June 11 - 14, 2009

Post the dates or your visit to Put-in-Bay and meet new friends!

Moderator: admin1

Melanie

June 11 - 14, 2009

Postby Melanie » Tue May 12, 2009 3:45 pm

Me and 5 of my girlfriends are doing round 2!! We were on the island last year at the same time and had a blast!! This time we're bringing our own poolside pong with us so we don't have to keep buying all the beer!! We're so excited!!! :mrgreen:

Mills

Re: June 11 - 14, 2009

Postby Mills » Tue May 12, 2009 4:16 pm

We will be there staying at the Commodore old section!! What hotel are you staying? We would love to get in on some beer pong action :)
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Melanie

Postby Melanie » Wed May 13, 2009 10:49 am

We'll be at the Put-In Bay resort. I'm so excited!!! I can't believe we still have a month to wait! We're trying to decide if we're gonna do the Ferry this year, or jet express like last year. Ferry is SO much cheaper and parking is free, but the lot isn't secure. AND the ferry drops you at the other side of the island. So far, we're tied in the votes...

How many people are you going to be up there with?

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Wed May 13, 2009 11:58 am

I like the Ferry and have never had any problems with parking there.
Also, there are cabs waiting for every ferry on the island and there is also a shuttle bus that takes you downtown, I believe for just 2 bucks each.
Plus they don't really say anything about cracking a beer on the ferry. :D

However, if it's wavy careful being on the bow of the boat, although that is the funnest place to ride....and yes I said funnest.

Melanie

Postby Melanie » Wed May 13, 2009 12:30 pm

LOL! Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely keep that in mind. You can really drink on the ferry?? Hmmm... it's looking better and better. I'll have to let the girls know.

Melanie

Postby Melanie » Wed May 13, 2009 12:50 pm

Mills wrote:We will be there staying at the Commodore old section!! What hotel are you staying? We would love to get in on some beer pong action :)

OK, so I'm a little jealous. We adored the PIB resort last year, but I just went onto the Commodore's website and I'm a little envious of the new pool they're opening, Mist. Had we seen the pictures before now, we might have changed locations. Ah well, the Commodore doesn't have the 40 person hot tub, though!!! Maybe next year...

JodellandJon

Postby JodellandJon » Wed May 13, 2009 2:32 pm

Melanie,

We have been taking the Miller for years, and have never had a problem with parking / security issues. It is a lot cheaper!!! We only take the Jett if we get free tickets from my friend who works for a radio station! :) Hope you have fun!!
Married at the Bay in 2003!!!

gomer

Postby gomer » Wed May 13, 2009 3:31 pm

Whats up Melanie? I have a feeling you must have met some guys in my crew last year. We were at the Put in Bay Resort last year during this same weekend and we were the only guys in the pool with the floating beer pong table aka Port O Pong. We will be back up there back at the hotel the same weekend, starting on Thursday night. We got a little intoxicated last year and let someone borrow our pong table and it was stolen, but don't worry we got a new one so we will be back and better this year. We may have to engage in a few games. This year should be good because we will celebrating a couple bachelor parties as well. Hope to run into you.

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed May 13, 2009 4:03 pm

Definitely take the Miller it takes 18 minutes which is the same as the Jet Express and is a ton cheaper plus the free parking like you said. I have parked in the free lots so many times I lost count and never had a problem... Like Mr. Kay said there are taxis as well as the downtown bus. The taxi's are $3 and the bus $2. FYI... The downtown bus will drop you off by the Boathouse so you will have a walk to the PIB resort so I definitely reccommend the taxi since it will drop you off at the front door.

I almost always stay at the Commodore if not the boat docks or Middle Bass island. Good news is all the pools allow everyone to pool hop so you can still enjoy the new Mist :D The 40 person hot tub does ROCK!!

There will be 4-5 in my group depending if Taz crashes with us or not :P We will look for the beer pong girls at the PIB resort as we usually pool hop during the daytime....
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Melanie

Postby Melanie » Wed May 13, 2009 9:32 pm

gomer wrote:Whats up Melanie? I have a feeling you must have met some guys in my crew last year. We were at the Put in Bay Resort last year during this same weekend and we were the only guys in the pool with the floating beer pong table aka Port O Pong. We will be back up there back at the hotel the same weekend, starting on Thursday night. We got a little intoxicated last year and let someone borrow our pong table and it was stolen, but don't worry we got a new one so we will be back and better this year. We may have to engage in a few games. This year should be good because we will celebrating a couple bachelor parties as well. Hope to run into you.

Oh lord. Were you with the guy from North Carolina????

Melanie

Postby Melanie » Wed May 13, 2009 9:34 pm

Mills wrote:Definitely take the Miller it takes 18 minutes which is the same as the Jet Express and is a ton cheaper plus the free parking like you said. I have parked in the free lots so many times I lost count and never had a problem... Like Mr. Kay said there are taxis as well as the downtown bus. The taxi's are $3 and the bus $2. FYI... The downtown bus will drop you off by the Boathouse so you will have a walk to the PIB resort so I definitely reccommend the taxi since it will drop you off at the front door.

I almost always stay at the Commodore if not the boat docks or Middle Bass island. Good news is all the pools allow everyone to pool hop so you can still enjoy the new Mist :D The 40 person hot tub does ROCK!!

There will be 4-5 in my group depending if Taz crashes with us or not :P We will look for the beer pong girls at the PIB resort as we usually pool hop during the daytime....

You're awesome. Thanks for the tips. Yeah, we'll be the eternally wasted girls. On top of Beer Pong, my friend bought a game called Black Out, or Pass Out, or something like that. It should be interesting!! LOL.

Melanie

Postby Melanie » Wed May 13, 2009 9:37 pm

JodellandJon wrote:Melanie,

We have been taking the Miller for years, and have never had a problem with parking / security issues. It is a lot cheaper!!! We only take the Jett if we get free tickets from my friend who works for a radio station! :) Hope you have fun!!

Ask your friend if he/she can get us 6!! LOL - J/K. I'm so glad I found this forum. I'll try to convince the Jet Express girls to go a different route. If not, we'll split the two cars. The Jet Express girls can do their thing and spend $30 on parking and $28 per person roundtrip, and us thrifty girls who would prefer to save the money for the important stuff (the booze -- lol) will spend $13 each. Sounds so much nicer. But each of you who told me the Ferry parking was safe will have to contribute to the deductible if something happens to the car!!! :mrgreen:

gomer

Postby gomer » Thu May 14, 2009 8:39 am

Definitely not the guy from North Caroline. No one from my crew was from NC. All from Cbus born and raised. From your reaction I can't tell if it was a good thing or a bad thing that we aren't that guy. Anyway we will be up there that weekend hanging in the pool playing beer pong on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Hopefully we run into you. Thursday is usually pretty laid back so it would be good to find some people that are up to party if you are going to be up there that night. Hope to see you at the Bay.

Mills I know you are the best guy to ask about Mr Eds pool. I know you can reserve cabanas at Mist. Any idea if it costs money or anything?

Mills

Postby Mills » Thu May 14, 2009 10:40 am

Gomer, I will ask Jeremy if the cabana's are 1st come 1st serve or if you have to reserve them I am not sure?

Should be a great weekend and I am always looking to meet new friends to party with!! Some of my best friends I have met through this board and on the island!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

gomer

Postby gomer » Thu May 14, 2009 11:05 am

Yeah if you could let me know that would be awesome. The countdown is definitely on. Can't believe I will be up at the Bay in 4 weeks. Im jealous of you guys heading up before, especially Memorial Day.

Return to “Roll Calls”