A Dock or C Dock?

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

islander

Postby islander » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:31 am

Mills, I don't know who that is. Is he a race car driver, about that same time you mentioned some "famous" race car driver was on the Bay. Not any name a non fan would know, but anyways he too was a legend in his own mind, and very self important and he had all these rules the bartenders had to follow in regards to him. Every one I knew really wasn't impressed but it was fun to watch him try to play celebrity even though nobody I knew had a clue as to who this "famous" person was. No autographs please. Bob Dylan was like that too. His body guard would warn anyone attempting to speak to him to back off, "you don't speak to Bob Dylan unless he speaks to you first" It really wasn't very nice, but Bob can get away with it.

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:21 am

Wally is an NBA basketball player. I actually have a pretty good college story about him. He went to Miami, OH for college and a buddy of mine also went there. My buddy threw huge parties all the time and one Thursday night they got a bunch of kegs and called it "Dorsey nite" where girls from Dorsey Hall dorm get in free and it was $5 for guys. So Wally came to the party and expected to get in free too since he was Mr. Big man on campus basketball god!! When my buddy who is 6'7 280 told him it was $5 he threw the "I am Wally Sczerbiak " card. My buddy who could care less told him "It's nice to meet you Wally, it'll be $5 to get in the party"!! He threw a HUGE fit saying you don't know who I am and I am a basketball player blah blah blah!! Finally one of his buddy's paid the $5. Just shows how muh of an a** he is!!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

CabinGirl

Postby CabinGirl » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:47 pm

Oh Miami stories! Thanks for that memory jog Mills. Gotta love them. I was a Dorsey girl but missed that party. But Wally did live in my dorm his last year. He was a great player for Miami but I agree, he was a jerk!

Thanks for all the other stories too guys!

Deep Blue Water

Postby Deep Blue Water » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:46 am

What other famous/infamous people have been spotted on the islands?
This is pretty damn interesting ...... :shock:

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:33 am

Becky you know what's funny is we probably partied together at Miami well before we knew each other from the Bay and did not even realize it LOL!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:33 pm

Deep Blue Water wrote:What other famous/infamous people have been spotted on the islands?
I was famous for 15 minutes...does that count? :lol:

Deep Blue Water

Postby Deep Blue Water » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:58 am

He said "Wally" ......... lol
:mrgreen:

kindy52

Postby kindy52 » Wed May 07, 2008 4:56 pm

Gotta a chance to meet A.J. Hawke from Ohio State and is now a Green Bay Packer, a few years ago. He, Carpenter and half the team, i think were staying at the [banned]. They were some of the funnest people I have met at the Bay! I think my buddy has A.J.'s signature on his Round House bucket he had to wear on his head all night.
That was a great trip!!!!!!!!!!
Hide the Rum!

WCM

Postby WCM » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:03 am

Deep Blue Water wrote:What other famous/infamous people have been spotted on the islands?

Anthony Gonzalez's parents bought a house on the Island. He was up with them this weekend. I also saw Brady Quinn this weekend too.

admin1
Site Admin

Postby admin1 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:33 am

The last few weeks have had several of the Cleveland Browns here. Two weekends ago I hosted Derek Anderson and Hank Fraley. This weekend we hosted Hank Fraley (again) Steinbach and Brady Quinn. All had a great time and were very accomodating to request for photos and autographs and that was nice to see!

We expect a few returning this coming weekend for the Lake Erie Browns Backers annual Rib Burn off held at the Skyway on Saturday.

The weekend of July 18th we will be hosting 6-8 players at the Put-in-bay Resort http://www.putinbayresort.com prior to the start of training camp.

Taz

Postby Taz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:05 am

Admin, the Browns backer party is this weekend?
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

missnthebay

Re:

Postby missnthebay » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Mills wrote:I saw Wally Sczerbiak at the Bay maybe 3-4 years ago. He was in Mr. Ed's and was a total a**hole!!!!

I was there that weekend too. I also saw lebron James at the round house that same year. funny thing is he was only eighteen then and everyone knew it

Mills

Re: A Dock or C Dock?

Postby Mills » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:31 am

Yea it is funny how people who are famous get a free pass all the time, must be nice!!! 8)
Mills, from Cincinnati

Mother Trucker Dave

Re: A Dock or C Dock?

Postby Mother Trucker Dave » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:50 am

"the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld was on the Bay a couple of years ago."

I was there when he was there. The poor guy had to stay in the basement of the dorms with us band guys. Probably not the accommodations he was used to.

Return to “General Topics”