MEMORIAL DAY

A place for boaters to discuss their trips and experiences boating, and docking at Put-in-Bay

Moderator: admin1

kindy52

MEMORIAL DAY

Postby kindy52 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:34 pm

I'm trying to plan out vacation days for Memorial Day Weekend,

Anyone know how early in the week I should go to make sure I get a good spot at the docks for the that weekend?

admin1
Site Admin

Postby admin1 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:24 pm

It really depends on the weather, If the forecast a few days before is looking really good the boaters tend to arrive on the Thursday night. Prime dockside spots are normally gone by Friday noonish but I would think as long as you get here before late afternoon Friday you should be fine.

islander

Postby islander » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:26 am

Question for ya Admin1, I haven't seen your boat around lately, do you still have it? However with all you've got going on I suspect you wouldn't have much time to use it.
Just wondering, because I came across a photo yesterday that Di took of you, Katie and I having a snooze back on the engine hatches, among a litter of pizza boxes and napkins, on some beautiful summer afternoon, many, many, moons ago. The picture is classic and makes me smile everytime I happen across it, as it speaks a 1000 words about those days, kinda makes me think that its too bad we all had to grow up...Oh how the times have changed.

admin1
Site Admin

Postby admin1 » Mon May 09, 2005 8:50 pm

No, the Fountain is gone and has been for 2 years. I actually sold it to a guy from Ft Myers Beach, my winter home. I put a lot of work and $$$ into that boat and it is kind of bittersweet to see it blasting down the beach at 100 MPH+ But I suppose it is better that someone is enjoying it rather than it just sitting somewhere as I am much to busy to enjoy it.

I would enjoy seeing those pictures, as friends like you, Jim, Di and the girls were and are priceless.

As far as growing up, I guess it was inevitable. Too bad some of the "Village Idiots" on the Put-in-Bay Council Like Fred Berry never did. This island could be a much better place if we could rid ourselves of vindictive manipulating people like him.

I will never forget those days, or those fun times and quite frankly, there are many days I just wish it could all be the same again. See Ya soon. :lol:

Return to “Boating”