Halloweeen 2008

Forum to share your experiences and good times from recent trips and gatherings at Put-in-Bay!

Moderator: admin1

Mills

Halloweeen 2008

Postby Mills » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:44 pm

We left Cincy at 5:30 am on Saturday and caught the 9:30 am Miller ferry to Put-In-Bay and went straight to A dock to find Chuck and Don. Chuck's boat was empty so we got Don and headed to Frosty's for breakfast :lol: We ran into Chuck and his wife already at breakfast and the party was on!! After breakfast Katie and I hit the shops for some good sales on end of the season merchandise!!! In the meantime I tried to get ahold of Captain Stan for a ride to Middle Bass to meet Bryan and Jennifer. After a while it seemed like we might be stuck there with no way to Bryan's house until he called and said he would pick us up in his plane at the airport. The flight over to Middle Bass was absolutley AWESOME, neither Katie or I had been in a small plane before and the view was breathtaking :D After landing Bryan took us on a little tour of the island and stopped at JF Walleyes to pick up a case of beer as we were going to be working hard on hanging insulation at Bryan's new house :wink: Bryan's house has a sweet view of the golf course and the lake through his backyard!! Well needless to say after hanging insulation for a good hard 20-25 minutes we decided it was beer o' clock and called it a day 8)

Around 7:00 Bryan, Jennifer, Katie, and a wild man named Whitaker and his girl Lisa headed to the Bay on Captain Stan's boat. I have to say it was a nice ride despite the high wind and waves. We started on Chucks boat for a few margarita's and beers! Then it was to the Beer Barrel for the buffet and live music. Next it was on to Mr. Ed's to see our favorite bar owners, bar tenders, and bouncers!! Ed's was hopping like always and we had a great time! We then went back to see the Menu's at the Barrel and for Bryan and Jennifer to enter the costume contest, they were Amish people and darn good ones too!! Next we went back to ed's again for more drinks and dancing!! Toward the end of the night we decided to give Frosty's a try and it was a good time as usual! After that I believe we went back to Ed's but I cannot verify that :? To end the night we had to head back to Middle Bass around 1:00 since Captain Stan said the lake was getting very bad rough and bad :shock: When back on Middle Bass we hit JF Walleyes for a drink and to eat our Cameo pizza we had to take to go :P After that it was lights out....

Sunday Bryan and I went on a Middle Bass island tour. We walked all around the old Lonz winery and mansion as well as George Lonz's old personal boathouse close to the Miller ferry. Pretty cool experience and a little creepy to walk the grounds of the winery and mansion :D We also checked out the new marina and different parts of the island, I am definitely interested in seeing more of the island next time we are there. And next time maybe we will get a little work completed too LOL!! :lol:
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:19 pm

AWESOME trip report Mills! :D Reading that sure brought back some laughs!
You left out the part when we came back to the house with food from Walleye's and the girls were STILL SLEEPING....at 1:30 PM!!! :lol: :lol:
Oh yeah...we partied like rock stars! :lol:

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:22 am

Actually I think it was even later than that like maybe 2:30 since we barely made the 3:15 Miller back to the mainland :shock: One of the workers told me they almost cancelled that ferry too b/c of the high waves!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

chucksberg

trip report

Postby chucksberg » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:09 pm

Nice trip report mills!

The wind and waves were pretty rough that day. We took a few over the bow on the way back to Catawba. Tom didn't like it at all! :lol: The biggest problem the ferry has with a westerly wind is the water leaves the Western Basin and it get to shallow at the docks for the ferry. Even smaller boats like mine run into trouble. About 50 feet from the dock we hit bottom with the outdrive and had to shut the motor down, raise the drive and drift into the dock. It made it a bi*ch to get the boat loaded on the trailer. My friend Steve had to leave his boat at the dock and spend the night. We looked at several marinas in the area and all were out of water. In some places, the boats were sitting in the mud!

Don broke down and had to get towed that weekend. I bet that was a bi*ch in that weather.

Hope to see you guys soon.

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:05 pm

WOW, that is crazy about the boats sitting in mud!! How often does that happen?
Mills, from Cincinnati

chucksberg

trip report

Postby chucksberg » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:20 pm

Often enough, hope the liink works.....

http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/seagrant/glwl ... inton2.jpg

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:02 am

The link worked Chuck, thanks for sharing! That looks like a big problem! What do they do when that happens? Do they just wait for the water to come back or have lifted out?
Mills, from Cincinnati

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:15 am

Mills wrote:Actually I think it was even later than that like maybe 2:30 since we barely made the 3:15 Miller back to the mainland :shock: One of the workers told me they almost cancelled that ferry too b/c of the high waves!!
Yeah, your right, I remember you saying that now! :lol:

When are you and Katie going to be free again? We'd love to have you guys back up for a weekend!
I ordered a new shower door tonight after work. The "redneck" black trash bag shower curtain is going out and a frameless clear glass door with brushed silver accents is going in! I hope it comes in before the last ferry, I dont think it will fit in the airplane so it's GOT to get up there via boat!

Started on dry wall last weekend too! :D

chucksberg

water and shower doors

Postby chucksberg » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:24 pm

Mills, they just wait. The water comes back when the wind dies down.

Brian, just strap it to the wing. You can be a redneck pilot. Be a bi*ch for the people below if it blows off, kinda like the matress on the highway :lol: except a little higher up!

No clear shower doors in my house, I sometimes drop the soap!

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:36 pm

That is awesome you started on teh drywall and ordered the shower door, it is all starting to come together!! Before you know it the place will be complete and the party will be on!!!! :lol:

Hmmm not sure which weekend for sure? When do you have in mind?
Mills, from Cincinnati

Bryan

Re: water and shower doors

Postby Bryan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:07 am

chucksberg wrote:No clear shower doors in my house, I sometimes drop the soap!
Oh my!!! :shock: Chuck...dont ever do anything bad to get thrown in the pokey! They call it that for a reason! :lol:

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:27 am

Mills wrote:Hmmm not sure which weekend for sure? When do you have in mind?
You name the weekend and we'll probably be there! Dec 6th is out though...company X-mas party (free beer!).

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:40 am

It probably will have to be mid December or sometime in January....
Mills, from Cincinnati

Return to “Trip Reports!”