THE RULES OF BEDROOM GOLF

General information, views and opinions on activities at Put-in-Bay.

Moderator: admin1

dvlcrush

THE RULES OF BEDROOM GOLF

Postby dvlcrush » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:10 am

1. Each player shall furnish his own equipment for play, normally one club
and two balls.

2. Play on a course must be approved by the owner of the hole.

3. Unlike outdoor golf, the object is to get the club in the hole and keep
the balls out.

4. For most effective play, the club should have a firm shaft. Course owners are permitted to check shaft stiffness b4 play begins.

5. Course owners reserve the right to restrict club length to avoid damage
to the hole.

6. The object of the game is to take as many strokes as necessary until the course owner is satisfied play is complete. Failure to do so may result in being denied permission to play the course again.

7. It is considered bad form to begin playing the hole immediately upon
arrival at the course. Experienced players will normally take time to admire the entire course, paying special attention to well formed bunkers.

8. Players are cautioned not to mention other courses they have played or
are currently playing to the owner of the course being played. Upset course owners have been known to damage a player's equipment for this reason.

9. Players are encouraged to have proper rain gear, just in case.

10. Players should assure their match has been properly scheduled,
particularly when a new course is being played for the first time. Previous
players have been known to become irate if they discover someone else is playing what they consider to be a private course.

11. Players should not assume a course is in shape for play at all times.
Some players may be embarrassed if they find the course temporarily under reair. Players are advised to be extremely tactful in this situation. More advanced players will find alternate means of play when this is the case.

12. Players are advised to obtain the course owner's permission before
attempting to play the back side.

13. Slow play is encouraged; however, players should be prepared to proceed at a quicker pace, at least temporarily, at the owner's request.

14. It is considered outstanding performance, time permitting, to play the
same hole several times in one match.

15. The course owner will be the sole judge of who is the best player.

**Players are advised to think twice before considering membership at a given course. Additional assessments may be levied by course owners & rules are subject to change. For this reason, many players prefer to continue playing several different courses.

GOLF ANYONE???????? :wink:
Laugh when you can, Apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. Kiss slowly, Play hard, Forgive quickly, Take chances, Give everything and Have NO Regrets. Life is too short to be ANYTHING but HAPPY!!!

Simple_man5

Postby Simple_man5 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:05 am

FORE!!!!
Simple_man5 from Steubenville.....Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:19 am

once you agree, you will be given the booty call contract to sign and date as well!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

dvlcrush

Postby dvlcrush » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:25 am

Right Right!!

I got this from a guy at work and sent it to a couple others....one being one of the bosses here....he Repsonds with....."Any open times on your course?" First I was like woo than I responded with Sorry, this course is pretty popular and all booked up....lol!!
Laugh when you can, Apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. Kiss slowly, Play hard, Forgive quickly, Take chances, Give everything and Have NO Regrets. Life is too short to be ANYTHING but HAPPY!!!

Bullette

Postby Bullette » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:33 am

Ha ha ha... that's great... My course is a bit dusty!
Hey! Who took the cork off my lunch??!

dvlcrush

Postby dvlcrush » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:42 am

LOL!!!

Return to “General Topics”