Grocery store

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

funboy2121

Grocery store

Postby funboy2121 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:13 pm

Hey, I could use some help! I usually stay on the island from Friday thru Sunday, but this year we are staying wed. thru sunday.My question is that we fish on thurs & friday, and we always bring sandwiches and a couple of cases of beer. My question is that I have never been to either of the two grocery stores on the island, so do they have like lunch meat or sandwiches that are pre-made? Also I'm sure they have cases of beer?
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

Mills

Postby Mills » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:29 pm

You can get beer at the drive thru right next to the Boathouse and it is just about normal prices, just a tad higher, but not bad.

As for the grocery store, it has a decent selection. The prices are really jacked up though, so be prepared to pay more. I know they have hot pockets :?
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

pbosak

Postby pbosak » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:32 am

They also have a big beer selection next to the grocery store and the beer is the same price as the drive thru. They also sell beer right next to the Boardwalk in that boat supply place. They don't have nearly the selection though, but if you are just looking for Bud or Miller lite, you'll be fine. As Mills said, the grocery store is over priced, but they have a decent selection of lunch meat and steaks.

Mills

Postby Mills » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:38 am

Oh yes Paul is absolutley correct the little store next to the Boardwalk that is pretty cool and convenient to the boat docks :lol:
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Return to “General Topics”