The Boathouse

A place to discuss best places to dine, party or your favorite entertainer!

Moderator: admin1

Mother Trucker Dave

The Boathouse

Postby Mother Trucker Dave » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:48 am

Why do you go, or not go, to the Boathouse?

Did you used to go and not go anymore?

Did you start going there recently because it suits you better than the other places?

They made some changes this year that might appeal to you if you didn't go before. The food was really good this weekend too.

Mills

Re: The Boathouse

Postby Mills » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:08 am

I have always enjoyed the Boathouse for lunch, their burgers and sandwiches are pretty good!! I also like hitting the bar late afternoon or early evening and sitting on the patio looking out toward the park and lake :) I have to admit though that it has been a while since I have been there at night. This weekend I am going to be changing all that as we are going to make a point to hit the Boathouse, Roundhouse, and Fish Bowl as well as the usual spots!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Mother Trucker Dave

Postby Mother Trucker Dave » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:26 am

The menu is small than it used to be, but the food was really good and reasonably priced this year. They're making it into more of a bar with more pub tables and fewer dinner tables, 21 and over only inside (not sure if that's all day) etc...

They also put the acoustic stage behind the bar up front and will have entertainment all day (two acoustic acts up front and then the night acts on the big stage).

It would have been nice to see you this past weekend when my band played there! ;-) We actually had the same amount of people during out sets that the Roundhouse and Ed's had, but they're much smaller so they look more crowded. We hadn't brought the band up for a couple of years and decided to do that once this year. I'll be back up to do the acoustic thing July 4th weekend and some time in August.

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:42 am

I wish I was there this past weekend, but will be this weekend. There is a good chance I will be there for the 4th so I will look for you then!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

PIBCarl

Postby PIBCarl » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:59 am

Hey Gang,

Longtime reader of forum and frequent visitor to PIB each August. What is the deal with the pool bar that also serves as the worlds largest u---al? My wife heard that is a great place to stay, but I'm a little leery. Can you folks offer any veteran words of wisdom on whether it a good place to stay or should I convince her we need to avoid it on our next trip. Seems like you can party at any of the pool bars without have to stay at the hotel (loved the old TIKi bar, looking forward to MIST).

Any perspective would be appreciated.
thanks
PIB Rocks!

WCM

Postby WCM » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:25 pm

I like The Boathouse, yet oddly I don't go there much. I can't say I really have any specific reason why. I think it just comes down to who I know and where they normally go and I guess I don't know many people who typically go to the Boat House.

When they had NASCRAB there 4? 5? years ago, I went all the time!

Return to “Bars, Restaurants and Nightlife”