New transportation to the island

A place for boaters to discuss their trips and experiences boating, and docking at Put-in-Bay

Moderator: admin1

islander

Postby islander » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:43 pm

Bryan it sounds to me like it was a fox snake you saw. They get huge, like 5 feet long or so. :shock:
But to answer your question Mills, water snakes don't really get very big, maybe a couple of feet for a big one.
You know the islands use to be covered in Rattlesnakes, I think the last one found on PIB was about 50 years ago, which really when you think about it that wasn't all too long ago.

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:17 pm

Oh, didn't know that! I do know it was gross though!! :D

Mister Kay

Re: New transportation to the island

Postby Mister Kay » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:23 pm

And Bryan, mine came with a vintage cassette player also, no idea what year it is, but it rocks the old school tapes!!!
Fortunately it also has a plug in that you can wire up to an MP3 player so at least I have that going for me!!!

Can't wait to see the new boat in a few weeks!!!

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Sun May 03, 2009 9:19 pm

HAHAHA!!! I've already yanked the tape player in put in a CD player I had lying around...much better!! :lol: The system still isn't loud enough though! :D
My boat isn't much to look at, kinda hard to be impressed after getting off of the yacht you got! :D Next year I'd like to shop for a bigger boat, something like a cuddy in the 25'-26' range, or a 23' cruiser.

missnthebay

Postby missnthebay » Mon May 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Bryan wrote:HAHAHA!!! I've already yanked the tape player in put in a CD player I had lying around...much better!! :lol: The system still isn't loud enough though! :D
My boat isn't much to look at, kinda hard to be impressed after getting off of the yacht you got! :D Next year I'd like to shop for a bigger boat, something like a cuddy in the 25'-26' range, or a 23' cruiser.

I have a 22 crownline cuddy. be carefull lake erie can kick up pretty quick, and our boats don't do well when she gets angry. I have been out there a few times when I shouldn't have. anything above 2-3 with the occasional 4-5 is too much. have fun and maybe I will see you out there. my boat is Lil Kim if you see it come say hi

Eddy

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Mon May 18, 2009 9:01 pm

Had her in 6 footers once last year, had to tack into them for a ways before I could turn and head the direction I wanted to go. Wasn't fun!
I've made up my mind, I am going boat shopping for a new ride before spring 2010. I know exactly what I want, I just got to wait till next year.

I look for ya, and if you see us, stop over for a cold one!

Return to “Boating”