New Bars

A place to discuss best places to dine, party or your favorite entertainer!

Moderator: admin1

gomer

New Bars

Postby gomer » Wed May 31, 2006 3:58 pm

Just curious. Are there any new bars on the island this year? Also for you PIB veterans, can you recommend any hole in the wall bars? You know other then the most mentioned like the Boathouse, Mr. Eds, Beer Barrell, Frostys or Roundhouse?

kindy52

Postby kindy52 » Wed May 31, 2006 5:30 pm

I heard there was one new bar, but I didn't look for it.

It all depends on what mood you are in, The fish bowl can be a fun little place, and sometimes the Brewing Co. later at night. (both around the corner from the Rbarrel. I personally have a blast in the late afternoons at the Gazebo, believe it or not.
Hide the Rum!

funboy2121

xxxx

Postby funboy2121 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:59 am

There is a small bar, I think it's Joe's, on the island thats pretty fun. Every year we stop there for a couple! Plus we always stop at the winery for a bottle or two.I'm not even a wine drinker, but it's pretty cool. I couldn't even tell ya where they are, but we get golf carts, and drive everywhere on saturday afternoon.
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:28 am

I also like the Fish Bowl for a few drinks every trip! I don't spend all night there, but like to stop in especially if it is a nice night since it is open air inside the bar.

There is also a local hangout called Tony's just past the Brewery that may interest you. It looks like an old house and the hours are limited, but check it out!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

gomer

Postby gomer » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:10 am

Thanks for the different bar ideas. I have definitely been to the Fishbowl and had a fishbowl or two. It is a pretty cool bar. Also spent most of my Saturday night at the Gazebo last year and had a blast. That place seems to be really packed and fun or just empty, very hot and cold. Still haven't done the winery thing yet, but maybe I will in two weeks. The Brewery is always the late night spot, if not to keep partying, then to get a pizza to go.

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:00 am

If you're looking for a real hole in the wall bar, there's one not too far from the campgrounds....near the store out there. I think it's called "Joe's" or something. Don't have to worry about running into a lot of people in there. Ryan Stoiber is opening up a little bar as well. Not sure when it's going to be open but sounds like it is just going to be a little bar. I think he mentioned the capacity was only going to be something like 50 people. It's supposed to be near the Brewery.

islander

Postby islander » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:33 pm

There are two new bars on the island this year...The Goat Soup and Whiskey, in Pat's old place (there is also a Goat Soup and Whiskey out west in Keystone) and The Odd Fellows, by the Town Hall.

Penelope

Postby Penelope » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:20 pm

Hi, Could you please tell me where the Brewery is? Thanks :D
Penelope

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:42 am

On the same street as the Fish Bowl, Mossbacks, and Tony's
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:47 am

Just do what I do.. Get really really drunk, and you will just end up there!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

timbob

Postby timbob » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:07 pm

[banned] wrote:There are two new bars on the island this year...The Goat Soup and Whiskey, in Pat's old place (there is also a Goat Soup and Whiskey out west in Keystone) and The Odd Fellows, by the Town Hall.

I definitely gotta make a li'l journey up thatway, now. I'll sport my Goat - Soup and Whiskey shirt from the Colorado location!
"back off, fun pig!"

Taz

Postby Taz » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:20 pm

Walk down past the Rea-r Barrel and turn left. Walk up the street past the country store and cross over to the other side of the street, you're there!
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

WCM

Postby WCM » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:42 pm

Anyone have any info on the expansion of Oddfellows? I liked that place. Good to start out the day there or finish up there if you weren't in the mood for The Brewery.

Return to “Bars, Restaurants and Nightlife”