Top 5 bar list

A place to discuss best places to dine, party or your favorite entertainer!

Moderator: admin1

Mills

Top 5 bar list

Postby Mills » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:00 am

1) Frosty's
2) Mr. Ed's
3) Pbosak's boat (not really a bar, but makes you wonder sometimes)!!!
4) Roundhouse
5) Boathouse
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

mobay

I disagree

Postby mobay » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:59 pm

Why isn't Mr. Ed's #1? I hear that is where Wally Szczerbiak goes!
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:47 pm

It was a hard choice to tell you the truth mobay, but Frosty's was a little better this past season! However the pool is the best part of the Commodore/Mr. Ed's!!!

And yes that is absolutley true we ran into Wally Sczerbiak this past August!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

mobay

Postby mobay » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:55 pm

As much as I think the service sucks there, I have to rank the Brewery on my list of top 5 now. There pizza is the best on the island, and they had the most beautiful girl I've seen in PIB work there last season.
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

gthbkfn

Postby gthbkfn » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:59 am

My vote goes for Lion Hill. It's a little out of the way, but nice people and great music. It's a good place to go if you don't want to be elbow to elbow with people. Not only that it's funny to watch people leaving to get on the jet.(drunks don't walk so good) :)

Commander

My vote...

Postby Commander » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:53 pm

Top 5:

Top Deck of the Boardwalk- For the view, enough said about that. The bisque is good too. However, bisque and tequila can be dangerous.
Lion Hill- I miss Gary though, but I like the distance from the madness, and the view of the fresh meat right off the Jet.
Mr. Ed's- Babes, babes, babes.
The Carousel- Unique, open air, decent view. Cheap food right by it.
The Fish Bowl- Smaller rowdy crowd.

Bottom 5:

The Beer Barrel- The patio used to be in #1 of my top 5 until they trapped all the C0 from all the bodies by the glass and dumb palm trees. Who dreampt that up? Unbearable on a summer night.
Frosty's- The permanent smell of puke does remind me of my days on campus, but not what I'm into on the weekends. The pizza is awful too even when I'm drunk.
Mossback's- Lousy service. Every single time. Too bad- it's a beautiful place.
The Boathouse- Lousy service, but better than Mossback's. This could be fixed.
The Baby Barrel- Only because it is closed. It would be on my top 5 immediately if it opened again. It was the no frills "secret escape" of the island.

The Commander
[/b]
The Commander

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:59 am

Commander, I have never heard of the Baby Barrel? Was that the little bar next to the Boardwalk?
Mills, from Cincinnati

Commander

Baby Barrel...

Postby Commander » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:06 am

See, I told you it was secret!
The Commander

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:09 am

Awww c'mon Commadrer how bout a little hint?????
Mills, from Cincinnati

Cap'n Jack

Postby Cap'n Jack » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:48 am

I usually don't let myself get sucked into these "which is best" list but this time I can't help myself, so here goes:

5. Lion Hill - It would have made #1 if Gary were still there.
4. Gazebo - It's great to be outdoors on a warm sunny day
3. Brewery- Great place for a beer and sandwich. Ray, upstairs is good too
2. Roundhouse - On Sunday nights or when Mad Dog or Calabash are
playing
1."B" Dock - Transient home of the greatest bunch of boaters and partiers
in the world

I have several honorable mentions, including The Baby Barrel ( aka The Castle), The Blue Iguana and The Fishbowl.
We won't get into the worst list today

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:51 pm

Thanks for the mention Mills. I will try extra hard this year to assure I get the number one spot next year. You're right though.....with all the drinking, dancing, and carrying on, the boat might as well be a bar. It's certainly a lot cheaper.

OK, here's my list of the top 5 bars:
1. Frosty's - Great place to hang out during the day. There's a ton of fun people present looking to talk. It's an easy place to meet new friends.

2. Boathouse - Great bar for dancing, especially when Jady Current is playing. It's big enough where you can move around although they need a bigger dance floor. BIG negative is the cover charge...even though they have a band.

3. Beer Barrel - I love it because they get some great bands (Menu's, Mustang Sally, Earthquakers, etc...) and you can actually move around. I always find the service good as well although the drinks are expensive...kind of one price for most types of drinks.

4. Mr. Ed's pool party at the Commodore - a fun and wild place to spend a sunny afternoon. BAR NONE, the best frozen drinks on the island. I forget what kind of drink it is (Bahama mama?), but they have a machine that makes them. Better get them when you can though because the machine is slow and once they run out, you'll just get a non frozen version of the drink. Drink with caution though because those drinks will get you feeling good in no time. They also have a dj playing the latest and greatest music and have activities like belly flop contests from time to time. Ask Mills about the time some lady split his head open in the pool during the belly flop contest. Since he shaves his head, he may even show you the scar.

5. [banned] Pool - Great place to have a blast during the day. The scenery is awesome but the service sucks. It's the perfect environment for a hot summer day at the bay. Would be better if they had a DJ like at Mr. Ed's though. Of course this is all contingent upon them letting you in the pool area. Doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason...some time the gate is locked and sometime it's open for all. If it's locked, they have a fit if you try to sneak in through the lobby. You'd think you were trying to rob the place. I think Mr. Ed taking all of the daytime business at the Commodore opened their eyes.

Because it's not a bar, I didn't list it in the top 5, but the absolute best place to party is A Dock. What a great group of boaters who LOVE to have fun and party. Especially when the boys from Cincinnati and Jagerman are in town. Just watch out for the famous "See ya later" punch. Half of the time, you'd mistake the dock for a dance party as the boats are always cranking out music and everyone is dancing. Just watch out for all the beads being thrown around. ha ha.

Jagerman17

Top 5 bars

Postby Jagerman17 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:19 pm

This is a simple one....

Top 5 bars....

1. Frosty's Bar
2. The Back Area near the Pool Tables of Frosty's Bar
3. The middle of Frosty's Bar near the Jager Machine
4. The Food Court area of Frosty's Bar
5. The T-shirt and merchandise section at the front of frosty's Bar

See-ya there.....

P.S. I had no idea there were other bars on the island?? where are they?

-- Confused A Docker

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:50 pm

Kenny you are crazy! There is this one bar I know you have gone to called Mr. Ed's Tiki bar remember the one where there are chicks in bikini's LOL!!! Plus there is Paul's and Jason's boat which both pretty much qualifiy as a bar!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

Jagerman17

Postby Jagerman17 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:09 pm

Ahhhhhh. Yes! Now it is all coming back to me........Although I still have a ways to go as I am busy trying to find that 4th of July weekend!

margaritamadam

Postby margaritamadam » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:38 pm

Hi y'all! New to this messageboard! I've been reading all your chat for the last year and FINALLY got the nerve to join up! Can't wait for the season to begin..hopefully will get there more than I did last year! And I'd LOVE to meet all of you there!!!!!
Anyways, I have to agree with many of the Commander's picks...I've tried and tried, but have not yet become a Frosty's fan..usually go there to pre-party...I am not a fan of Beer Barrel either, just because of the cover..but when Jady Kurrent is there (who is from my hometown) or Pat D...it is all good!
Anyways, I have to go (1) Mr. Ed's ( for the dancin' music)(2) Roundhouse and (3) the docks, which are always a blast!
Join me for a margarita!
MARGS

Return to “Bars, Restaurants and Nightlife”