Top 5 bar list

A place to discuss best places to dine, party or your favorite entertainer!

Moderator: admin1

Baywatch

Postby Baywatch » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:33 pm

This is my first post, but I've been reading everyones posts since last July and can't wait to meet you all. We were up Xmas in July and it was a tad on the busy side. I couldn't hardly get my beer up to drink it. Which created a problem. But that's not stopping me from coming back up this Xmas in July. Personally, I like the SPEDS. Great music and fun to dance to.

What other bands are great to listen to? None of the top 40 stuff, I'm talking about good ole rock and role!
Baywatch

"I drank to drown my pain, but the damned pain learned how to swim, and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good behavior."

xwonkax

best bars

Postby xwonkax » Mon May 03, 2004 12:31 am

1. Mr.Eds
2. Roundhouse
3.My boat "DreamMaker" 36' Carver B-dock inflatable reindeer
4.who cares

BarBoy

Postby BarBoy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:58 pm

if you think Mr. Ed's was great last year....wait til this year! the bar has expanded and there is a new hotel connecting to the bar.... Could turn into one of the most popular places on the island if it isn't already

Taz

Postby Taz » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:37 pm

We've been getting updates, can't wait to see the end result.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

jlobe2112

Postby jlobe2112 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:55 pm

I would vote Mr. Ed's as my top 1. Frosty's comes close. Sorry Mills! I can't wait to see all the guys we partied with on Dock A again! At least this time I won't be as noticeable. NO BROKEN ARMS this time!!!!

I think we'll be at the Bay 4 times this year!! Look for me - I'll be with Mills most of the time!

Taz

Postby Taz » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:58 pm

I have to say three way tie for first between the Boathouse, Frostys and Mr Eds.

baylink

top 5 bars

Postby baylink » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:04 am

Tie for first between:
Upper deck of Boardwalk
Roundhouse
Brewery
Fishbowl
Joes
Mr. Eds
Frosty's
Boathouse
Skyway
Tony's

jlobe2112

Postby jlobe2112 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:17 pm

I haven't been to the Boathouse. What's it like? I have only gone to Frosty's and Mr. Eds. Sad I know. But maybe during Memorial Day weekend, you guys can take me to new places.

Taz

Postby Taz » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:55 pm

Boathouse is great! PIB patty works there, Bar up front band and dance floor in back.

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:24 pm

Jen, you have only been to Frosty's and Mr. Ed's?? Now that must be partially my fault :oops: I will make sure you experience the Boathouse and Roundhouse then the Brewery late night!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:08 pm

I haven't made it nearly to as many bars... although, I have done both the brewery and skyway late night....
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

kindy52

Postby kindy52 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:05 pm

TOP 5?, man that might be more disputable than the BCS, I'm gonna have to start at 10>

#10 - Skyway - It's always a place I know that I'll be able to find most of the group if and when we get separated. I think the bouncers handle a pretty impaired crowd excellently.

#9 - The Brewing Co. - I'm not a dancer, but I like to watch girls dance and I somehow seem to end up there just before the late Skyway run, Not a bad little place.

#8 - The Boardwalk - Great place to get it started especially if everyone wants something different to eat. Very friendly service, too.

#7 - The Gazibo - Great BBQ, fun crowd, love that place.

#6 - Mr. Ed's (inside) - Used to be top 2, from what I'm hearing, it may jump right back up there.

#5 - Beer Barrel - Most of the time I don't spend too much time there, and it's usually where I lose the crew, but there's a real diverse croud, which is good.

#4 - Boat House - I always seam to enjoy the bands there. I love that place.

#3 - (sorry top secret)

#2 - Mr. Ed's Tiki Bar - Nothing like sipping a rum runner and experiencing the cinci west side crew's parties (how's helmet boy, Mills?)

#1 - This is so sad, Noone will ever convince me that there was ever a crazier place than LONZ WINERY. It's just impossible to explain and hard to remember.

(honerable mention to the chicken grill, mmmmmmmmm good)

Note: These rankings were based on my personal experiences, all of the establishments were judged by atmosphere, service, music, and type of croud attitudes. There is a slight possibility that my judgement may have been impaired during these experiences.

admin1
Site Admin

Postby admin1 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:46 pm

Great Post! Thanks!

mgw

Postby mgw » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:20 am

Hate to say it, but we have only been to Beer Barrel, Roundhouse and Mr. Ed's for a short time! We are determined to go to Frosty's and the Boardwalk this year. Missy wants to go to Skyway also. I think we will be cutting out Beer Barrel this year. The Menu's are playing and being from Cincinnati have seen them soooo many times. Maybe we will take the posts from this site as a checklist of bars to go to!

Baywatch

Postby Baywatch » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:34 am

Where is the Brewing Co? I'm always in the mood to dance so I'm interested in any place I can dance. I've only been to the Roundhouse, Beer Barrel, Frostys (which was way too crowded last Xmas in July) and the Skyway (for the first time).

I did see some dancin' going on A dock last year :P
Baywatch

"I drank to drown my pain, but the damned pain learned how to swim, and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good behavior."

Return to “Bars, Restaurants and Nightlife”