Memorial Day

Post the dates or your visit to Put-in-Bay and meet new friends!

Moderator: admin1

dvlcrush

Postby dvlcrush » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:58 am

Hello Everyone!

Im going to try and make it down for one of the days, if I can find someone to come with!

Hows everybody ?
Laugh when you can, Apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. Kiss slowly, Play hard, Forgive quickly, Take chances, Give everything and Have NO Regrets. Life is too short to be ANYTHING but HAPPY!!!

dvlcrush

Postby dvlcrush » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi

Hows everyone doing? Im going to try and make it up one of the days!
Laugh when you can, Apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. Kiss slowly, Play hard, Forgive quickly, Take chances, Give everything and Have NO Regrets. Life is too short to be ANYTHING but HAPPY!!!

dvlcrush

Postby dvlcrush » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:20 pm

Sorry about the double comment :evil:

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:57 pm

Made reservations at the campground today, hopefully I can get off of work soon enough to fly there before sunset Friday night (no take off or landing after dark). Otherwise we'll be there Saturday morning. See ya'll there!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Tue May 13, 2008 3:33 pm

11 more days until PIB!!!! :D

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Tue May 13, 2008 11:30 pm

If weather holds out we're heading there this Saturday too, just for a day trip. Cant get enought PIB time! :D

Simple_man5

Postby Simple_man5 » Wed May 14, 2008 6:35 am

Just made my reservations for July 3-6.......can't wait
Simple_man5 from Steubenville.....Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Thu May 22, 2008 11:47 am

Well, did some last minute shopping. Still have to buy some 80 proof booze. Also need to go to West Marine for a grill mount. Then Captain Matt, myself, and his baby girl (she is 1 now) are going for a test ride tonight and make sure the engine tune up went well. Also have a new prop so need to check that. I am sure everything is good as Matt did most of it and the parts I did he was there to make sure I didn't mess up.

So, we are still planning on being there before noon on Saturday. Weather is looking nice.

If anyone wants to stop by for a shot or a beer it looks like we will be on C dock this year.

My boat name is BTSOOM.
The boat next to us is called Jamaican Me Crazy.

Hope to see some new and old faces!!!!!

Mills, what is Paul's boats name and Don't new boat called or look like???

Go Pistons and Wings and Tigers!!!! We are having fun with our sports right now even with the Tigers slumping. Hopefully this hitting continues.

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Thu May 22, 2008 1:26 pm

I'm jealous! I'll be home working on a few bottles of wine.. Wait... I shouldn't complain about that
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu May 22, 2008 2:38 pm

Paul is staying at the Island Club this weekend so I am not sure how much he will be around the docks. I talked to him this morning and told him to look for you though and he said he would look for you :lol:

I sooo wish I was coming this weekend to the Bay!! Looks like the best Memorial day weather in a long time!!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Thu May 22, 2008 9:19 pm

Mister Kay wrote:If anyone wants to stop by for a shot or a beer it looks like we will be on C dock this year.

My boat name is BTSOOM.
The boat next to us is called Jamaican Me Crazy.

Hope to see some new and old faces!!!!!

Thats awesome to throw out an invite...I'll definatly stop by!

About 36 more hours till departure!!! I'm hoping to land on PIB at about 10 am and crack open the first beer by 12!
If you happen to drive past the airport, look for a tan Piper "N" number N120BJ...thats my baby!

Oh...I was looking through some "dock" pics from 6-4-06 and I did see the name "Jamaican Me Crazy" on one of them.

WCM

Postby WCM » Fri May 23, 2008 9:16 am

I'm leaving in a few short hours, or as soon as I feel its late enough to come up with a not so viable excuse that would cause me to leave, but be late enough to make it impractical to have to come back to work excuse. I bought a golf cart last weekend so I can't wait to give it some mileage!!!

(even though it failed inspection b/c it doesn't have turn signals, a horn, and the brake lights aren't tied to the brake...but shhhh, don't tell anyone, I am still going to drive it anyway)

WCM

Postby WCM » Fri May 23, 2008 12:03 pm

T-Minus 1 hour and I'm out of here! My buddies just called me walking off the ferry...I immediately got even more antsy...

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Tue May 27, 2008 11:55 pm

Memorial Day weekend was a blast! Great times, great pizza and great beer!
I took my wife and two friends along on this trip, we touched down at the airport around 11am and was at the Roundhouse by 12:30. At somewhere around four we decided to get a pizza to curve the buzz. Went to many bars after that.
Somwhere around dusk my wife and I stopped by Mister Kay's boat (which was pretty awesome BTW!!) and was treated to a tall Jack and Coke. THANKS AGAIN MAN!! We shot the bull for awhile and before my memory faded I did remember offering Mister Kay a ride around the Bay in the airplane...more to come on that!
Wife and I then went to Tony's Place and closed that bar down. Feeling pretty woosey and thinking I could get a second wind, I get some Cameos Pizza...didn't work, 1:30 am I call it a night.

Back to the plane ride...Sunday we get up somewhere around 10-11am and I feel like my internal organs have shut down, I now have 2nd heart beat in my head...
There is now way I could fly a kite right now let alone an airplane!
Needless to say the ride was postponed to a future date!

Spent most of Sunday night at the Round House splitting buckets with my friends, the Websters band sounded pretty good...never heard them before.

Monday got breakfast at Tippers and we were airborn by 1pm.

All in all it was an awesome weekend!
Wife and I flying back up there Sunday and taking care of some buisiness Monday...hopefully I can report back with some GOOD news!!

Return to “Roll Calls”