Question about public mooring buoys the weekend of July 4th?

A place for boaters to discuss their trips and experiences boating, and docking at Put-in-Bay

Moderator: admin1

JS550GIRL

Question about public mooring buoys the weekend of July 4th?

Postby JS550GIRL » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:07 am

A group of us are planning to come out to PIB on our boat for July 4th weekend. We want to get one of those public mooring buoys... does anyone know how fast those fill up? Will there be any available Friday morning?

Also.... Most of the people from our group are off work on Friday the 3rd so we were thinking about coming out early Friday morning and tying off for the weekend. The only problem is that we need to leave Friday night for about an hour to run into Port Clinton to pick up the rest of our group. Is there a way to reserve the buoy so that no one takes it for that hour we are gone? We just need to ride over to Port Clinton, pick up a few people and then head right back out.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Allison

CabinGirl

Re: Question about public mooring buoys the weekend of July 4th?

Postby CabinGirl » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Hey allison,

We get those buoys quite a bit and it's hard to say when they are going to be available and when they aren't. I would guess that you'll be able to get one. I say this because the weather isn't going to be so great until Friday so that helps your chances...I'm still only guessing here! But it's worth the chance.

And I think that you can leave a life jacket on your buoy while you are gone for that hour. The water taxi people can verify that when you get there but I've seen many people do that before so I don't think it'd be a problem. There were many times that we were cursing those people though because we thought we found an available buoy when in fact it was taken! haha

Good luck to ya!
Becky & Adam
Seas the Bay

chucksberg

Re: Question about public mooring buoys the weekend of July 4th?

Postby chucksberg » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:14 pm

Once you pay, you have it. Just tie a horseshoe vest or something that floats to it.

Friday should be no problem, Saturday morning thru early afternoon should be ok also.......but you never really know.

Return to “Boating”