Weekend of October 7th

Post the dates or your visit to Put-in-Bay and meet new friends!

Moderator: admin1

Rockstar

Weekend of October 7th

Postby Rockstar » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:23 pm

Hey, I heard there was a wine festival the weekend of October 7. Has anyone gone to it before?? I will be at PIB that weekend for my friends birthday, and I am sure alot of wine will be drunk....but I am not sure of this trip to the wine gardens will be as good as the last time.....
.....under the willow tree in PIB...... ;)

Taz

Postby Taz » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:08 pm

Did you end up going up this weekend? Let us know how it was if you did.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:51 am

I was there. Got there Friday, saw TSWalkers on Friday for a bit, but went to bed early.
Saturday I went to the Fall Fest, great time, burgers were the best, even the gf liked them and she hates most burgers.
JD Owen was good and played all the songs everyone wanted to hear. Adult beverages were flowing very nicely.
Spent most of the rest of the day at the boathouse and went to Mr. Ed's for the game and had further adult beverages and more great food, I think I had 6 burgers and 3 hotdogs on Saturday, good stuff. Met up with the Walkers there and another couple but I forgot their names, nice people, who even boated from Catawba island in a 20 footer with rough seas, those are true boaters!
I watched the lions at the boathouse Sunday, or at least the 2nd half. TM'ed Mills who was getting pumped for the Cincy game.
Left at the last ferry on Sunday.
It was cold but I had on a few sweatshirts and was fine, weather doesn't really matter to much. I wanted to go in the hottub at the PIB resort but the gf thought i was joking when I told her to bring her bathing suit, as there was no way we were going in any pool.
Most places were still open, I think the DQ was closed but that was it.
Definitely a good time of the year to make another trip, it's not way too packed, although Ed's was full as always Sat. night, but it only took a quick "yo barkeep" to get a drink.
The tent and winefest was set up but I didn't go in, looked like a lot of people enjoyed it though.
I will be back next weekend for Octoberfest and to watch the agony of OSU fans as my Spartys beat them on Saturday.
Good times as always.

Rockstar

One more thing.....

Postby Rockstar » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:28 am

We watched the OSU/Penn State game...and I am SURE the Spartans have NOTHING to worry about...and maybe the Wolverines might win a game when they play OSU... :twisted:
.....under the willow tree in PIB...... ;)

Return to “Roll Calls”