Mobay needs your advice

Post the dates or your visit to Put-in-Bay and meet new friends!

Moderator: admin1

What Should Mobay Do?

Go Friday night, leave saturday morning. Sleep under the canon in the park if you have to.
11%
Go Saturday night, there will still be boobs left to see (both male and female)
16%
Skip the wedding, you have priorities to take care of at the bay!
74%
Stay home, we don't need a sober sally like you holding us back anyways.
No votes

Total votes: 19

mobay

Mobay needs your advice

Postby mobay » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:23 pm

I am going to make it to xmas in July one way or another. It just is a matter of when. A "friend" is getting married at 4:30 in the afternoon Saturday. I put that in quotes because we don't talk much any longer, and I didnt even get invited to the bachelor party. I am half tempted at this point to skip the wedding all together, although I was planning on skipping the reception anyways. If I still go I could either head to the bay friday night, but I don't have a place to sleep. Depending on how long the service goes I could make it saturday evening, but I almost feel like there wont be much party left. What should I do?
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:22 pm

Well if I were not invited to the bachelor party I would definitely skip the wedding!! It was my understanding that almost everyine is welcome to a bachelor party, but you need to be invited to a wedding!! It sounds like he just wants your gift! Save your money for the Bay and spend that gift money on red bull and beads!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

christie

XMAS IN JULY

Postby christie » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:56 pm

THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!!!
ANYONE ELSE STAYING AT THE [banned]???

mobay

Postby mobay » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:07 pm

Yeah that really bothers me that I wouldn't be invited to the party, which makes me think I just got a courtesy invite even though he did call me on the phone to ask if I would attend. I had only planned on getting him a card anyway...
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

meiserly1

What should Mobay do?

Postby meiserly1 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:14 pm

Skip the wedding. You were invited as a formality...besides, if your friend knew anything about you he would know how much this weekend means to you. Send a card with a $20 JC Penney gift card on Friday and head to PIB with a clear conscious. Maybe you can go to his next wedding....
Hug your parents while you still have them!

christie

Postby christie » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:38 pm

The countdown is ON!!
Anyone else staying at the [banned]??

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:53 pm

Bay, Bay, Bay!!!! Weddings in July suck anyways who wants to wear a suit and tie in this weather!!!??!?!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Taz

Postby Taz » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:35 pm

GO TO THE BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:11 am

I have a question for ya - did you RSVP and say that you're going? Cause that's kinda crappy to say you're going and then just not show up for a wedding...they paid for your dinner and all. That's probably the girls perspective 8) Other than that, if he's not that good of a friend, I'd say call him to tell him something came up and go to the Bay!!

mobay

Postby mobay » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:40 am

I did rsvp for myself, although others have suggested that many places charge by what was consumed and not by plate so I dont know if I feel too guilty about not showing up just because of the food.

Mills

Postby Mills » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:14 am

Ahhh don't worry about the food, he did not invite you to the bachelor party!!! GO TO THE BAY!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

DINO

Postby DINO » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:16 am

Mobay Mobay Mobay...... Such a life altering decision to make. Here's my take. I don't think I buy into the bachelor party non-invitation deal. I've been omitted from plenty bachelor party (probably because my reputation has preceeded me somehow) but have been invited to the wedding. Maybe it's a So Cal/Lakes Region thing. Anyway, I agree with CabinGirl as far as RSVPing and just not showing up. No bueno. BUT, most reception places, as far as I know, have a deadline of two or three days before the actual event for the doomed couple to give a final count of guests attending. With that said, you have until tomorrow or Thursday to call your bud and tell him you have a spinal tap scheduled for Friday and have to cancel on the wedding. Second, I'm voting for you to skip the wedding and head out the to island. I'm planning on coming out there next month for the first time and I need to see your posts up here so I can know more of what I'm getting myself into, damnit! So buck up, pick up the horn, call non-friend with a regret, get your silly arse to the bay and report back!
No Longer a PIB Virgin

Kelly G

Postby Kelly G » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:19 am

Didn't you say that he called you and invited you to the wedding? He didn't even send you an invite through the mail???? Chances are, someone else said they couldn't make it, and he probably realized after the invites went out, he forgot ya, and then had an opportunity to invite you after all. As far as being invited to the bachelor party... do you know any of the other guys that would be there? cuz if you do... then there is NO reason not to invite you for that... unless he was feeling crappy about forgetting to invite you to the wedding last minute.
I'm not sure if I'm just reading more into it or not, but I certainly wouldn't feel bad about going to the Bay instead. Unless of course, you think that you would look back at this moment later in life and wish you had gone.

mobay

Postby mobay » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:29 am

No, he sent me an invitation after he called me on the phone. I sent it back with an rsvp of one. This was a month or two ago, so I am not really sure what defines last moment. The only people I would have known at the bachelor party would be the bachelor, and his brother. I don't know if I would regret not going in the future, maybe to the extent that I agreed to do something then feeling bad for backing out.

bigdan

Postby bigdan » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:06 pm

Hey Mobay;
I dont know you, at that matter I dont know anyone from this site although I feel like I know everyone from all of the posts I have read and I am very opionated about bachlor parties and weddings. I have a very close friend that got married last summer and his best man invited me to the bachlor party. We all sat around drinking and having a great time and started discussing the wedding which his wife did not want me there because "I was a bad influance on him" but I went anyway. I think if he does not have the courtesy to invite you to the BP than skip the wedding and Go to the Bay and give me back a report if Mills makes it till 6:00 PM to meet you all I hope to meet most of you in August when I will be there
Big Dan and thats my opinion

Return to “Roll Calls”