ANYONE REMEMBER LONZ?

Post the dates or your visit to Put-in-Bay and meet new friends!

Moderator: admin1

kindy52

ANYONE REMEMBER LONZ?

Postby kindy52 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:11 pm

I'll be there every weekend in June and July. probably at B dock and once in August at Commodore, but, hell I'm ready to go now!

I'm old to the Bay and new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone else misses old Lonz Parties on Saturday afternoons as much I do. I have a hundred experiences at that place but I can't remember many. :wink:

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:05 am

Unfortunately I have never been there before since my first bay trip was in 1999 and it collapsed in 2000. I have heard those days were pretty fun and wild though!! I wonder if they will ever re-open????
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

mobay

Postby mobay » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:12 am

Doubtful, that is a state park now.
I miss the old Mr. Ed's. I still hate the Beer Barrel. I'm diggin' Hooligans. And Mills isn't the only hot guy up there now with a bald head!

freakin'hot

Postby freakin'hot » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:23 pm

I miss it! My fondest memory is drinking beer at the Boardwalk and watching the Sonny S. deliver people back from the winery! Talk about entertainment! (Some people don't do too well during that boat ride!)

candita4

winery

Postby candita4 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:57 pm

I remember the wine festival where you would get in a wine barrel and stomp grapes. Used to have contests with guys and gals. Your right about the Sonny L. I have seen some very green people get off of that boat. Something about drinking as much wine as they usually drink beer. It was a great time never to be repeated I guess!

Reeking Havoc

Postby Reeking Havoc » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:46 am

i vaguely remember being there a dozen or so times,lol, but man that place was fun! it didn't matter student or senior citizen everyone was just rocked and partying. most of the guys i go with now have never been there and as much as i try you just can't explain the atmosphere there, its unlike anywhere i've ever been. i'd take that place over any spring break , mardi gras, or any other party spot i've been. just something about a "wine" drunk that makes people out of control, man , now i'm depressed to think its no more. everytime i'm at the bay i look across the water and think about that place and wish it was still around. it was so sad that it all had to end the way it did, whenever people talk about it they usually think of the collaspe and think that is why they closed when in fact they were slated to close at the end of season anyway to make it a state park, lucky us huh? but anyway it definitely was a place that everyone should have made it to once in there life if possible.

islander

Lonz's

Postby islander » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:05 am

My first job was at Lonz's in 86. I was just a 16 year old girl, it was my job on weekends to walk around the wine yard and pick up the empty bottles off the tables and box them back up. I couldn't believe they paid me to hang out there all day. Not to mention I grew up quick that summer. Boy did I see some thangs!

It really was one of the best places to enjoy on the islands and I miss both the lazy hot summer days up on th patio over looking PIB sipping a glass of Captain's Table Blush from a cup, and then the rocking Sat. afternoons, like an amusement park for grown ups, slugging Pink Cat right out of the bottle, partying like rock stars. Fun times.

If you've been around the islands a while you do feel the loss, and what makes it even more sad is not just that it came to an end but how it came to an end. Such is life I guess. I'm just lucky I got to enjoy the Winery for as long as I did and now I have the memories and photos to look back on.

Yammy

Lonz

Postby Yammy » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:42 pm

Partied there every fourth of July from '92 through 2000... Our contingent introduced beeds (3 boxloads) in '96 while wearing viking helmets and nearly started a riot at the place....

Always a great time. Everyone was your friend... Miss it dearly. What a way to end, though. Very sad. Have not been back to the Islands since the collapse...

Return to “Roll Calls”