XMAS IN JULY

Post the dates or your visit to Put-in-Bay and meet new friends!

Moderator: admin1

Taz

Postby Taz » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:27 pm

Definitely keep calling the hotels there might be a cancellation. Campings a good idea. Hope you find something.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

jpaw

Postby jpaw » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:34 pm

Does anyone know if the campgrounds fill up on Xmas? I screwed up again and didnt book. After three years of saying we were going, my friend and I made our first trip last monday and had a blast at the roundhouse with one of our favorite detroit bands the Killer Flamingos. Xmas in july is my "officially" old birthday so I have a bunch of people coming to celebrate it on pib with me.

admin1
Site Admin

Postby admin1 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:43 pm

One room canceled at the Put-in-Bay Resort http://www.putinbayresort.com try to book it there on line. See you at the bay.

jpaw

Postby jpaw » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:53 pm

Thanks for the help, the three night minimum is killer so it looks like we are back to camping. See ya in 2 weeks

Taz

Postby Taz » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:08 pm

Yes, the campgrounds fill up.

meiserly1

Postby meiserly1 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:23 pm

Hey y'all! Friend and I cruising in on Friday afternoon...sure hope some dock space will still exist! We were there weekend of 6/18 and had a blast. Looking for some mature female companions while there. None of the 18 year old, two drinks, on the floor girls! We will be the two slightly balding guys!

meiserly1

Postby meiserly1 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:35 pm

Didn't see where this posted. Buddy and I cruising in Friday afternoon. What is chance of still finding dock space? What is chance still finding dates for the weekend? If we bring Jello shots do our chances increase? Do we stand a chance against the young studs since we are in our late 40's?

Taz

Postby Taz » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:04 pm

There is a slight delay on messages showing up for new people posting on this site. There's something for everyone at the Bay.

If I can get lucky, any one can................LOL.......

meiserly1

Christmas in July

Postby meiserly1 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:50 pm

Thanks Taz, I figured that out once I did a little bit of reading of instructions here. Also, am just funnin about young studs etc. We were up there mid June...very cloudy entire weekend, but still had a blast. That is why we are coming up again. Just sounds like a lot of fun. Am concerned about dock space though....won't get to PIB til about 2:30 pm Friday. Whats your guess...any space left by then??
Hug your parents while you still have them!

Taz

Postby Taz » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:09 pm

Its hard to say, last year they had the "flu symptom" scare and Xmas was a little on the slow side. Plus with the economy the way it is right now and the price of gas its really hard to know for sure. If you "post" on the Boating link on the Forum Index page, ask some of the hard core boaters what they think, they can probably give you a better idea what to expect. I'd say you'll get on the docks, but you'll be out a ways. Good Luck.

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:17 pm

Taz,

I could be wrong, but it was my understanding the water scare did not really start till after x-mas last year. Either way I thought x-mas was off the hook and better than 2003.

All I know is I will be ready to party!!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Taz

Postby Taz » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:32 pm

I'm not sure either, but the economy is hitting hard. I'll be there full tilt though, right along side of ya! Get the Beer Bongs ready!

zucker

rooms to be found

Postby zucker » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:37 am

there are several b + b's with rooms .will find out who has anything open on those dates.

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:44 am

I think fri 2:30 you should be alright, but it's close, don't get there too much later.

Baywatch

Postby Baywatch » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:46 pm

Taz,
I have to agree with Mills on this one. I thought it was pretty packed at Xmas. It was a chilly at night so everyone was at the bars at night. I could hardly move at Mr. Eds.
Baywatch

"I drank to drown my pain, but the damned pain learned how to swim, and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good behavior."

Return to “Roll Calls”