Bar Question

A place to discuss best places to dine, party or your favorite entertainer!

Moderator: admin1

SeaRayJoe

Bar Question

Postby SeaRayJoe » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:48 am

Hi Everyone,

In the summer, we are always at PIB on the boat. They have some good performers at the Beer Barrel. (The Maxx is my fav.) I am 18 years old, and so is my girlfriend. Since we are underage, we would go with my parents in the Beer Barrel. Anyways heres my question:

Even though she isn't related to us, and if she brings ID, Would she be able to get into the Beer Barrel with us without her parents being there? Thanks for your help!!!!!!!

Joe :)
Sun your buns!!! Sail Naked!!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:20 am

I don't remember getting carded walking in until night time so you might be alright, but I am not sure. THis is a good question for Bullette though because she worked there.

mobay

Postby mobay » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:26 am

Beer Barrel cards all day. Good luck.
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:28 am

Mobay loves that place, he might be able to find you a way in and you can hang out with him all day there, he never leaves.

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:33 am

The Beer Barrel cards all day long... I was almost denied entry last year because my (blonde) id didn't match me at all (brunette).... Luckily, I knew the other security guards and they remembered me. You can call up there and ask the finer details on that to be sure. Their phone number is 419-289-BEER....
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

mobay

Postby mobay » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:07 am

Mister Kay wrote:Mobay loves that place, he might be able to find you a way in and you can hang out with him all day there, he never leaves.

I think what he is trying to say is that I HATE the Reer Barrel, and if you want to be cool like him you will try to sneek into a real bar.
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:18 pm

I was hoping the sarcasm shined through, yes mobay does not enjoy the BB to say the least, I like every bar there as long as they have drinks. Went to Joes bar for the first time last year, it was a good time. Also, went to the skyway during a weekday and had fun watching the planes,,,then matt flipped me and dropped me on my head. I learned not to sneakup on matt,,,,,my cousin actually did that once to matt and he flipped him in a pool with all his clothes on.
Ha.

Taz

Postby Taz » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:00 pm

How old are you again Kay?
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

SeaRayJoe

Postby SeaRayJoe » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:14 pm

Thanks for all your help everyone!!!!!

Even though we aren't related and stuff, and we have our ID's, can they still let us in with my family?

Joe :roll:
Sun your buns!!! Sail Naked!!

mobay

Postby mobay » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:26 pm

Are you really that desperate to get into the Reer Barrel, or is this just a general question relating to any bar on the island? Some places like the boathouse you can get in without an id before a certain hour. On the other hand I have never seen kids in the reer barrel.

Taz

Postby Taz » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:37 pm

State of Ohio law says that any minor in company of LEGAL parent or guardian, so I doubt she'll be able to drink. Getting in is up to management. With them I wouldn't count on it unless you go real early.

freakin'hot

Postby freakin'hot » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:56 pm

Joe, I "well into my thirties" and STILL got carded at the Rear Barrel this past summer. My boyfriend was carded by TWO bouncers a couple years back and they gave him a hard time because he didn't look exactly like he did in his ID picture. They actually threatened to confiscate the ID and call the cops!

The door guys are cranky, power-thirsty egomaniacs, so even if you are with people of age, expect a hard time.

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:38 am

I'll be 26 in 10 days.

Taz

Postby Taz » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:05 pm

Birthday party time for Kay, whoahhhh

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:17 am

It's on a saturday, we'll just go out as usual and get drunk, nothing too different.
At least I can hang out with friend sthis year cause it's on a weekend, hasn't been for a few years,,,skipped being on a friday cause of leapyear.

Return to “Bars, Restaurants and Nightlife”