New Ed's and Commodore

A place to discuss best places to dine, party or your favorite entertainer!

Moderator: admin1

theoneandonly

New Ed's and Commodore

Postby theoneandonly » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:15 pm

Anyone hear about Mr. Ed's getting demolished this past winter, and now is going to be three times the size. And the little old rooms are gone too. Now there is going to be a three story unit. I can't wait! Now the best bar on the island just got three times the size. :D

Mills

Postby Mills » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:06 pm

That new 3,000 sq ft deck sounds amazing!!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

mobay

Postby mobay » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:10 pm

Mills, did they tear down your suite? If they did they should stick one of those Ohio Historical Markers where it once stood.
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

Mills

Postby Mills » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:12 pm

They should do that mobay that is a great idea! I will run it by Ed and Jeremy and see what they say!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

retailsup

Postby retailsup » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:14 pm

This sounds really nice. I wonder what the 3 floors will have in store for us. If anyone finds out you'll have to let us know. Drink 1 for me.

Taz

Postby Taz » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:09 pm

I think a lot of that will be going on......................
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

BarBoy

Postby BarBoy » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:56 am

From what I understand, the hotel will include rooms with refrigerators, microwaves, high-speed internet and cable, AC, a coffee shop, and easy access to the 1st and 2nd levels of the new bar. Also, the new bar more then doubled in size and I also heard there is going to be a little gift shop, so you can get your advertising material there mobay....FYI, the Mr. Ed's on the mainland has more clothing if PIB doesn't have what you want...Can't wait for it to open up.

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:52 am

I haven't checked the camera out since they knocked it down, has anyone seen how it's going?????

I tried to stay off of here for a while cause I get too excited about going, but it's too late, everyone try to plana trip for memorial day.

retailsup

Postby retailsup » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:00 pm

That would be a great time to go, especially since it's a long weekend. The weather makes you want to think about the bay that's for sure. We'll have to drink some to warm up.

Taz

Postby Taz » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:32 pm

I'll be up on that Sunday. Maybe that Friday as well.

freakin'hot

Postby freakin'hot » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:02 pm

I have a situation/question: for our summer 2005 Bay trip, we have chosen to stay in a condo rather than a hotel. Although the condo will offer more than a hotel room as far as amenities, it does not have a pool. I love to swim, and will kind of miss that aspect of the hotel.

Will the Mr. Ed's/Commodore complex still have its pool and tiki bar, and will it be open to people who do not have reservatons there?

Does anyone know of any other hotels that may let non-guests use their pools?

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:32 pm

The [banned] has 4 pools open to the public, actually 3 pools, a 20 man hot tub, and some fountain thing. It's a good place to party and they have 2 bars there and sometimes music.
I didn't hear about Ed's yet but I think the pool is still there, not 100% but they would be crazy to get rid of it, although I hear the new bar is going to be really nice..
[banned] also has a swim up bar.

The new resort and hotel also has a pool and swim up bar and is open to the public.

There will be plenty of places to go with pools that are open to the public, but you have to buy your drinks there, can't bring them with you.

freakin'hot

Postby freakin'hot » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:39 pm

I think I know where you're talking about with the swim-up bar! Thanks again!

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:38 pm

The Commodore is going to have the same exact pool and tiki bar this season. It is open to everyone too!!

The other hotel behind which I will not name b/c it will say banned is not always open to the public. Usully it is closed although last summer they were not nearly as strict about it as years past.
Mills, from Cincinnati

Taz

Postby Taz » Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:48 pm

I think they check depending on how crowded it gets. On the really hot days they check people to make sure they are guests. Other wise its ok.

Return to “Bars, Restaurants and Nightlife”