Volley Ball Tournament

Post the dates or your visit to Put-in-Bay and meet new friends!

Moderator: admin1

jlobe2112

Postby jlobe2112 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:27 am

Where and when do you guys play? I'm from Cincy and am going to be coming to the bay about 3 or 4 times this summer. I play intramurals right now at my college with Mills. I wonder why he said he couldn't play? Did he say why?

Mills

Postby Mills » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:53 am

I am not going to be able to make it that weekend b/c by then I will have already been to the island at least 4x if not 5 and will be about out of money plus I will be going out of town to follow the Bengals 4x this fall and need to save money. It gets expensive!!

Who knows I may be a late entry, but cannot commit to anything is all I am saying.
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

mobay

Postby mobay » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:21 pm

This tournament isnt in Cleveland, it is on the island.
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

jlobe2112

Postby jlobe2112 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:38 pm

I'm assuming that this is the tournament that you guys were referring to that putinbay.com said they'd sponsor us?? What weekend in August is this again?

Hmmm... I'm ok. I can serve and set. I usually don't get much of a chance to spike since Mills and my brother take over on the court. But, Mills, you'd say I'm pretty good....???

Maybe I can talk my roommate in going up there the weekend of the tournament. Let me know so I can plan on using vacation days if you need another player!!!

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:18 am

So I'm assuming that this is turning out to be mostly guys on this team... with the exception of me of course... i'm liking this more and more!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:41 am

Bullette,

jlobe is a girl (Jen) and her roomate is also a girl so not necessarily an all guys team.

And I would say Jen is pretty good and aggressive which is needed b/c you can't sit there with your hands in your pockets and do well!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:42 am

oh damn... i was hoping for more guys... it's ok... we'll still kick some ass anyway!

jlobe2112

Postby jlobe2112 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:35 am

yes, i am a girl. thanks for breaking my cover Mills! JK. if you want my roommate and I to play, we should be able to. Well not definitely with the roommate, but I'd have to find someone to come up there with me so I don't drive there by myself. I have to see if the Red's have a game that weekend cause if they do, my roommate can't come. She's pretty good too. She can set the ball as well as me.

Just let me know if you'll need me whenever you can. I just need to figure out exactly what weekend we're talking about, get off of work, and get someone to come with me. But I don't think any of those would be a problem.

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:39 am

Count me in that weekend. I will be one heck of a cheerleader and an even better cooler guard...oh yea and beverage tester as well.

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:58 am

Now i wonder what the rules of the tournament are... if we are allowed to have peopel switch in and out... we can have a huge team for all i care... the more people cheering us on the better... and if we have more than 6 that want to play, i'm all for sitting out some games... i say the more the merrier...

mobay

Postby mobay » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:44 pm

Mills wrote:Bullette,

jlobe is a girl (Jen) and her roomate is also a girl so not necessarily an all guys team.

HA! Suddenly I am liking this more and more!
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

mobay

Postby mobay » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:46 pm

Yeah, you can guard my bottled water too Paul! I am officially off soft drinks and red bull for medical reasons.

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:18 pm

Red Bull a little too strong mobay? Just giving you some crap :lol:

mobay, you will have to meet Jen and Amy they are a riot! Just add alcohol :D
Mills, from Cincinnati

mobay

Postby mobay » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:42 pm

Well I had to drop the red bull as part of trying to fix my insomnia. The soft drinks I had to drop because I am succrose intolerant, and it would make me very ill depending on how much I had. Since I don't drink I am basically down to good ol' water. Hopefully Mr. Ed's will be keeping their kitchen when they open their new place, I feel bad spending a whole day there and buying drinks.

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:45 pm

Yea Mr. Ed's is going to have the kitchen and even better than before from what Jeremy has told me! So you are in luck!
Mills, from Cincinnati

Return to “Roll Calls”