Resturaunt Reviews

A place to discuss best places to dine, party or your favorite entertainer!

Moderator: admin1

dvlcrush

Postby dvlcrush » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:27 am

Laugh when you can, Apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. Kiss slowly, Play hard, Forgive quickly, Take chances, Give everything and Have NO Regrets. Life is too short to be ANYTHING but HAPPY!!!

Katrinka

Postby Katrinka » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Now that is one handsome Leprechaun. LOL

WCM

Postby WCM » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:54 pm

But you'll never get me lucky charms!

(#49...)

funboy2121

xxx

Postby funboy2121 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:00 pm

It worked, Thanks Dvl, I owe ya! Now thats how I look when at the Bay!
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

dvlcrush

Postby dvlcrush » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:20 pm

Glad I could help ya out there!!
Laugh when you can, Apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. Kiss slowly, Play hard, Forgive quickly, Take chances, Give everything and Have NO Regrets. Life is too short to be ANYTHING but HAPPY!!!

veeder21

Postby veeder21 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:19 pm

"How in the hell would anybody know if the Brewery pizza is any good! I'm not saying it isn't alright, but all I'm saying is I have never eaten the pizza sober!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They've changed the pizza since last year :( We had some two weekends ago, and it's more like Frosty's now (thinner). I think Blue Iguana has great pizza!! And Mossbacks does have some good stuff, too!

WCM

Postby WCM » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:21 am

good assessment - I have no idea what any pizza is like on the Island. Sometimes I don't even remember having pizza unless the roof of my mouth is burnt!

kindy52

Postby kindy52 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:41 pm

I remember walking to some delivery joint on the island at 3am during a torential downpour a few years back. The people there were closing up, but we begged them to make us a pizza and they did. I don't know how thrilled they were about it, though!
Hide the Rum!

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:20 pm

Jody,

I totally remember that night, you showed up at our hotel room soaking wet, it was hilarious :D
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:03 pm

Chicken patio is great.

Boathouse is great, and the side restaurant has mini corndogs.

Also, corndogs at the Dairy Queen.

The food looks good at Mr. Ed's but I only ate there once after the fall party.

Another time some other people were eating and Mills was their waiter, I couldn't believe he got everyones order right.

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:06 am

I guess I simply perform better under the influence of alcohol LOL!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

christie

Mills

Postby christie » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:11 am

Yes, Mills was our waiter and he was awesome.....hopefully he will be working Xmas because we will be very hungry, lol

Mother Trucker Dave

Postby Mother Trucker Dave » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:10 pm

Food report from this past weekend:

We had some excellent sandwiches at The Boathouse. The reuben was great as was the turkey bacon wrap. Burger was decent.

We had fantastic breakfast burrito's at Irving's Deli. Highly recommended. We always seem to get something there.

The lobster bisque at The Boardwalk was good, but highly overrated. I'm amazed at how many people eat there since it's so expensive. The best deal seemed to be a pound and a half lobster with bisque and cole slaw for $27. Really not a bad deal. The lobster sandwich looked tiny for $12. Last year I got some kind of combo with fish, bisque and coleslaw that was a decent deal, but it wasn't on the menu any more. The menu for The Upper Deck looked good, but even more pricey.

One surprise was the Friday night seafood buffet at Tipper's. I've heard about the lousy breakfast buffet, but we took a look at the seafood buffet and decided to take a chance. The salad bar looked good, but we didn't waste our time. ;-) Peel and eat shrimp were either good or mushy. Just don't eat the mushy ones and they're good. Fried perch and walleye were decent, but on the cold side. NOne of us sampled the freshly carved beef. We spent most of our time digging into the snow crab legs. They were actually pretty sweet and tasty! We were all stuffed to the gills. ;-) The waiter asked if we were done terrorizing his buffet and the four of us just groaned. ;-) And none of us got sick.

I might try Mossbacks next time since I've heard good things. Maybe Axel and ???? (Henry's?) for breakfast as it was no more expensive than the other restaurants and it looked really nice.

Mills

Postby Mills » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:17 am

How much was the seafood buffet?

And where is Axel and Henry;s located?
Mills, from Cincinnati

Mother Trucker Dave

Postby Mother Trucker Dave » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:41 pm

Tipper's Buffet was $15.95.

Axel and whatever is on the waterfront in front of Dairy Queen and the little winery bar near the Jet Express.

Return to “Bars, Restaurants and Nightlife”