New public dock going in this fall

A place for boaters to discuss their trips and experiences boating, and docking at Put-in-Bay

Moderator: admin1

chucksberg

New public dock going in this fall

Postby chucksberg » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:59 pm

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar announced this week the village, in cooperation with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, will receive $2.2 million through the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Boating Infrastructure Grant. The department and the village will match that amount with more than $1.3 million to replace or renovate 905 feet of existing docks and construct 590 feet of new floating docks.

The money also will be used for lighting, electrical, water and fire protection improvements on all existing and proposed docks for transient boaters.

Maybe I can put my order in for dockside A1.
:P

admin1
Site Admin

Re: New public dock going in this fall

Postby admin1 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:17 pm

This is a GREAT and well needed project for Put-in-Bay. Lets hope the weather during the construction season coperates with the reconstrution!

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri May 08, 2009 6:40 pm

When does construction begin?
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

chucksberg

Postby chucksberg » Fri May 08, 2009 10:03 pm

This fall after the season. Will be completed by spring. I think they are renovating the existing docks and addinng a couple more fingers to A. Maybe bringing the tip of C out a little farther.They are adding a lot more banned power connections!!!

Return to “Boating”