The Unthinkable

A place to discuss best places to dine, party or your favorite entertainer!

Moderator: admin1

CincySteve38

The Unthinkable

Postby CincySteve38 » Thu May 25, 2006 2:33 pm

Has anybody ever had the misfortune of doing the walk of shame and getting back on a ferry, and stay in Port Clinton? We are going on a fishing excursion on Sunday 7/16. at 7 am. The guide wont pick us up at PIB. Just was wondering if there was any bars half as fun there, as the ones on the island.

Taz

Postby Taz » Thu May 25, 2006 3:44 pm

I've done it many a times, just get as hammered as you can as the day progresses, then make sure you totally crocked going back on the last ferry possible. That way you won't have to worry about any bars on the other side.

Max out a little early at the Bay!
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Fri May 26, 2006 7:29 am

That's unfortunate. THere are fishing guides on the island, should of just got one of them guys.

Let us know how the fishing went.

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri May 26, 2006 7:37 am

I would go to Mr. Ed's in Port Clinton! I have never been there before, but heard it is pretty cool besides I am sure you won't be the only ones doing the same thing! Remember most bars in PIB close at 1:00ish anyways so you will only miss maybe an hour or so if you take the last ferry to the mainland.
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

CincySteve38

Postby CincySteve38 » Fri May 26, 2006 9:59 am

Getting hammered at the Bay has never been a problem. Sounds like a solid plan. I don't really need a guide. One of the guys bought it through a charity auction. Memorial Day weekend 2000, I caught a 30 inch walleye. With my Budwiser goggles on, it was caught straight out from the monument! Mills, ask Dave P. at your work about it. He was with me. If the scene at Mr. Ed's is anything like the one on the island, it will be fun. Are there alot of people that head back to banned at midnight? That is the last ferry, right? Hell, I thought the bars closed at 2am on the island. Somebody else ought to be in charge of time keeping, not me.

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Fri May 26, 2006 10:18 am

Most bars on the strip used to be done at 12, not it's around one.

The brewery and the skyway are open later, maybe Ed's also, they are all open till 2:30.

The strip used to pretty much shut down at 12 and everyone went to the Skyway, not so much like that anymore.

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri May 26, 2006 11:04 am

Yea seriously you will not miss too much after midnight and I am pretty sure that is the last ferry to Port Clinton on the Jet.

I will make sure to ask dave about the catch!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Return to “Bars, Restaurants and Nightlife”