Hotel Questions

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

kwhite7

Hotel Questions

Postby kwhite7 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:08 pm

I have been to PIB many many times, but have never stayed in a hotel. I have some famil that has a house and I have always stayed with them. What are the best hotels to stay at? I am thinkin the Commodore at Mr. Eds. Anyone have any idea how much a weekend night is? Is there a better place to stay? Also how strict are they on having the correct amount of people in the room? I mean telling them you have 4, but really you have 6.

Thanks for all the input !

admin1
Site Admin

Postby admin1 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:21 pm

Either the Commodore Resort or the Put-in-Bay Resort are the preferred hotels on the island. You don't want to exceed the number of guest you register as that will result in eviction without refund.

If you decide to stay at any other hotel, be sure to ask their policy on alcohol. Most other hotels will evict you if you have ANY alcohol in your rooms. Seem's their high prices inspire more greed by refusing to let you purchase your own beer etc and have it in your room.

All in all, the lodging choices found on http://www.putinbay.com are all pretty nice places and good people.

Mills

Postby Mills » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:21 pm

I always stay at the Commodore, but the Edgewater is very nice as well :lol: I am just stuck in my old ways LOL!!
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Mister Kay

Postby Mister Kay » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:05 pm

I usually stay on the boats, but the PIB resort is very nice, I would reccommend that.

Plus you will save money by being able to actually predrink in the room.

funboy2121

xxx

Postby funboy2121 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:17 pm

I've stayed at the parkside hotel next to the Round Bar years ago, but it's an old colonial hotel with a bed in a room, and nothing else. The bathroom and showers are down the hall for community use.It sucked waking up at 4:00am, and having to walk down the hall half naked and still drunk,but it was nice to see some of the women who didn't care! Then we stayed at Harriet's house for two years, but he has strict rules, and holds you to them! This is the second year we will be staying at the Island Club,and it is the best place I've stayed at. You have people drinking and playing bean bags all day! It's like a little community, but they do have rules on the amount of people you have in the house. I have 12 guys everyear, so it suits us best. They have 6 person houses also! But to be honest, I never seen a person checking!
NO FOOLS, NO FUN!

pibpatty

Postby pibpatty » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:43 am

Thanks Funboy for the tip...we will be checking now.
pibpatty

kwhite7

Postby kwhite7 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:35 am

Thank you all for your responses. I am lookin into coming down in late August, we arent sure what weekend yet. How fast do rooms book up?

Taz

Postby Taz » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:29 pm

New Years in August books fairly fast, it really depends on what "Theme" weekend it is, the volley ball tourney may be in August also.
It happened at the bay, and man, I can't even remember her name!!!!!!!!!

Mills

Postby Mills » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:53 pm

Book the sooner the better :lol: Although only a handful of weekends would the absolute entire insland be booked. X-mas, and maybe 4th of July.
Mills, from Cincinnati

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let's all get wasted together and have the time of our lives!!!!

Return to “General Topics”