Resturaunt Reviews

A place to discuss best places to dine, party or your favorite entertainer!

Moderator: admin1

islander

Postby islander » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:01 pm

Axel and Harry's is down at Ladd's, right on the water. Nothing cheap there, well not true, you can get a bowl of oatmeal for $4.95. Can't tell ya how the Seafood Buffet is, after 28 years of living on the island I burned myself out on the stuff...now they don't make enough tarter sauce in the world for me to touch it.
9 times out of 10 when I eat out it is at the Boardwalk, always something good there, as long as it isn't pizza you want, plus great Rum Runners and the view, oh the view.. however you can't go wrong with The Goat or Skyway either.

A little FYI, ran our boat over to Middle Bass for lunch at Walleye's the other day. And you want to talk about bad food, you would think after five times in row with below average food I would have learned my lesson. But no, it took a $70 lunch to wake me up, not including tip, three sandwiches, one order of fries, one order of onion rings, a couple of vodka crans (well vodka too) and two root beers....service was poor, the only table in there and yet the help couldn't pull themselves off the bar stools to refill our drinks...which is probably a good thing or else we would have had more drinks leading to a higher bill....but a bigger tip for her. Then don't get me started on the fryer grease, it was so dirty I don't think they have changed that in years.
But if all you want is a drink with poor service and a little island hopping then it is a nice change of scenery.
hope you all have fun on the rock this summer....

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:12 am

Thanks for the info!

Hey are those Rum Runners frozen Rum Runners? That would be sweet.

Speaking of other islands, we cruised over to Kelley's this last weekend to go to West Bay and that is a really fun place. The view is awesome. And they have free docking so it's really a good deal. Just not too many docks available but if you wait long enough, someone will leave and you'll get in. Great burgers there.

islander

Postby islander » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:17 pm

Oh they are frozen, plus come with a floater of 151...they taste so good, plus they pack a punch!! My favorite fu-fu drink on the island.

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:10 pm

My favorite Rum Runners come from Mr. Ed's tiki bar. Wow those things are good and strong. Two will have you toasted and feeling no pain.

kindy52

Postby kindy52 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:43 pm

Yeah! Make sure to try a "Jer-Bear" while your there, too!
Hide the Rum!

Katrinka

Postby Katrinka » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:47 pm

What's a Jer-Bear?

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:35 pm

Oooooh the Jer-Ber is very very strong with the 151 in it will knock you into next Tuesday :wink:
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

islander

Postby islander » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:33 am

I love the fact that Jermey H. has a fan club...

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:24 am

maybe Jeremy F. should start one too LOL!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Smeech

Postby Smeech » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:18 pm

[banned] wrote:Axel and Harry's is down at Ladd's, right on the water. Nothing cheap there, well not true, you can get a bowl of oatmeal for $4.95. Can't tell ya how the Seafood Buffet is, after 28 years of living on the island I burned myself out on the stuff...now they don't make enough tarter sauce in the world for me to touch it.
9 times out of 10 when I eat out it is at the Boardwalk, always something good there, as long as it isn't pizza you want, plus great Rum Runners and the view, oh the view.. however you can't go wrong with The Goat or Skyway either.

A little FYI, ran our boat over to Middle Bass for lunch at Walleye's the other day. And you want to talk about bad food, you would think after five times in row with below average food I would have learned my lesson. But no, it took a $70 lunch to wake me up, not including tip, three sandwiches, one order of fries, one order of onion rings, a couple of vodka crans (well vodka too) and two root beers....service was poor, the only table in there and yet the help couldn't pull themselves off the bar stools to refill our drinks...which is probably a good thing or else we would have had more drinks leading to a higher bill....but a bigger tip for her. Then don't get me started on the fryer grease, it was so dirty I don't think they have changed that in years.
But if all you want is a drink with poor service and a little island hopping then it is a nice change of scenery.
hope you all have fun on the rock this summer....

I've seen you go out for a "couple" vodka cranberries, and if you got out for 70 bucks it was a bargain.

islander

Postby islander » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:58 am

If I'm gonna spend 70 bucks on the islands it certainly isn't going to be on food. Besides I think it was you who introduced me to those 70 dollar Vodka Cran breakfasts to begin with.
As I recall one day, about 11 am, I was walking through town on a beautiful summer day and I hear some one calling me, and there you are sitting on the front porch drinking your breakfast watching Amish girls with hickeys on their necks playing volleyball in the park. I tried to ignore you, so you ran out and dragged me kicking and screaming up the steps and forced me into a chair, then you held me down pouring vodka crans down my throat until I almost drowned and was about 70 dollars lighter. You then spent the rest of the day brain washing me into thinking that I should meet you for these little front porch morning trists on a regular basis, and to spend all my money while doing so.
Clearly this all falls on your shoulders, and it must be quite a burden for you to bare. In fact I often wonder how you can live with yourself knowing what you did to me and the detrimental effect it had.

WCM

Postby WCM » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:08 pm

[banned] wrote:Clearly this all falls on your shoulders, and it must be quite a burden for you to bare. In fact I often wonder how you can live with yourself knowing what you did to me and the detrimental effect it had.

Yes, smeech, the overly aggressive and intimidating brute of a man who forced you into the bar and made you drink too many vodka cranberries.

Seems to be at odds with how I would picture that encounter to actually transpire...

islander

Postby islander » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:58 pm

Oh my gosh, he brain washed you too?! Boy Smeech is much more dangerous and powerful than originally thought. I mean after all I could see how I could fall under his spell, being a sequestered little island girl ingnorant in the ways of the world and all. But you come from the outside, and have lived far and wide across the land. Wow.
I guess this proves it, Smeech was in a sense PIB's very own Medusa, not turning people into stone, but once you cross his gaze a web is weaved around you, sucking you into his hedonistic world of Bacchanalia. It is true, no one is safe. :wink:

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:01 pm

Vodka and cranberry, hmmm...that sounds pretty good. Never had one before, I'm a Bud Light person but I try one tomorrow when we go out.

j burgess

Postby j burgess » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:20 pm

make sure its absolute and cran. sky and cran just has a funky taste to it

Return to “Bars, Restaurants and Nightlife”