June 11 - 14, 2009

Post the dates or your visit to Put-in-Bay and meet new friends!

Moderator: admin1

Melanie

Re: June 11 - 14, 2009

Postby Melanie » Thu May 14, 2009 2:58 pm

gomer wrote:Definitely not the guy from North Caroline. No one from my crew was from NC. All from Cbus born and raised. From your reaction I can't tell if it was a good thing or a bad thing that we aren't that guy. Anyway we will be up there that weekend hanging in the pool playing beer pong on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Hopefully we run into you. Thursday is usually pretty laid back so it would be good to find some people that are up to party if you are going to be up there that night. Hope to see you at the Bay.

Mills I know you are the best guy to ask about Mr Eds pool. I know you can reserve cabanas at Mist. Any idea if it costs money or anything?

THANK GOD!!! I hated that guy!! I was praying to God you weren't that group. Now I can breathe easy. Come to think of it, I remember thinking that the group the second day was different than the first, but figured I was just really drunk. LOL. We'll be there Thursday, probably around noon or two and will go straight to the pool once we can check in. See you guys there!!

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu May 14, 2009 9:10 pm

gomer wrote:
Mills I know you are the best guy to ask about Mr Eds pool. I know you can reserve cabanas at Mist. Any idea if it costs money or anything?

I talked to Jeremy (owner of Mr. Ed's) and he said it is bottle service only with a minimum bar tab $500. He wants you to call his cell so e-mail me and I will give it to you: jkmiller@gafri.com He did mention most of the summer is already booked up, but there are some spots left....
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Melanie

Postby Melanie » Fri May 15, 2009 9:40 pm

I just got laid off this morning, so I don't know if I'll be making the trip with the girls anymore. I MAY still be able to make it (I hope), but either way, the other girls will be there.

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon May 18, 2009 9:03 am

Ahhh I am sorry to hear you lost your job :cry: My very 1st job after I graduated form college was with the Cincinnati Cyclones professional hockey team working in the front office (dream job) and I was laid off 6 months after starting since the team was not drawing enough fans. It was the worst feeling ever, but on a positive note I found a job in a few months where I work still and I look back and realize it was probably for the best!! The way I look at it is everythign happens for a reason and you will find an even better job :D

And if there is any way you can still make it to the Bay I know that will definitely cheer yopu up :lol:
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

gomer

Postby gomer » Mon May 18, 2009 9:21 am

Melanie I am real sorry to hear about your job situation. That really sucks but I am sure you will have a new job in no time. They are laying people off at my company all the time, so I am always worried about that as well.

Hopefully you can make it to the Bay still. I am sure your friends will help you out as much as possible, and being a girl you get half your drinks for free anyway, lol. If you make it up there and we meet Ill make sure to grab you one or two. Keep us posted.

JodellandJon

Postby JodellandJon » Mon May 18, 2009 9:45 am

So sorry to hear about your job Melanie! :( Keep your chin up, it will get better!!
Married at the Bay in 2003!!!

gomer

Postby gomer » Tue May 26, 2009 12:20 pm

Hope everyone had a good time at the Bay during Memorial Day. I feel like I can officially start my count down for for the weekend of June 11-14th. Mills whats the status on Mist? Is it officially open yet? Melanie u going to make it?

Mills

Postby Mills » Tue May 26, 2009 2:10 pm

Memorial Day weekend was a blast!! 16 days till the next trip!! :D

I talked to Jeremy and he said 2 weeks it would be open for the June 5th weekend. So we should be good to go for Mist 8) I walked around it and in the last week or so they have come a long way so in the next 10 days it will all come together!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

Melanie

Postby Melanie » Tue May 26, 2009 7:12 pm

Sorry - I've been so busy sending resumes out, I haven't logged on. Thanks for all the encouragement and kind words! Yeah, it really sucks. I've been with the company for almost 4 1/2 years. They laid off 5 of us, last I heard. Anyway, I'm going to try to come up at least on Saturday. The girls will be there from Thursday on. If I get a job before June 11, I'll do everything I can to go the whole time. I have an interview tomorrow with a temp agency - groan. Wish me luck! Anything's better than nothing!!

gomer

Postby gomer » Wed May 27, 2009 8:26 am

Good luck. Glad to hear everyone had a good time Memorial Day weekend. Like it is possible not to have a good time at PIB

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed May 27, 2009 11:30 am

Exactly 8)
Mills, from Cincinnati

Melanie

Postby Melanie » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:47 pm

I am so excited!! In less than 12 hours, we'll be on the road!!! I can't wait! I took all your advice and we're going the Ferry route.

Return to “Roll Calls”