yes the weather was awesome on Friday and Sunday and pretty good on Saturday too, a little cloudy but perfect temperature!!!! 8)
Mills, from Cincinnati

Return to “Trip Reports!”