XMAS IN JULY

Post the dates or your visit to Put-in-Bay and meet new friends!

Moderator: admin1

cheergirl99

Postby cheergirl99 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:14 pm

I will be heading up Thursday morning around 8:00. Be there by 1:00!! Can't wait!!
Amy from Cincinnati, 24 Years Old

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:26 am

Where's everyone staying? Bullette and Mills - when are you getting there?

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:34 am

It is up in the air right now? I will let everyone know on Monday for sure what time and where.

Probably between 10 and noonish Friday is my best guess, I am going to be carpooling with 2 other guys so it depends when they want to leave.
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

mobay

Postby mobay » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:04 am

By the time I get there everyone is going to be blitzed! There won't be any fun left for me!!! :(
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

kindy52

Postby kindy52 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:32 am

Well,
For all you Thurs. arrivals, be sure and look me up at B or C and help me get a kick start before my crew arrives on Fri & Sat.

I got some Long Islands and Captain Morgans thats getting lonely up there in the fridge.
Hide the Rum!

Kelly G

Postby Kelly G » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:43 am

Mobay, are you kidding me? You can have a blast messing with them... and even if that doesn't work, I'm sure you will figure out a way to have fun. It just seems to happen when you are at the Bay... wish I could go! I'll be at quarter beers, our towns Fiesta Days. It goes on all week, starts tomorrow night, Night Ranger is playing... can't wait to see them. Last year it was Eddie Money. There's different stuff going on every night, then on Saturday, it's "side walk sales", they block off a few streets, the one that I hang out on is where the party is at. Heck, for 5 bucks, you can get a really good buzz and a couple slices of pizza. Then the next day is the parade. It's really funny to see everyone from the day before, everyone is all sun burned and hung over. There aren't any street venders with alcohol, which really stinks... I know they would sell plenty! Usually, we have some "lemon-aid" to help make the parade a little easier to get through. I think that the police and the firemen and the ambulance drivers really enjoy BLASTING their sirens. You should see them grinning ear to ear and waving.
There ya go Mobay, you can get one of those blow horns for the early morning wake up call...lol (just kidding, you might get hurt! lol)
So even though I wish I could be at the Bay, I'll have something fun here to look forward to. (I know, it doesn't compare! but it's fun!)
Hope everyone enjoyed my ramblings....lol
ENJOY!!!!
Kelly :)

jpaw

Postby jpaw » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:36 pm

How do the dock parties work?? Are they like college keggers?-everyone just walks up without knowing anyone and starts drinking or are they more like just friends hanging out with friends?

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:39 am

You probably could join in on a party if you are friendly enough, but people usually invite you on the boat. Obviously anyone can hang out on the docks, but it technically is illegal to have an open container on the dock. You are suppossed to be on a boat, but they let it slide quite often, but be careful!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:41 am

One more week to go! This time next Friday, I'll be on my way to the Bay. Working next week will be so hard!

Jpaw - I'd say they're not quite as open as college parties but people definitely are friendly and will accept just about anyone. That's been my experience anyway.

Kelly - I definitely enjoyed reading your ramblings! Especially since there's not much else to read on here. :roll: Quarter beers sounds like great fun. Where are you from?

Mobay - you should know by now there's always plenty of fun to go around! So pessimistic :wink:

Kindy - Mmm, Long Islands....

Does anyone remember where that link to last year's xmas pics went? I was looking for it but couldn't find it.

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:28 am

Cabingirl,

Those pics disappear after a certain amount of time.
Mills, from Cincinnati

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:10 am

Ok - thanks Mills. You got your santa hat all ready to go yet? :wink:

Kelly G

Postby Kelly G » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:00 am

Cabingirl.... I'm from IL, a little town about 50 miles NW of Chicago. Quarter beers is a great time, it's like a mini class reunion every year! Last year, one of my friends actual class reunion was on that day (from our town even!) I was like... WTF...they better not even think of doing that when it's time for mine! That's just about as bad as some of these so called 'friends' that decide to have their wedding on a summer weekend, when you could be at the Bay!!! The thought of having to choose which to go to would be very difficult, it's not the kind of thing that you can go to for a couple of hours, then go home and get ready for a formal type event! Well, I guess maybe you could... but I would DEFINITELY be late or possibly skip the dinner part....lol (Beer & pizza/ getting dressed up....hmmmm......... BEER & PIZZA!!!!!!!) LOL
Happy FRIDAY!!!!!!!!
ENJOY!!!
:)

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:47 am

Oh yea the Santa hat will be part of my wardrobe for the weekend! All I am packing is my red shorts, no shirts, a santa hat, ID, and a toothbrush HA HA!!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:35 pm

No beer bong?? Did you get a new one yet?

JETMAN

XMAS

Postby JETMAN » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:59 pm

I'LL BE PULLING INTO B DOCK AT 8:00 AM ON THURSDAY. THE NAME OF THE BOAT IS "JUST PLANE FUN", IT'S A 28' BAYLINER. EVERYBODY COME DOWN FOR SOME JAGER!!!!!!!!
What happens at the bay stays at the bay!

Return to “Roll Calls”